Trucks are not as fast as cars

Discussion in '1952 Porsche-Glöckler 356 Roadster' started by z28infront, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

are you serious! of course they are not as fast because most trucks weigh over 2 tons so it requires a little more power and bigger engines btu that just adds weight so you are just stupid for saying an understood fact.

2. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

I would like both of y'all to race your cars against a GMC Syclone and see who won

3. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

If trucks aren't as fast as cars, then why does the lightning beat the camaro SS? AWD on the lighning would beat the Syclone in a second.

4. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

this has been the one and only truck that can post great times in the 1/4 mile drag...stock..so get your facts straight then come back and try again

5. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

alright lemme lay out some facts, sure this truck can beat out some Z28's and so one, but why do these trucks need speed? trucks aren't for racing.....they are offroad, plus they weigh alot, it's true that truck are faster than some cars but obviously not all

6. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

no offense to you truck owners, it's a nice truck and reasonably fast and from what i hear it is dependable, but if i were going to race i would rather have a car, but then again, how many people do that?

7. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

I love the lightning! Puts the riice to shame when they get stomped by a truck.

American cars should band together to slay the R#i%c@e.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

#1This truck is not faster than 98+Fbody
    #2 The 01+ are faster than the syclone
    #3Any 98+ and most 94+ F-body's are faster than the syclone.

9. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

maybe some people get sick of seeing the same damn thing on the road time after time... theres nothing wrong with a little originality especially when it turns out a machine like this. the third reich is over hitler... people can do things like this. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

I own a lightning and its faster than just about any car on the street, import or otherwise stock. Why would anyone want a fast truck you ask. Well picture this, you see a vette or camaro flyin doin about a buck 20. nothing out of the usual. but you see a truck flyin at the same speed its a bit more impressive. the truck handles just about as good as the z 06. ive driven one and the torque is twice that of what any stock vette or mustang could ever produce from the factory. now before you idiots open up your mouths on the subject, drive one. its amazing how many ignorant people there still are on this planet.

11. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

Im with the guy who says Kia's are bad. Didn;t you know that Kia is Korean for shit.

12. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

the new dodge is goin to be faster..... but these are just trucks you can't expect them to run like cars<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

i have a friend with a syclone and we race all the time....on the street and track.. his fastest 1/4 mile time is 14.13 at 93 and mine is 13.8 at 100 with my 2000 lightning. He does have a faster 0 to 60 but after that i catch right up. get ur facts straight

14. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

"trucks are fo off roading blah blah blah". no they are not just used for that. cyclones are fast. with a couple quik mods (better tires, racing chip, and take off the spare tire to decrease weight) the lighting could beat a cyclone

15. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

the nly dodge ram that ive seen with a v10 is the new 2500 or 3500. and it is a 310 hp 8 liter and i have yet to see a "sr10" tell me where i could find one. (picture ect...)

16. #17 fordgt90concept, Dec 15, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  17. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

stang corrected. it beat a lighting as is but when i get a turbo, racing chip and the new mach1 hood scoop, the lighting would kill it along with the cyclone.

18. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

but c'mon...503 cubic inch engine...

19. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

Whats wrong with a 500cube engine? Just more of it their to get more performance out of. Trucks aren't just used for off road, hell no. You see them on the lowrider scene and the racing scene, there are also some damn fast drag trucks out there as well. Whoever said that trucks are only for off road use is clearly ignorant, just because they have 4WD (most of them) and a tray makes them usable only on off road?

20. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

But the official 1/4 time on a syclone is 13.5 at 99mph, so his obviously isnt running straight or he keeps gettin bad starts or something.
    Lets face it guys, until anyone can prove different, i.e. genuine stock figures for 1/4miles or 0-60, the Syclone is the worlds fastest production pickup. The F150 is fast, but officially it does the 1/4 in 14.0.

21. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

the syclone has better 0-60 but the 0-100 times are about the same

22. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

What do you mean trucks arent for racing? You ever hear of a little something called the Holden Commodore? Well look, the UTE is a truck built off of the commodore, and look, the Commodores race. Plus look what you can do with trucks. You cant soup up a car half as much as trucks nowadays.

23. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

Look at NASCAR...GASP...are some of those trucks going over 150 MPH!?! Semis can go over 250 with rockets. Someday we might be racing freight trains with their cargo attached. Who knows. You must be open minded my grasshopper.

24. Re: Trucks are not as fast as cars

My 2001 ROUSH F-150 can beat this trash and any honda camaro or mustang that u try to throw at it. 5oo hp plus