want a real car, buy a Torino

Discussion in '1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird 440' started by Torino_Fan, Aug 10, 2002.

1. First of all, Petty did not dominate in his (beautiful/amazing) superbird when the 1969 Ford Torino Talladega came along. That car(The talladega) pushed 202mph. on the NASCAR circuits. And fer n e one who wants to open their fat flaps and undermind the Torino, just to let u know, I own a 1976 Ford Gran Torino with a 351c.i. Clevland Boss under the hood, and it's pushing 412hp. so just bring it.

2. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

First of all, that was 1969. The Superbird didn't come until 1970, dumbass!!! Hence, 1969 Ford Talledaga and 1970 Plymouth Superbird.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

Do you know nothing about stock car racing??? The Superbird came onto the scene and whipped the Torino Talladega's butt. The "Bird" was banned after a few years by NASCAR because it dominated everything so much, including your pansy little Torino.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Torino_Fan</i>
    <b>First of all, Petty did not dominate in his (beautiful/amazing) superbird when the 1969 Ford Torino Talladega came along. That car(The talladega) pushed 202mph. on the NASCAR circuits. And fer n e one who wants to open their fat flaps and undermind the Torino, just to let u know, I own a 1976 Ford Gran Torino with a 351c.i. Clevland Boss under the hood, and it's pushing 412hp. so just bring it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

There you go again, bragging about your stupid Fords. At least this post didn't have as much swearing as your last one (in the 1970 Hemi Cuda Forum, for anyone who wants to have a look and see what a jerk this guy is) but eventually need to accept that Hemi Cudas are better. End of story.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

You think a gran torino is better than the legendary superbird!!!!??? Are you stupid? Just cos Starsky and Hutch drove a Gran Torino dont mean theyre beter than everythink else! I bet u drive wearing a cardigan aswell dont u??

6. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

turinos suck ass

7. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

sell torino, buy a car.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

OK. I'll go get a torino so I can blow all my money an have to fix the trash every time i turn it off!! or I could allways get a MOPAR and drive around looking for rustangs and any other ford to eat!!!!
    MOPAR 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!

9. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

hey, at least its notta honda!<!-- Signature -->

10. The wing?

Hey larry remember you said you didn't like the shape of lamborghinis,well I don't think this car has much shape either.Even though the car is a hemi I'll give you that,I would still cut down that wing about 30 to 40 feet down!I'am just wondering if you can still see behind you when going in reverse.It's still a hella of a lot better than a ford or civic si.LATER.LAMBORGHINIS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Torino_Fan</i>
    <b>First of all, Petty did not dominate in his (beautiful/amazing) superbird when the 1969 Ford Torino Talladega came along. That car(The talladega) pushed 202mph. on the NASCAR circuits. And fer n e one who wants to open their fat flaps and undermind the Torino, just to let u know, I own a 1976 Ford Gran Torino with a 351c.i. Clevland Boss under the hood, and it's pushing 412hp. so just bring it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> do you have a pic of that sweet ass car<!-- Signature -->

12. info on yer NASCAR knowledge

In 1970 Ford Tried out a new body style on the NASCAR cirsuits(the Torino Cobra) but the times and performance could not meet nor beat the new Superbirds...so it couldnt touch the Talladega...so they continued with the 1969 design instead...and another bit of info for you Superbird fans...you wanna know the only reason for that big goofy wing? It was raised so that the trunk could open, but later proved to be aerodynamic as well...and about Starsky and Hutch...that Torino had a 460 Police Interceptor under the hood....it was a beast...i got nothing against Plymouth...but the Talladega still kicked ass....

PS No i dont have n e pics of my torino yet...but i will...add me on yer msn....memphis_44@hotmail.com

13. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

the torino wouldn't beat this ply because of its hemi engine or it 440<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: want a real car, buy a Torino

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler</i>
    <b>the torino wouldn't beat this ply because of its hemi engine or it 440</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the 440 and the 426 have won a lot of drag championships as well as nascar races.