Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

Discussion in '2000 Dodge TNT King Snake Viper' started by Scooby and TVR man, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

we didnt say it was a lambo designed engine they only helped out with it.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

i think he's right i read a book all about the history of the viper and the stages the engine went threw from bein an iron block 8L V10 to the alluminum block 450 hp GEN II engine that went into production in '96 and it said nothing about lambo helping out it was all guys working for chrysler.

3. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

From my understanding, both the GenI and the GenII engines (post-'96ish) have always been aluminum-blocked. Chrysler called on Lamborghini (which it owned at the time) to produce 5 running prototypes, based on the iron V10 prototype they gave them. Each was supposed to have great power and was supposed to have lived up to Dodge's expectations for durability. Well, they did pretty well on the power part, but seemed to have ignored the durability requirement altogether. The Viper team only received one engine back from Lambo, and it was basically in pieces anyway. From there, the two teams split up, and Dodge was left to (nearly) totally re-engineer the V10 all over again, to make it last.

4. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

Very well said, brought up excellent points and facts.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

I didnt mean gen I blocks were iron cuz all production viper engines ware alu... since '92 what i meant was the book covered the history of the viper and the engine since '88 and when it was an iron block "truck" V10 all the way to then '96 Gen II engine. And y bring up lambo the engine that they built and all the research/engineering that they did had absolutely no impact on any production viper with or without the work done by lambo the viper would still b the car that it is today. So y bring up lambo?? or call the viper foreign when the production vipers have had absolutely no influence from the engineering done by lambo in fact the Gen I is pretty much an exact copy of the '88 iron block V10 but made with different materials and sligltly modified heads and intake even the power output #'s are almost identical and same with the power curve. Every production viper and every viper ever made is all american and has had no influence from lambo that had significantly affected the design of the car. What next the viper is Japanese cuz Mitsubishi is owned by Chrysler ?? or may b its Japanese cuz 1 of the exterior stylists (Osamu Shikado-Automibile Mag.. June '02) on the '03 SRT-10 is Japanese although he is an american citizen. The Viper is american because its built in the US and its built by an american auto company.

6. Whats this shit about lambo and ferrari doin the engine ??? 2 valves a cyl and 2 cams per cyl aint their style and same with big disp.
    the truth is the 8L V10 was origanally an iron block V10 built for a heavy duty pick up in 1988. The viper concept car was built in 1989 and soon after that chrylser built a cast alluminum block version of the 8L V10 and stuck it in the production vipers.

Lamo and ferrari had nothing to do with it and they had nothing to do with the TNT king snake the guys that built this car used to work for hennessey now they started TNT motorsports.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

sorry i posted 2 times comp is bein #$%#ed today:(<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from venom757</i>
    <b>I didnt mean gen I blocks were iron cuz all production viper engines ware alu... since '92 what i meant was the book covered the history of the viper and the engine since '88 and when it was an iron block "truck" V10 all the way to then '96 Gen II engine. And y bring up lambo the engine that they built and all the research/engineering that they did had absolutely no impact on any production viper with or without the work done by lambo the viper would still b the car that it is today. So y bring up lambo?? or call the viper foreign when the production vipers have had absolutely no influence from the engineering done by lambo in fact the Gen I is pretty much an exact copy of the '88 iron block V10 but made with different materials and sligltly modified heads and intake even the power output #'s are almost identical and same with the power curve. Every production viper and every viper ever made is all american and has had no influence from lambo that had significantly affected the design of the car. What next the viper is Japanese cuz Mitsubishi is owned by Chrysler ?? or may b its Japanese cuz 1 of the exterior stylists (Osamu Shikado-Automibile Mag.. June '02) on the '03 SRT-10 is Japanese although he is an american citizen. The Viper is american because its built in the US and its built by an american auto company.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->is that a joke or is it the truth?

9. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

Its the truth. Why do u think its a jk?

10. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

VIPERS SUCK

11. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

VIPERS SUCK

12. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

yo son this car sucks yo. I have a supra with 6000hp and i also have a nissan skyline with 9999hp and it will dust this thing yo.The only car i used to like that was american is the escalade yo all u white boys in ur gay ass whity muscle shiits damn you its gay son.Well off the topic i went to get the escalade and they said one it only comes with 17 inch wheels i thought i came with 28 inch wheels and it only has 145hp son. So now i thinks that shiit is gay son. Euro cars r aight though its pimp to have one of those s something i forgot som like its the mercedes st100 or somein. well the fast and furious was off the hook son i have almost all those cars except 4 that american shit at the end the ferrari dusted tha and the american thing blew up and fliped over son i was like o snaps car r ill yo but american cars r wack yo. So all you white boys out ther son with ur whack ass cars watch out because i will dust u son.

13. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

please, please, nobody waste any time on this quote, don't even respond to it, thats what he wants

14. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

Hahahahaha that was quite funny though.

15. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

go away and buy a brain yourself!!!!! narrow minded son of *****!

16. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

What are you thinking even replying to that?

17. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

Your name says it all. Viper is one of the best cars on the road.

18. Re: Viper is all American ** READ THIS**

Yeah, America's tradeamrk is tons of cubes!