Trackday experience which car should I choose?

Discussion in 'Car Comparisons' started by KevinDS, Dec 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I'm choosing between a late stage Lamborghini Gallardo with 560 horsepower and a brand new Ferrari 488. The Ferarri is slightly quicker but I think the sound of that V10 in the 'older' Gallardo would be the better experience.

What do you think?

2. You're going to love it either way. But the Ferrari is a more involving track car.
    Depends on your taste. I absolutely love the point and shoot of awd cars if I were looking to buy. But for just a single track day. There is much that beats a high powered well balanced mid engine rwd car.

3. all depends what you want it for. if you also want to drive it on the road the gallardo is far more livable day to day.

4. Gallardo. Less prone to catching fire.

5. No way am I looking to buy one or drive it on the road, I don't live in an area with beautiful roads so it would be quite literally just to show off.

I drive a mundane fwd hatchback and have no experience with rwd, do you think the Gallardo would be the safer option? The track does have a lot of runoff so I suppose it wouldn't cause too much harm if I spun out or lost control.