Web banner question

Discussion in 'Artwork - Photoshops and Sketches' started by saleenfan, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Im working on a web banner for a freind and i have awesome ideas in my head but when i try to impliment them the pictures come out grainy cause they are shrunk so much.
    How can i get around that?

2. wut do you mean grainy?

maybe you're using a crappy program or something but when you shrink pictures they generally don't come out grainy...

Maybe the edges are a bit jagged or something, in that case just smooth it out or something. Theres not really much you can do if the picture is too small/detailed though.

3. as for crapy program... I dont think so im using PS 7 pro
    But as I shrink down my pictures for the web banner they get grainy/ jagged.

4. maybe your pictures are too detailed?

you could try using a smooth filter, see if that cuts out the jaggies. Usually when you have and object with an edge, the area around the edge is slightly blurred. When you cut something out and then shrink it down, the edge doesnt automatically get blurred into the background, so that could be causing the jaggies.

Try using the blur tool just around the edge of hte object rather than smoothing the whole picture if its just the edges that are the problem.