v16 and 540 hp?

Discussion in '1995 Cizeta-Moroder V16T' started by carguy303, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Will someone tell me why it has such a low output? is it hwo many valvves are there or somthing else? Neway a saleen s7 has a v8 and has 550 hp so tell me whats goign on.

2. Re: v16 and 540 hp?

BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE TOP SPEED ON THIS AND THE SALEEN? YOUR SALEEN ONLY GOES 200MPH AND IT HAS 550! THIS ON THE OTHER HAND HAS 540 AND CAN HIT 204!

3. A car's power output has less to do with the number of cylinders it has and more to do with displacement. The Saleen S7 has a 7.0L engine, and this is a 6.0L. Not to mention that the Saleen engine is ahead of this engine by almost a decade.

4. 540hp from a V-16 doesn't sound like much when there's now a V-16 that has DOUBLE that. Wow. But TheCarGods is right, the displacement is rather low, and with the advances in engine electronics and materials, a V8 can beat that figure. Still 540 horses is hardly hanging around today and was next to crazy in the 80s and early 90s.

5. This car was actually hand built about 1-mile from the lamborghini factory, there where no "cobbled together -off the shelf parts" used in this car. Every part in this car was manufactured in house under the copy writed Cizeta name plate. This interior was manufactured in Italy using the finest Italian leathers and its actually quite nice. The Engine on this car is actually one very nice casting....not two flat-plane V8's grafted together. The saleen S7 might claim 550HP.. but thats not reliable power...that old school pushrod Ford V8 will let go anywhere near 550, that motor is very high strung....it won't live under lots of load. The V16 in the Cizeta is actually down-tuned, it produces reliable a 600hp....NO problem!! I actually drove one this week, I highly recommend it....If you want to buy one, there are actually 4 unsold cars left and a new body style will be coming very soon

6. There really is no definitive characteristic of a car that will tell you its power. Cylinders, displacement, overhead cams, valves per cylinder, redline, turbos, and that kind of stuff can give you an estimate but nothing solid. So basically, this car is not underpowered for this many cylinders.