Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Bring

Discussion in '1998 Mazda Pettit Racing RX-7 Banzai' started by smakdown001, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

does everbody have to compare cars to lambos? there are faster cars out there. but not many.

2. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

240mph my ass, dont b ridiculous, its only got 550hp

if a stock 280hp RX7 can do 170, then if u times the power by 2, u times the top speed by the cubed root of 2

that means a 560hp rx7 will do 214mph...*IF* the stock RX7 can do 170 with its speed limiter removed (which it probably cant)

3. but...

But the stock car has 2 rotors, this has 3, it makes a difference. And heres somthing to consider, I dont think this car is ported yet. Imagine it with a peripheral port job, if you even know what that is.

4. Re: but...

ok fine...its still 214 mph, 560 bhp, and a 1/4 mile of 11.4 - OFF A 2 LITER ENGINE!!!!

5. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

retard, i just calculated it and yes, its top speed is 240 mph

6. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

Power isn't everything, a 600hp block of steel is not going to achieve 240mph. This asian beauty would on the other hand being that it is light and aerodynamic, I think it has a great chance of making 240mph theoretically.

7. #8 Thor Lancelot, Feb 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

I don't know to much of mechanics but I think that with 550 hp
    this car can go 240mph or more because if you change the ratios of the transmition and do a weight reduction and change the rims normal to bigger ones, also depend on the boost of the turbo, the aerodinamics and the racing chip to adjust the mixture of the air/gas.
    http://www.geocities.com/danyrx7/1

8. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

To answer any doubts indeed the top speed is 240 because of the amazing setup of the 3-Rotor 20b. Now if you nitce the car weighs 1200kgs with a power of 550bhp that is a little more than 2.2 kg/bhp close to and beating many super cars. Not to mention comare the bodies between stock Rx-7 and this baby and notice that this one is even more stuck to the ground than the original. Also Rx-7 is know for stability under high speed. In my experience this was true anyways.

9. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

don't talk crap mate! it would even be 200mph. Still a good car though

10. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

LOve ur avatar its a Tommy Kaira??? I agree that 240 is far featched. I mean Rex is great and all but the aerodynamics arent so advanced to take those speeds I mean thats Bugatti and Ruf territory! +1 to you

11. Re: Top speed is estimated at 240 Mph! (pettitracing.com) Br

As an owner of a single turbo FDRx7 with over 460rwhp I would like to point out a few things. The scoot FDrx7 did over 215mph on a public road in New Zealand and it was only a two rotor car but about the same HP. Also racing beats rx7 did 242 on the salt flats. So in saying this the pettitracing car could very well do it. If it had enough room.

12. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE 240MPH IS WRITTEN OR WHERE THAT NUMBER EVEN CAME ABOUT????