What happened to Marcos ?

Discussion in '2000 Marcos Mantis GT' started by Lee Iacocca, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Are they an english company ?

This car is good. What make them (the company, please ! LOL) close their doors ?

2. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

Yes they were.(British)
    Not enough people bought their cars, which made their position tenuous.
    Very fast and exciting cars!

3. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

and their next models will be named Ferdinand and Imelda...(hehe get it? I know that's a bad joke, but it's late...gimme a break lol) actually, this isn't too bad a car..design is pretty original, too bad they didn't catch on, however.

4. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

I heard they are getting refinanced and may be back in business.

5. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

very nice car, i was just wondering how it handled?

6. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

Marcos failed, dont failed???
    and where's the Marcos LM600 Race Car???

7. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

surprisingly well actually, my neighbour has one. he likened it to a TVR cerbera... its a beast, with loads of oversteer if you dont treat it with the respect it desverves, and is just plain vicious. its no elise, thats for sure.

scarily fast in a straight line too but its soooo unreliable... its a good idea to have a support team of tow trucks & mechanics even for a short trip to the shops.

8. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

saw the race car version at an american le mans race; beautiful sounding! looks great too

9. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

yes, i think they might still be in racing. i recall seeing a marcos in the american lemans series i think

10. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

here are pics of the lm600 race and road car. why is there so many complies about its rear end, I think it's just gorgeous!!!!!

11. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

its nicer in the flesh, pictures dont do it justice. the enigine noise is one of the best ive ever heard.

12. Re: What happened to Marcos ?

have you seen the LM600? I think i am the only one in norway that have heard about Marcos... Pity they are not imported to Norway...