TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ THIS!

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by rossWal, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

They're scared of me. They're scared of you. Just the way it should be.

2. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

when people post somethin' without proofs they better have not to post cuz the thread becomes in a war.so give me the name of the #$%#in website where ya have read that a diablo beats this vette

3. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Scared? LOL. Try too busy to worry about this shit. You've seen the websites, you know where they are. But as soon as any websites are posted the crying begins "this isn't valid...that isn't official". If you guys want to believe this thing is the fastest car in the world go ahead. You are all revealing your own ignorance, since in months no one has been capable of producing a record book where the Sledgehammer was at the top of the "top speed" list. There are faster cars out there, so what? Move on. You guys act like you're all on contract to defend this thing. Is Callaway paying you? Seriously, it's lost its importance with me but if you have proof (real proof not a Callaway website) post it. I have an open mind.

4. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

So maybe the Diablo isnt faster but theres still a car from 1938 that is

5. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Ignorance? You're defending a car claimed faster by only one unofficial website. We're basing our argument on an official website, numerous unofficial websites, and official results from the place it was tested. Can you understand our line of thinking now?

6. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Well look who's back....

I told you in this post, that you had not only Callaway's website, but the speed was recorded at the technical research center in Ohio (which is not owned by Callaway).

My friend, I won't deny that you are smart guy, however you are very very biased person. This I knew the moment you jumped at the Idea the Lambo was faster due to the fact you saw it on a message board, this to you was more then enough, yet if its the Sledgehammer I doubt if they took you to track and tested it you'd still deny it.

This isn't just with this car, you're bias can also be seen when I see you arguing about european cars compared to American cars. My god man you use websites that are like Ferrari homepages or personal homepages. But for you thats enough.

Let me ask you, and I really want to know, how is it that all you needed was a message board and some guy's personal webpage and this is proof enough for you? Would you accept that if I brought an American car and gave you that type of proof?

7. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Ok once and for all. The Diablo may be faster, it may not since like you said there is no official proof. But that doesn't make this car the fastest either. You're right, a message board (which wasn't the only thing posted) wouldn't be enough to convince me that car x is faster than car y in either case. But it does create the doubt. If someone could have provided me with an official #1 Sledgehammer position in say...the Guinness Book I would openly accept that as proof. But no one has. A Callaway website and a Callaway video and the number to some test track doesn't qualify in my mind as official proof. If it was The Guinness Book would acknowledge it too, don't you think? I'm not saying the Diablo VTTT is faster, I'm saying it may be faster. Regardless of what one is faster, the difference that was posted is in the tenths of a mile per hour or something so what are we really arguing about? For the same money or less I’m certain the Diablo VTTT or Gemballa Roadster would be a better buy considering newer technology and sex appeal and the possibility that it is in fact faster. Besides you can’t buy the Sledgehammer anyway since Chev/Callaway never bothered to produce it.

8. #58 Nayuki Minase, Sep 23, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  9. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Ok then how about this, with the proofs we have shown you would you agree that the Sledgehammer achieved 254.74 mph?

10. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Maybe it did but I won't be 100% convinced until it is recognized by something like the Guinness Book or some kind of International Automotive Authority. But even if it did, it was never produced. At best we’re all looking at a fast prototype.

11. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Ok first off what is wrong with the Technical Research Center in Ohio?

Its just like getting test results from the University of Toronto in something like cancer research.

In both cases they are places where research is conducted, they have no reason falsify information. This is why the brought it to the Technical Research Center, because they wanted an official test done, and where the numbers could be verified, IT IS NOT OWNED BY CALLAWAY. Do you have an understanding what the Technical Research Center is?

Now you want to see it in the Guinness Book? Well it would be there unfortunately they don't have a spot for the highest top speed for a street legal car.

And as for you're last statement, this car was announced to production in an order then build policy. Just like Rolls Royce and few other car companies, in other words they would not build another one until one was ordered, but no orders ever came. This was the same case with the Mosler 900TT, which was rumored to be able to produce performance figures better then the Mclaren, but no orders.

One last thing, there were only two pieces of evidence about the VTTT, the message board and that lambo personal web page. However you can read yourself you jumped to the idea that, "Yes the VTTT is the fastest street legal car", you have written now that you're not 100 percent sure but at that time you were.

12. #62 Nayuki Minase, Sep 23, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  13. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

ITS NOTHING MORE THEN ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD!
    ITS NOTHING MORE THEN ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD!

What you're showing right there was what was shown right when this whole thing started.

