We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by F U C K, Dec 15, 2002.

1. They do look kinda nice, but lets face it, they're too common to be called a supercar in my book. It seems like 1 car in 20 on the road is a Ford Mustang of some kind. They all look the same and don't have a huge ammount of power (although 300+ is respectable). I wouldn't buy one for a lot of reasons but one is because of it's level of being an exclusive car. I like rare cars and Mustangs are anything but. It's true that they sell really well but they'll always be "pony cars" and not true "sports cars" (like Porsches) or, especially, "supercars" (like Ferraris).

2. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

the SVT is a supercar, and is exclusive, good luck finding one at a dealership, unless you're in the ghetto where they can't afford to buy them. sure, it's not exclusive like 2 year waiting list, but who wants to wait that long, just to get a weekend driver that cops look at like a duncan donuts shop? i'd take the SVT because it's fast, handles well, and, if it's black, i could probably get away with doing 15 over the speed limit past a cop.

3. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

The Mustang isnt a supercar, thats the point jackass.

4. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

As far as AMerican Cars go what is a supercar then?

The reason Ford has been successful is because they have sold V6 Mustangs to Women. Is the V6 Mustang exclusive? NO but if you want exclusive you go SVT and buy the Cobra.

The 03 Cobra with a few mods can beat a Dodge Viper. as well as, any vette and all the SS transam etc etc IM not talking out my ass from articles and reading on the net. I have seen it at the track!

In my opinion, that makes the Ford Mustang an awesome car! supercar what ever you want to call it.

I see many porches and even Vipers on the roads here in NJ. I guess exclusive would be a porche turbo dont see them but onoy cause most people dont want to or cant afford a 200,000 car. or if they buy it they wont take it out on the road!

5. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Oh for crying out loud. Rustangs beat a Viper my ass. If you want to mod the rustang than you have to mod the Viper, only fair. Only way for Ford to get any power is to Supercharge thier cars. And the SS's losing to the rustangs is a false. Your eyes have decieved you. The tool rustang owner had SOME mods on his car for it to beat the Chevy. Its been tested that the cobras have hard time keeping up with the SS's even with the Z's.

6. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

The 2003 cobra will eat Camaro's for breakfast and shit them out later. I like the SS, but it's no compatition for the svt cobra.
    The only tool I see here is you kid.

7. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

As a stock car my money is on the Cobra over the Camaro SS. The reason why is this:
    Cobra: weight 3664 lbs. Hp 390 @ 6000 Torque 390 @ 3500 rpm
    SS: weight 3554 lbs. Hp 325 @ 5200 rpm Torque 340 @ 4000 rpm
    The Camaro would give the Cobra a run for its money though. American HP don't be so close minded, you know the Camaro would be competition for the Stang. Its obvious you only speak so highly of the Cobra because it is your favorite car. Well I like Supras ALOT but I don't go around saying, oh dude Mustangs don't even have a Chance against Supras. I accept the fact that mustangs are fast and would be hella hard to beat.

8. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Yeah I wasn't saying all that just because I like Mustangs and to be dumbass like American HP. I like Camaro's way better, though the Trans-Am is more my style. Those 2 cars are fraternal twins so Im cool with both. Oh and my stats were the stats listed on this site for the 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra and the 2002 Camaro SS 30th Anniversary Convertible.

9. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

I've driven one of these Cobra's and they are very fast cars(the supercharger is pretty loud), for the money its a good buy.

10. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

I'm only telling it like it is. I like the camaro, I love the mustang, and I love the WS6.
    It's just that the camaro ss has a best time ever stock of 12.9, while so far the cobra has a best time of 12.4, BIG difference.

11. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Well its really not that big of a difference, but which would you rather have. The Cobra or the Camaro SS. Don't judge it by which one has a faster 1/4 mile.

12. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

How about the new Viper.......or a Saleen S7? Would you consider a Panoz Esperante to be a supercar?

13. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

I saw the new Mach 1 and 2003 SVT cobra At a dealership lastnight they had 8 Cobra's and 5 mach's.I was shocked to see all were AT's the Cobras price ran at 40,362.00 I can't remember the mach's price was but both looked very sharp.

14. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Cobra's don't come in autos...

15. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

No problem...

They have a number out here that have been sitting at the dealership for four months......and it's one of the most affluent areas of the country....

16. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

I may be wrong but it looked liked an AT.

17. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Could'nt be, they don't come in auto, never have.
    Question, was it used, because some people have put in autos themselves in the new cobras (mostly for drag racing)...?

18. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Sure....somebody is going to sell a car after only driving it a few months (and apparently tuning it for drag racing).

Why would they do that?

Wasn't as good as they hoped?

19. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Did I say it was a used one with an auto in it...NO. Did I say it was a possiblitly, YES. Learn how to read jackass. People trade in new cars all the time...I guess the newer 911 I saw for sale was probably shitty also and somebody traded it in because they didn't like it...moron, end it all now...

20. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Well let me see.

You said they have never come in auto.

The only suggestion you offered was that it was used, and someone put an auto in it.....

Seems pretty cut and dry. That k-6 degree just isn't cutting it Jr. Better go back to school.

21. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Wow...your intelligence is really low isn't it...? Can you even read?
    Did I see one used with an auto in it...no. Did he see one with an auto in it...maybe. But we don't know. It could have been a GT with a cobra bumper, it could have been a v-6 with a cobra bumper, we don't know. So I gave a suggestion to what COULD have happened. Do you see what I'm saying now...? I highly doubt it. For somebody who thinks of themselves in such a high and mighty mannor you sure don't have the brains to back it up moron. I'm starting to see why you haven't ended it all yet now though...you aren't even smart enough to load the gun to do the job...sad.

22. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

LOL, but somehow managed to score a perfect 300 on my rifle qualification with a shoddy M16A1.

Your right, I am proud of who I am....Educated, Self sustained, stable, independantly wealthy. I stopped relying on my parents for hand-outs when I was 17, unlike a number of these shiftless layabouts living at home until they`re 23. You see....I contribute to this society...not drain off it.

Brains? Well seeing as I have an Engineering degree from one of the best Engineering Institutions in the country (and one of the hardest to get into), I have something.... And considering in less than a year and a half, I`ll have a Master`s in physics, it seems I have something more.

What do you have? A penchant for calling others Homosexuals and asking them to put themselves down because you are dissatisfied with your own life........

Who`s sad?.....

23. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Well with all due respect...you should be more exact on your stats on the Cobra Mustang...try 400 Plus horsepower. I know I'm about to get bashed by everyone in this room but take a 2003 Cobra Mustang to a Dyno. Ford underrated the 2003 Cobra's. instead of 390 horse...try 425. I don't BS you either. And about your comment about rare cars...how many Mustang GT's do you see in a day, I'll admit i see alot. One time i saw 4 Mustang Gt Convertibles with Black Bullet rims (I love bullet rims!) go by my house in 5 minutes. So yes GT's are not exactly rare. I love em' but there "Overplayed" so to speak. Now ask yourself how many 2003 SVT Mustang Cobra's you see in a day...well I've seen about 6 on the road since they've been produced till now (7/12/03) and they will take a vette and they are some what rare.

24. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

U saw 6 03 cobras on the road!? ive seen 3 maybe in the past 2 years.
    i dont even see that many when i pass 2 SVT dealers to and from work every day

25. Re: We all see Mustangs everywhere we go.....

Ive only seen 5 mustangs on the road in the past 6 months...ohh wait thats because im in Japan.n/m hehehehe anyways Mustangs are pretty common but so are civics. shit people just let people drive what they drive I dont have a GT to impress other guys just for the sheer enjoyment for myself. To each his own as they say.

*LOL, but somehow managed to score a perfect 300 on my rifle qualification with a shoddy M16A1.*
    An A1!?!? where the hell do they still shoot A1s? must be a gay Navy thing.......j/k