WEIGHT!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Bentley State Limousine' started by camaroboy, Aug 9, 2002.

1. 7474lbs WOW!!! THAT IS HEAVIER THAN A DODGE DURANGO!!! looks ok and has power but it can barely get out of its own way <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

Of course it'll be heavy! It's a stretched limo! <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

PLEASE don't mention the weight and performance, its to drive the bloody Queen of England around.

Of course its heavy, as would any car that's got bulletproof glass, reinforced kevlar lined doors and body armour designed to take a bomb and an in built fire extinguisher unit.

4. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

It really has all that shit? Hell, event Osama could feel safe in that thing.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

QUOTE <center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 1q2w3e</i>
    <b>PLEASE don't mention the weight and performance, its to drive the bloody Queen of England around.

Of course its heavy, as would any car that's got bulletproof glass, reinforced kevlar lined doors and body armour designed to take a bomb and an in built fire extinguisher unit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center> END QUOTE

You would think, if anyone had actually READ the info about the car, that what you said would have gone without saying....apparently we have some rather dim crayons around here....

6. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Alcaron</i>
    <b> QUOTE <center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 1q2w3e</i>
    <b>PLEASE don't mention the weight and performance, its to drive the bloody Queen of England around.

Of course its heavy, as would any car that's got bulletproof glass, reinforced kevlar lined doors and body armour designed to take a bomb and an in built fire extinguisher unit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center> END QUOTE

You would think, if anyone had actually READ the info about the car, that what you said would have gone without saying....apparently we have some rather dim crayons around here....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i did read the article says there is "security equipment" onboard, but say if there was an attempt on the queens life they would probably want to get away in a hurry with that kind of weight well i think you get the point this has hurcules like strenght but it still wouldn't get out of its own way let alone say a mad bomber with a large explosive powered projectile (one such device has been used to assassinate someone before it destroyed the armoured car he was in)the queen would be ...well....toast. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

In an emergency, would you rather have a fast no armour car or a armoured car. Given that the queen is protected by other things than this, which can act to eliminate any threat very quickly and lethaly, this does not need to out run much. But it will move just fine. Consider the torque and the fact that 400 is a lot, this will move a lot faster than most in a strait line.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

--"it still wouldn't get out of its own way let alone say a mad bomber with a large explosive powered projectile (one such device has been used to assassinate someone before it destroyed the armoured car he was in)the queen would be ...well....toast."

Ummm, it doesn't really matter how light your car is when it comes to dodging projectiles. Is a car going to out run a rocket? a fired shell? I mean, Air Force One could be out maneuvered by a Cessna, which do you think is more safe?

9. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

Very good points by all about the weight. Yeah, the queen would have an entire entourage to neutralize a threat. Yes, it should be able to move okay in a straight line, but as Michaelman said, it can't outrun a bullet. So, its up to MI6 to dispose of any immediate threat to her. If someone had weapons like a grenade launcher then they are above average assasains, who wouldn't fail anyway.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: WEIGHT!!!!

a good armoured car should have more speed and potential handiling to get out of ambushes there are materials that are more adept at stopping bullets than kevlar and weigh less like composites and kevlar can't stop powerfull guns only about up to .308 caliber without going to armour piercing rounds one of the most popular riflesin the us os the .30-06 (read thirty-ot-six) is more than powerfull enough. did you know that kevlar is a fabrick it feels like nylon but has fine threads and is layered for strength it can be made into many things but any powerfull firearms can penetrate it rather easily.<!-- Signature -->