THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by F KOENIG550, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

I have only one problem with this whole argument you a comparing a 1 million dollar Mclaren to a 150k modified skyline... can you say dumbass... when you talk about bang for the buck skyline whoops ass, im not bashing Mclaren in any way, i would have to say that yes it would beat this skyline but these are 2 different caliber of cars.

2. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

yes...i do agree that these cars are uncomparable. however, i do not like the fact that this 1 million dollar piece of art is being compared to a car which i think is much less superior. there are too many details, but i'm willing to discuss my opinion with anyone in a civilized manner. i believe that on the track (where it counts), the mclaren is a winner, no doubt about it.

3. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

i pretty much agree that the Mclaren would win on a track but if you put the 600k difference into the skyline you could do just as well as a mclaren, you could find any aftermarket part on earth or get one custom made to make the skyline as good as the mclaren, but we are still comparing apples and oranges, sure they both grow on trees but ones an apple and ones an orange...

If people want to compare a skyline to something try a vette or a supra or something near the same price range...

4. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

i agree with you ilive...

i think that people are trying to compare to cars that are uncomparable. i would go so far as to make the bold statement that the skyline doesn't deserve to be compared to the mclaren, but thats my opinion. a comparison with a supra or a similary priced cars is more appropriate.

by the way, how much is a skyline anyway?

5. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

The Skyline new, is about 40 - 50K and is a great car for the money, the problem, depending on where you live is the import charges can add another 40k to the price, depending on where you get it, dealership ect.

the best bet is to find a used one in japan, they are cheaper and find you own way to get it over here.

6. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

40 grand for import charges? thats a shitter. how much would the import charges be on a mclaren or enzo?

7. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

EVERYONE

This car is perfectly engineerd. The whole body is made from carbon fibre. The car is practically hand made. The centre of gravity is low and perfect, allowing for maximum friction between tires on fast corners. You won't get over steer or under steer going at a resonably fast speed. Now don't get me wrong i like skylines. But they don't compare to a Maclaren F1. A naturally aspirating Maclaren has a lot of HP. Can you imagine if you modded it like you would a skyline. I mean this thing is so tweak the engine bay is coated in gold for maximum insulation. The only other place that happens is in space craft.

8. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Yo this is the GOD of tuner cars, so please have some respect. And the McLaren is already a souped up BMW in disguise, so dont think it can be modified anymore. It is already at its limit.

9. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

your a dumbass... The topic is This Vs. McLaren F1

10. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

PAY ATTENTION

you went straight back to the argument above

no shit, the Mclaren would whoop this car... we agreed on that but a Mclaren F1 cost 880K base price...
    even the most juiced up skyline is still under 200k

the argument is over!!!
    these cars are virtually uncomparable

another thing, if people buy a Mclaren its not to juice it up, they just dropped almost a mill so they wouldnt have to modify it...
    the skyline is ment to be modified, thats why its 40k base and like i said earlier even tweeked as much as posible the skyline is under 200k and we're talking a car that could beat anything in that price range, and could probly give the F1 a hard time!!!

11. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

again, i agree with ilive.

if i bought a mclaren, i wouldnt give a shit about some souped up skyline giving me a hard time. i know already that my car is better, and therefore would not have to engage in immature impromptu street races. even though i still believe the mclaren would win, they are uncomparable

12. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

You guys are dumb for saying that a McLaren F1 would beat this, everbody knows that only because it has a V12 engine in it. Put a V6 in the McLaren and see what would win.

13. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

anthony...im sorry but that is probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. that has absolutely NO relevence to what we are discussing. dont try and start shit

14. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

ILIVE4R34

I know that this thread is lame. You can't compare the two cars. And the pricing is totally different. What i was getting at was that the Maclaren was designed to perfection and the skyline wasn't. Skyline is the god of modded cars, however the Maclaren has a design such that the centre of gravity is in the best position, the body shows elegance and achitecture........ All of this did not come to mind when the skyline was being designed. The Maclaren has much more finese than the Skyline. The Maclaren has a shit engine though. They should have stuck a W16 in there.

WHO THINKS MACLAREN WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH A W16 QUAD TURBO ENGINE AND BUGATTI's NEW 7 SPEED GEARBOX?

15. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

Alot of y'all need help. There is more to a car than the biggest engine and the largest amount of power/torque it can produce. A car can have a shitload of power but won't go anywhere due to the dynamics and weight of the car. True the McLaren and Skyline are not comparable, but if you were to compare them, the McLaren would beat the Skyline in a track no problem. The only way this specific Skyline would beat a McLaren is in a 1/4 mile drag race. The McLaren currently holds the fastest top speed for a production vehicle (until the bugatti comes out, I suppose,) so anything longer than a quarter mile, the McLaren would probably catch the Skyline and cut its ass.

