whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by Aych Es Vee, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

tell me the nascar restrictions and i'll tell you the V8 restrictions, this season they are restriced to 620hp. and they are all restrcited to a 5.0 V8, u can't add a s/c or turbo onto these machines... the specifications of each car hav eot be within a small area. so cars are better suited to either wet/dry or fast/curvy conditions/tracks etc. i dont tihnk that they quite get up to 200mph, but i know that they'd get close, also they don't have an extra 130hp was it?? nor are the straights as long....

no-one out of racing will know the acceleration times, and i could ask my mate who does race in the amatuer version of v8supercars, but he wouldn't be allowed to tell me.

I'm not knocking NASCAR, i don't see enough of it to diss it. but tell me the truth do you really know anything about V8supercars?

this is not directly intened at the poster of this, however the comment is saying can we go 200mph, well i think it's been doen on one track.. bathurst.

N.B. the drivers do get millimetres in between them amongt most hairpins. infact there's track that start with a hairpin at the end of the first straight. yeh the first corner, hairpin, 30odd cars are tryign to get alogn sum hairpin it's not easy, it's easier for the ones at the start and the back, but not easy.

a race, about a week and a half ago, the track had so much hail that it was like driving on snow, except it was hail, and rain. the pace car was going nowhere near the normal pace car, speed, cars we're coming off the track at i'd say 20-30mph for you guys. gee mate i think that's entertainment

2. What's better...This car or your mom

I'd rather ride your mom

3. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

what about handling?...i mean come on, A WRX modded will take corners much quicker n more precise than a V8 Supercar and NASCAR...it would be an interesting comparison...NASCAR, V8 Supercar and A JGTC WRX against one another...or we could use the Calsonic Skyline instead of the WRX.... :p....i think wed be all suprised

4. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

how can AVESCO limit the horsepower of the car by CHANGING ITS GEAR RATIO??????? - Final Output at the wheels...in a way, yes...i think u mean speed...oh, and its up to the teams to decide their own gear ratios anyway...

5. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

v8 supercars are real race track cars, they are able to turn left AND right. thats all there is to it for me.. of recent V8 supercars has become a very professional outfit, world class even.

6. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

I may not be a big V8 fan (US or Australian) but i prefer V8 Supercars as it has both LEFT AND RIGHT hand turns! I just don't see the appeal of goin round in a circle!!!

7. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

Id say. V8 Supercars. Come on Oval racing is boring as hell unless there is a last lap shootout or an accident. I do enjoy the NASCAR road course but there are too few. So Aussie all the way. I need more than a left turn.

8. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

As said by Jeff Gordon " NASCARS are the worst racecars in the world" nuff said

9. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

derffenetly V8 Supercars, its actually racing, not just going round and round, more skill required in V8's because of tight bends, plus we have bathurst.

10. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

dont be silly and think that nascar is just a big circle the whole time. tho im still not a fan

11. Re: Re:

Look at my avatar. I'm sure you will be able to guess.

12. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

"Extreme speeds"????? It's a nascar for christ sake, how extreme could they be. Other race series have far more power, a fraction of the weight and have even the slightest bit of aerodynamic design and they don't limit the power. This is car racing we're talking about here, extreme speed is the whole idea.

To answer the question, even soapbox racers are better than nascar. The V8 Supercars are a competitive series wherein the drivers must have incredible driving skills; nascar is a bunch of dirt eating hicks spining around in a circle for hours.

13. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

This is stupid!!!!!! None of you will ever prove your point to the other! I have seen Nascar live in person(Bristol Motor Speedway) I have seen SCCA live in person (east coast to west) I like all racing, but some have seem to forgot one major point to racing! It doesn’t mater if your racing on an oval or a road track your still trying to be the fastest and beat the other guy (or girl). I have read every post and I have wanted to say, “Well put both cars up to a GT1 car” or even the local SCCA Porsche race team! (Huntley Racing) They have an old Porsche 944 turbo that can run 800hp and run over 200mph but that would be pointless also. I guess until each person has raced every type of car on here that really can’t say anything about the other. Oh yeah somebody said driving on high-banked track is not that hard or something like that. In Bristol Motor Speed Way the banks are so steep you cannot walk up them with out about falling and killing your self and that was before they changed it to smooth concert! I have drove around the track (not in any race but I was going about 35-40mph in a Porsche and I thought I was going to slide off). I will have to watch the V8 Ozzy cars to see what they are about. It sound interesting cause before this tread I thought V8 supercars were Ferrari 355s, 360s Porsche 928s Lotus Ev8, etc!

14. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

nah they are supercars that have v8's. v8supercars are based on holden and ford 4 door sedans and have 5litre v8s.

15. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

v8 supercars are have engine restrictions too. not just by size but they have rev limiters on them, limiting the engine speed to 7500rpm. In this case gearing would have an effect on top speed as you wouldnt be able to rev the engine past that point. Oh and i prefer v8 supercars, but maybe thats because im aussie.

16. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

Yeah well i have to once again say that americans love to blow their mouths. Who else could have a correct opinion? No one of course coz its the greatest country in the world ha ha ha ha...... just jokes guys i love you all. You just talk too much.

Anyway, now that we have blown out i just want to say that Supercars are sweet. I dont need to elaborate because i dont care what you think, nascars are sweet too, just a lot more boring, no one doubts the skill level is enormous to drive in nascar, and no one doubts the technology of the cars is impressive but the fact is that the V8 supercars are pretty well put together themselves and they are built with different purposes.

The point is that most nascar races are in circles..... boring..... still hard..... but very very boring. Its only really big in america but still they call it the greatest racing in the world. Just like their baseball and basketball world champions (from the national league!!!).

So, to try and prove that one is better then the other is sort of pointless, although the americans who have repiled have taken it upon themselves to bag v8 supercars.

Some really smart dude even went out of his way to say that he knows nothing about V8 supercars but then said over and over how much better nascar was???? If thats not american then what is........

17. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

NASCAR cars were hiting well above 200 in the early 70's. They could easaly surpass that now but for regulations. What is your definition of extreme? NASCAR rides are pushing out 750 hp. The vast majority of racing series dont approach that. Most ALMS and Lemans cars dont hit that. Hell, the only other series I can think off off the top of my head with more power are F1, LMP 900 cars, and Dragracers. I am forgetting a few, but most circuts are not that powerful. Nor do most races travel at the average sppeds attained in NASCAR races for as long.

You are aware of course that Jimmy Spencer and Jeff Gordon are two of the best drivers in the world. They can beat excellent drivers in a variety of venues in a variety of cars. Colin McRae has considered going into NASCAR. Dale Erhardt had some success at Lemans.

I find it funny that you bash NASCAR based on stereoypes when you yourself fit one perfectly. The standard anti-US snob.

18. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

I like all racing, but what can I say I'm partial to Nascar? Well Said!

19. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

v8 supercars are better than nascar cars. and as an added bonus they come in mroe than 3 flavors.

20. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

NASCAR is really gay,
    Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

21. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

NASCAR is so f**king gay i hate it all you do is watch these gay cars go around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and um yea u get the point is boooooorrrrrringgg!! I mean the only point is to watch them crash and die. Something like WRC, F1, or V8 Supercars is so much better.

22. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

Nascars are the most popular car sport in america>did ya know that

23. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

v8supercars are the most popular car sport in australia, did ya know that

24. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

V8 supercars by far. i am no V8 supercars fanboy but come on - real tracks compared to rings, and electronic injection compared to carburettors, but both are stone age racing series. not necessarily a bad thing, but i think they should loosen up their rules, but the aussies are scared to after the R32 GT-Rs carved them up with a 1,2 at bathurst in the early 90's.

25. Re: whats better, NASCAR or V8 Supercars???????

It sounds pretty enduring to have to tackle a 3400 pound Nascar.

Do they have to pick it up over their head or is it just mud-wrestling kind of thing?