WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1969 Ford Mustang BOSS 429' started by USRACING, Aug 9, 2002.

1. C'mon sc.net

Why don't you put a Chevelle on this site?????

It's the best muscle car ever made!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

yea, where are the #$%#in chevelles!!! Lets get some '66 SS 396's, and a '70 SS 454 LS6!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

We don't need chevelles ! YOU need chevelles ! (just kidding !)

Leave the chevelles away from this website.

Since the kids don't know chevelle stats, nobody will come here asking me questions about ! LOL !<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

chevelles are nice cars, but im a big fan of the 'stang legacy. long live the mustang!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

i love mustangs and i always will. i favor them over chevelles. but i think supercars.net needs to give the chevelle its props. it was a damn good car.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

and it still is<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

i wish they would put up some Chevelles on the site.and and a buick grand national would be nice too.

8. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

ya i know we need chevelles here such as the 454ss.

but i am a big fan of chevy's boyo!
    and where the hell did you get the fact that i like fords
    so what i like them.

whats it to you?<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

yeah they need more concept cars on this site, damnit.

there puttin all these jap crap concept cars on here with 160 horse why cant they put real cas on here?

i wanna see some more boss mustangs and mach 1s and such, and chevelles,i think they shoud have at least 1 car from each generation of the chevelles, corvettes, mustangs, etc. exept for the gay 2.2 liter mustang 2s. i also think they should add some of dodges r/t vehicles like the stratus and dakota, if they are gonna add all these other gay cars that arnt even sports cars let alone supercars

10. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

Yup - this site NEEDS a Chevelle. I think there should be a Chevelle SS forum.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES so do 'cudas CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES CHEVELLES ROCK POST CHEVELLES so do 'cudas

12. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

Anybody tell me what the true power outputs of some of the late 60s muscle cars were?

Chevelle LS6, claimed 450hp, actual = ??
    Hemi Cuda, claimed 425hp, actual = ??
    Boss 429, claimed 375hp, actual = ??

thanx

13. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

hmmmm, Boss 429 has 560hp does it??....im presuming since insurance companies never cared about torque that the official figures given are correct, hence massive outputs like 510lbft for the Buick GS 455

so the Boss 429 has a genuine 450lbft @ 3400rpm, which means it has about 290hp @ 3400rpm, if the torque curve was to somehow stay level, your max power claim of 560 would be reached at 6600rpm....but if the torque curve was to drop off to 85% of its peak by 6000rpm (like what usually happens) then peak power of 560hp would not be achieved until 7700rpm at the very least, probably low 8s in reality

r u suggesting that a stock 7.0-litre 32yr old engine reaches peak power at 8000rpm?????.....strange when ive seen a photo of an engine plate saying maximun revs is 6150

also strange that if it had 560hp, it would surely do the 1/4 in the low 12s, even with rubbishy 1970s tyres on, and mid 11s with decent modern rubber....can it? stock?

the hemi 426 and LS6 454 r very evenly matched engines, and id guess about 500hp from each, stock...so ur claims seem reasonable, just not sure about the Boss, surely not a match for a ZL1???

14. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

15. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>hmmmm, Boss 429 has 560hp does it??....im presuming since insurance companies never cared about torque that the official figures given are correct, hence massive outputs like 510lbft for the Buick GS 455

so the Boss 429 has a genuine 450lbft @ 3400rpm, which means it has about 290hp @ 3400rpm, if the torque curve was to somehow stay level, your max power claim of 560 would be reached at 6600rpm....but if the torque curve was to drop off to 85% of its peak by 6000rpm (like what usually happens) then peak power of 560hp would not be achieved until 7700rpm at the very least, probably low 8s in reality

r u suggesting that a stock 7.0-litre 32yr old engine reaches peak power at 8000rpm?????.....strange when ive seen a photo of an engine plate saying maximun revs is 6150

also strange that if it had 560hp, it would surely do the 1/4 in the low 12s, even with rubbishy 1970s tyres on, and mid 11s with decent modern rubber....can it? stock?

the hemi 426 and LS6 454 r very evenly matched engines, and id guess about 500hp from each, stock...so ur claims seem reasonable, just not sure about the Boss, surely not a match for a ZL1???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->my sources are sure don' worry!

16. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

This site should have Chevelles

And EL CAMINOS!!!!!!!!!!

17. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

and more paticulary yenko ss 427 ch'velles and ss 454 ls 6 ch'velles

18. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

i totally agrre with u the ls6 chevelle is prolly one of the best muscle cars ever built i love it......my dads 70 has some #$%#ing balls...i can imagin riding in a ls6 that musta been better than sex...

ODIN yes i agree where the #$%# is the gran national.....can u say fastest production car built in the 1/4 mile in 87' yes faster than vetts n ferraris.....were is it s/c

19. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

yeah those gns are fast

20. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

SC are more concerned with the new cars, which, mostly, suck. I think if we got a petition happening for all the muscle we want it may happen. Afterall they should be human enough to listen to requests!

21. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

chic4n3, those specs you wanted...
    LS6 454 made over 550hp at the flywheel, about 570
    426Hemi made over 550hp at the flywheel, about 570, as well
    Boss429 made approximatley 500hp at the flywheel - - not as hot as the others, but no slouch, either

22. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

We dont need any more chevys on this site. What we need are more classic stangs. Where are the mach 1's and the boss 302's. And what about the original 289? Those are real cars. Forget the chevys

23. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

Heelllloooo? If you want to talk about your stupid Chevelles, leave the Boss 429 forum and make your own stupid 454SS forum!

24. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

Yeah, SC.net also needs the 68-71 Chargers.

25. Re: WE NEED CHEVELLES!!!!!!!

Hell Yeah! The Buic Grand National is a must have on this site.