So unless ummm this Ryan guy is some kind of Car god, and his word goes, that post is just as good as some nut who gets on one of these Forums and declares "All Japanese cars can't race".

14. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

What’s wrong with the Technical Institute in Ohio is that it was the only place where this thing was tested. Any other car is tested repeatedly all over the world. If we relied solely on the Fioriano track for Ferrari or Nurburgring for Porsche we’d rarely get an accurate result out of them as well. Contrary to your comparison of U of T if something is found there (cancer results or otherwise) I can assure you it is tested over and over again everywhere. And the Guinness Book does have a spot for it. The Mclaren currently holds the top spot. As for why this was never produced…it is a matter of opinion. There are people out there ordering Enzos and driving Mclarens that cost a hell of a lot more than $400,000. Really, I find it hard to believe that no one was interested. Vince Mcmahon is a known Corvette collector. I’m sure he could have afforded one. Among others. By the way, this was only ever driven by those that produced it and a race car driver. It is still quite possible that the common driver couldn’t handle it. Or that it destroyed itself during the test in its attempt to break a record and revealed its instability and as a result wasn’t produced. There are plenty of possible scenarios. The most far fetched is that no one wanted it.

15. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Callaway tests all its cars there, and espically at this time they couldn't afford going all over the world to test the car. By the way it was tested more then once.

About you're Mclaren arguement, it states that it is the fastest street legal car, in other words fastest over all, NOT FASTEST TOP SPEED.

There are many Corvette collectors, however they tend to collect corvettes made by Chevy, do you think Mcmahon collects the current Callaway Corvettes?

Once again there are a lot of collectors, and espically if these guys are in to Vettes, why didn't they go out and buy the Mosler 900TT, which once again I told you, was rumored to be able to out perform the Mclaren?

If it destroyed itself during the test, then they would not have been able to drive it back to Callaway.

The most far fetched theory, is that this is all a big conspircy.

If anything you say right now is true, then you should be able to find articles about people who tried to purchase one but were refused. Because you could not make a statement like what Callaway said at this time about selling another car like this, and then just ignore potential buyers. These types of buyers you would not be able to screw with, if they said they wanted it and you said you didn't want to make it, there would of been a law suit about false advertisment. But then again if you're so convinced it had plenty of potential buyers you shouldn't have a problem finding out who tried to buy one.

16. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Facts about the MT900 to out perform the Mclaren?

I think a stock mercie or Diablo 6.0 would be close....

17. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Please listen carefully.......

I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THE MT900.
    I'm talking about the MT900 TT, this was the one with the twin turbo engine. According to mathematic specs, that car had the ability to out perform the Mclaren. However since no orders came for it, Mosler never built it.

Now for the next part, you think they would be close to what?

18. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

MT900 TT, you said it'll out perform the Mclaren, but as you said, it is just a rumor, they are not raced. It's because I don't know much about the MT900's performance, but in races, I don't see it win often...

I'm talking about Murcies and Diablo 6.0 might be close the Mclaren F1 road car... close, but not as close as Mclaren vs CLK GTR anyways...

19. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

First of all, thank you Vette1 for directing me to this thread...

Ok, I've read through this entire thread now. I don't doubt at all that the Sledgehammer has the claimed topspeed. It was most certainly tested thoroughly

Why aren't any of these cars in Guinness? They are not production cars. Guinness doesn't have a section for prototypes/aftermarket cars.

That said, I do believe the VTTT or Gemballa Diablo have a topspeed equal or higher than the Sledgehammer. That is my believe only, based upon other known specs of Diablos. The Coatl does 385kph and has "only" 635 HP. With this in mind, it's obvious that a Diablo with almost 120 HP more, will go faster than 357kph (as stated on the VTTT page here). It MUST be faster. As fast as 410kph? I think so. The VTTT/Gemballa also has a lot more torque than the Coatl.

20. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

i dont belive this shit

21. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

no website that proves that the diablo vttt is faster than the sledge exists so stop it and choke on.

22. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

Your obviousness continues to amaze me. Why don't you just quote half the stuff Vette1 and I have been saying in this thread?

23. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

i have nothing t oprove ya 18 years old teenager. when no website exists it is not a #$%#in reason to make a mess and say that this corvette is slower than this whicked diablo.

24. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

But is there a website that proves Diablo VTTT is slower than this vette in a direct comparasion?

25. Re: TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO SAY Diablo VTTT IS FASTER READ TH

What's you're point?

(BTW is this Chi, cause you sound a lot like Chi)