Thunderbirds new brother?

Discussion in '2001 Ford 49 Concept' started by car guy 1286, Aug 9, 2002.

1. the brand new ford 49, it seems that ford is trying to bring back their old cars like the brand new t-bird, but the brand new 49 has the exact engine as the new t-bird v8 5.0 liter 350bhp. this car is truly something to look at it offers todays newest technology and alot of power.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

this car rocks everything!

4. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

actually the new t-bird has a 3.9l v8 (same as lincoln ls) and it doesnt put out 350 hp you to get your info straight for doesnt even produce the 5.0 anymore

5. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

Stangman... Ford does produce the 5.0 V-8 but it's for the Mustang and if u didn't know that, ur not worthy of ur name. And a Ford 49 wit a Mustang Cobra engine and AWD would be somethin' to line against a Caddy<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

YOU FUCKING RETARD THEY DISCONTINUED THE 5.0 2 YEARS AGO AND THEY HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE 4.6L 281 CI IN THE MUSTANG SINCE 1996 YOU F-U-C-K-I-N-G DUMB ASS DONT TELL ME IM NOT WORTHY OF MY NAME I KNOW ALMOST EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT MUSTANGS SO BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS

7. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

WHAT ARE LIKE TEN YEARS OLD EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE PUT THE 4.6 IN THE MUSTANGS. AND IT ALSO PRODUCES 260 HP WHICH IS MORE THAN THE 5.0 DID SO IT IS A BETTER ENGINE

8. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

uhhm did you know that the next Mustang is going to use the same basic plattform of the Lincoln LS/Ford T bird? and of course so will the 49...!

now... is the next gen Mustang going to be retro too?
    wonder what It will look like
    <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

ACtually, the Current mustang is decidedly retro influenced. Not as retro as the Tbird or 49 CC, but retro<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Thunderbirds new brother?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CityGangrel</i>
    <b>ACtually, the Current mustang is decidedly retro influenced. Not as retro as the Tbird or 49 CC, but retro</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah well
    I was talking about plattform, not the styling...

the next gen mustang / (and quite probably the next Mercury Cougar) will be based using a heavily modified LW98 plattform,. the one that's currently used for the Lincoln LS, Ford T bird... this new plattform has been dubbed the LW-lite, because it uses cheaper components yet still offers decent ride quality ...the new 'stang is set to debut in '04 with its Mercury sibling following 6-8 months later.<!-- Signature -->