But besides the point of the comparison, how can you say the skyline has crappy motor? The skyline has a motor that is perfectly suited for the type of car the skyline is. An inline 6 and turbo is the best combination for power to size ratio (that's why so many cars have that combination.) I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if your opinion is based on ignorance please review your opinion.

16. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

i agree,when u spend over £400,000 for a car u dnt worry a bout a japanese suped up car coz i think that the f1 would have this won on the track and on the straights,the skyline may accelerate to 60mph a 0.2 secs faster but the f1 has ammense acceleration all the way 2 240mph

17. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

the fastest acclerating car i have ever heard of is a 1001 bhp jun sport r33 skyline that does 0-200mph in just under 12.6 secs which is hard to believe but it is true its 0-60 time is 2.3 secs and i cant think of any tyres that can find enough grip but jun sport obviously did

18. It doesn't matter which supercar you look up the same question comes up would "this" beat a McLaren F1, everybody is always ready to compare everything with the McLaren and everyone has their own little "facts" about the McLaren, some people like to think it can do 0-60 in 1 second, and I personally cant say anything about it b/c i haven't had a chance to find accurate information about the car but as far as wgich would win, I say why's it matter? if you know that a Nissan skyline would beat a McLaren would you run out right now and buy it? Look both are nice cars and FAST and hey as long as I have something that will outrun my z34 lumina im happier.

Also i think this American vs. Import thing has to stop too, like i said i have a chevy lumina z34, and I love chevy's (hate fords though but i didnt say that to start anything) but lately i've been looking for something impoted just b/c they're more fun to customize. I like all cars (except fords) as long as they dont suck anyway thats my 2 cents if you disagree go ahead and let me know i can take it

19. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

janox is absolutely right.

stoneking, why dont u like fords? wat is it about that them that u dont like (not trying to incite).

20. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

ok before just posting anything that comes into your mind: 628Hp cars (McLaren), 850, 1000 or 1200Hp cars are NOT street legal anywhere in Japan.

21. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

relevence?

22. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

hmm..id reckon this would beat F1 in a 1/4 mile..
    the F1 would kick it on a track..
    and the F1 would kick it in top speed.

ovrall id take the F1.

23. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

This is a tough one on the drag strip it would be close if the driver of the Mclaren could control it off the line without to much wheel spin the Mclaren should win due to the power to weight ratio. Both Top Speed and around a track it would be no contest Mclaren F1 hands down. High power skylines are normally drag strip cars only the handling is sacrificed.

24. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

i would have replied alot sooner but i had to get a new name b/c i lost my password and cant get it for some reason, i guess the reason i hate fords is just b/c i was raised to like chevy's i know thats a dumb reason but thats part of the reason, also i think they are built poorly and plus i see way too many mustangs on the road and i mean when everyone has it whats the point theres nothing exotic about the car anymore, dont get me wrong i love old mustangs, from the 60's and some from the 70's but in the 80's they looked like Tempo's and nowadays i see way too many and in my opinion they lost there exocticness and also just so you see im not completely bias i feel exactly the same about the camaro. but this belongs in a different forum so maybe i could discuss this later

25. Re: THIS VS. MCLAREN F1......

To Shut everyone up!

The F1 GTR may pull 391km/h but its a competition model built to go straight to the race track. The F1, the street legal version pulls 362 km/h yet the VeilSide GTR, Quote:
    "Nissan 2.6 liter inline-6, a motor that urged the cheerfully street-capable Skyline to 60mph in three-flat, turned in a 10.18 quarter and topped out at 240 mph (over 384kmh), which is about one-third the speed of sound."
    This is all from ONLY a R32 GTR with RB26DETT engine, the orginal engine only 2.6L(compeared to a V12!) HAHA

The blitz GTR is to have reached 393.7km/h in testing, I think it was in Germany.
    Next is the 0 to 300km speed. The F1 does 23.4s HAHA CRAP! I have a vid where a street legal GTR does it in 13.72. GTRs such as the blitz and HKS can do 0 to 320km with-in 12 sesonds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can go into 0-60km and 0-100km times, Price, Hp (627 to about 800- 1200Hp for GTR) 1/4 mile times. Even Rotors that could beat the F1 in acceleration, Weight, The way the GTR excels its class plus all most all above it in every way but it would take days.... The results above speak for themselves.

Note: Dont knock the GTR's original Speed or HP out of the factory, you cant cos they are all limited because of Japan’s legal limit for factory-spec cars. And a second note, Think of the huge weight difference (over 500kgs, half of the F1, Thus GTR 50% heavier) and shape of the cars, ones a race car and can be a family car which one can afford relativily easily.

Threre GTR RULES OVER THE F1.............