V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

Discussion in '2001 Jaguar XKR-R Concept' started by IvanKaramazov, Aug 9, 2002.

1. promised performance from jag, but I just can't convince myself it's a good-looking cat... especially the front end...

2. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

I'm glad your critizism is about asthetics. Looks like a solid car to me, but I'm a fan of jag styling.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

i dunno man...i LOVE tha styling of this car. performance is excellent. i couldnt ask 4 more. i really think this will be a hit. i already like tha XKR anywayz but this gives me 30 horses and a 6 speed stick. they no longer compare

4. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

well i just have to say i think this should look like the jag xk8-100<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

finally a manuel box. i like it. the back could be better but i like it.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

I don't know about that aesthetics post- the xk8 and xkr hardtops are truly beautiful cars. Very sleek, elegant

7. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

"just can't convince myself it's a good-looking cat... especially the front end"

What? The XK-type is one of the best looking cars ever IMHO, it just, looks like a cat. And yes, it is good to see a manual gerbox on this Kitty

8. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

Qoute- "just can't convince myself it's a good-looking cat... especially the front end"

sure, the front may be a little awkward but to cure that just get some nice original oval headlights off the E-type. all in all its great to see that at least one company knows how a car should look- curvacious like a bullet instead of blocky and very unfast lookin (cadillac as an extreme example).

9. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

ide take this over a corvette...very sexy

10. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

Putka mayna, tva moje da go kaje samo chovek deto ne go e vijdal na jivo. Ti ne si v chas izobshto.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kondyo</i>
    <b>Putka mayna, tva moje da go kaje samo chovek deto ne go e vijdal na jivo. Ti ne si v chas izobshto.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Welcome to our planet stranger. I am the leader of the creatures known as "humans". I cannot understand your alien tounge but can only gues that you have been watching us and have decided after producing this car, we are fit to be welcomed into the league of worlds...

SEXY!! I still feel that it's kind of an Aston rip-off, but with 400hp, finally a manual, and a body like that I just wouldn't feel right about nit-picking. ??- Did they have an SVO department before Ford, or did some really unimaginative executive make that up -??

12. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

u say that they r poor in style . go hang your self. jaguar has a cool touch in the desighn of the car. I dont think that they will make it like ford GT90 or mclaren F1 . (wake up) if you like or not this is the jaguars style and its cool .

13. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

I like it, too bad they're never going to take it into production.

14. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

I can't stand cats. I could live with this one though.
    I have always liked the look of the XK Jags (even if they are a little efeminite) but this one is even better - and fianlly a propper box!!! Manual is the only way to go if you are a driver.
    Still, doesn't look as nice as the sex-on-wheels XK180 concept.
    Speaking of which, that car (and nice other ones too) is on a video done by the BBC - Fast and the Furious 2. It is done by their show Top Gear in the UK - it is an awesome vid.

15. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

Co sy Polak? Alebo odkyal si?<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: V8 is excellent, but still poor in style

Gempto "Manual is the only way to go if you are a driver."

I'm not so sure that is always true. I used to think so. The main reason is this. Bentley cars are known as a driver enthusiasts car. They are perfomance sedans. Arguably the best performance sedans on earth! 90% of Bentleys are automatic cars. Yet they have the best customer satisfaction ever!

That is partly why I no longer believe you have to have manual to be a true enthusiast.

<!-- Signature -->