who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont want an

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari F2002' started by ferrari F40 GTE, Aug 9, 2002.

1. i mean in technology and engines and stuff loke that... my friend says its mclaren but i belive its ferrari, somebody pleace tell me!!!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

well in my opinion mclaren is in 3rd place not in the top 2. i think ferrari and bmw are the more advanced teams. whlst mclaren have been on top for the last couple of years i think IMO they have slackened off a not that much but enough to drop below Ferrari and bmw. the F2002 was claimed to be a second or 2 faster than the F2001 and that has been seen pretty clearly with a ferrari 1-2 grid position for most of the GP's this year (i think) as for williams-bmw they have drastically improved since BMW stepped into the picture. having claim to the fastest (top speed/most BHP) car in the grid.

i maynot be right in some of those statements correct me if i'm rong but i think thats about right<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

Ferrari and BMW

4. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

I'd say it's Ferrari. Perhaps BMW has got a more advance engine, but Ferrari has a better overall car, and that's what counts.

5. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

tell you friend to look at the constructor's championship for 1999-2002. That will give you a good answer.

6. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

If you're just talking about the cars themselves, it's pretty even between BMW and Ferrari, I honestly can't tell you much about Mclaren, I haven't taken a good look at any of their f1's lately. But if you mean who wins the most, it's pretty obvious: the Ferrari F2002+ Schumacher=total dominance.

7. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

well definately ferrari. in second would be williams bmw and in 3rd would be mclaren mercedes. the most BHP is the bmw and the second most is ferrari. mclaren does not have alot of BHP they r actually 1 of the lower ones. the ferrari engine is the most reliable engine in f1. they have only blown 2 engines in the whole year and they were both from rubens barichello and when ferrari was using their old car.
    ferrari also has the best tires in f1 not just ordinary bridgestones but custom made ones just for ferrari and they also have the best mechanics and engineers so they have many reasons for their dominance.

8. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

1999 Constructor's championship

Ferrari 128 points
    McLaren 124 points
    Jordan 61 points
    Stewart 36 points
    Williams 35 points

2000 Constructor's championship

Ferrari 170 pts
    McLaren 152 pts
    Williams 36 pts

2001 Constructor's championship

Ferrari 179 pts
    McLaren 102 pts
    Williams 80 pts

2002 Constructor's championship

Ferrari 221 pts
    Williams 92 pts
    McLaren 65 pts

Does this answer your question as to who's the best team?

9. Re:

Of course it’s Ferrari that leads the way. Isn’t winning 15 races out of 17, Schumacher being on the podium in every single race, winning the constructor championship and Schumacher and Barrichelo being first and second respectively in the drivers championship proof enough?

10. Re: Re:

Obviously not for some people!

11. Re:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying that the other teams suck, because they don’t. McLaren has been dominant in the past, and so was Williams. This his a rotative cycle, Ferrari will not be dominant forever.

12. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

Not really even between Ferrari and Williams. Ferrari just dominated this season no one was even close. As for BMW having the most advanced engine what about the Ferrari???? Schumi didn’t even have a flick of smoke all season out of his engine. It’s the best engine there is in F1. BMW were always blowing, maybe because of the hp or the rpm but they just can’t match the Ferrari in constancy and reliability.

13. Re: who leads the way in f1? mclaren or ferrari? (and i dont wan

Not really even between Ferrari and Williams. Ferrari just dominated this season no one was even close. As for BMW having the most advanced engine what about the Ferrari???? Schumi didn’t even have a flick of smoke all season out of his engine. It’s the best engine there is in F1. BMW were always blowing, maybe because of the hp or the rpm but they just can’t match the Ferrari in constancy and reliability.

14. Re: Re:

Zigackly, Ferrari may be dominant now, but when you're at the top there is only one way to go...Down.

15. Re:

That’s true, but most people have a hard time understanding that. Ferrari domination will eventually end, when this will happen depends on the motivation and the will of the other teams to surpass Ferrari.
    Also it’s very frustrating to see people taking Schumi’s merit in winning these championships. People forget that he was with the team through some hard years, and that he helped the team to be what they are now.
    But every one seems to forget that Senna championship of 88 he also had done it with the best car of the field. And he didn’t help building the team, he just went on from Lotus to McLaren (witch at that time was the best team).
    I’m not trying to take the merit that Senna deserves, I’m just trying to open the eyes of some guys. A good pilot can make a difference, but without a capable car no pilot can win a championship.

16. Re: Re:

Yeah, the domination will eventually end. That's why it's so stupid to handicap them by changing the rules.

17. Re:

um. could u fill me in on whenn mclaren has been dominant. sure theyve won a few races but not consistantly like ferrari has for the past what 10-20 years!? yes there domination will end but u know once that ends theyll just figure out a way to be come dominant again and then theyll be back up in the top 3

18. Re:

um. could u fill me in on whenn mclaren has been dominant. sure theyve won a few races but not consistantly like ferrari has for the past what 10-20 years!? yes there domination will end but u know once that ends theyll just figure out a way to be come dominant again and then theyll be back up in the top 3

FERRARI4EVA

19. Re: Re:

I'm a very big Ferrari fan, but you should know that McLaren has the best percentage of wins in Formula 1, and they won many times the driver and constructor championships.
    Winning races consistently like Ferrari has for the past 10-20 years? Then I must also tell you that to see a Ferrari winning a driver championship (excluding the 2000, 2001 and 2002 of Schumacher) you must look back to the year of 79 when Jody Scheckter took the crown for Ferrari. Jody that year only won 3 grand prix (Belgium, Monaco and Italy), but he was consistent in the other races and that justified the triumph. So how can you talk about consistency in winning when Ferrari hadn’t won a championship for 21 years? McLaren through 84 to 93 won 6 championships (84, 85, 88, 89, 90, and 91) and was second in the others (86, 87, 92, and 93). 10 consecutive years dominated by McLaren. I rest my case.
    Just because I’m a Ferrari fan, that doesn’t mean that I will close my eyes to the other teams and see just Ferrari. And also say that they were, are, and shall be the best team in formula 1, that’s because that’s untrue.

20. Re: Re:

McLaren won the WDC in '84-'86 and '88-'91 (7 years out of 8)
    Williams won the constructor's championship '92-'94 and '96-'97 (5 years out of 6) If that's not dominance I don't know what is.

21. Re: Re:

I guess people forget the past real easy.

22. Re: Re:

LOL! yeah kids these days!

23. Re: Re:

What the #$%# are you people arguing about?
    Look at the points at the end of the 2002 season.
    Ferrari has exactly as many points as ALL OTHER TEAMS COMBINED.
    It's seems pretty obvious who's leading the way.

24. Re: Re:

Of course Ferrari leads the way, but it won’t be forever. When you’re at the top of a hill, there’s just one way to take, and that’s down.

25. Re: Re:

True, but who says they're at the top of the hill? They may only be halfway up...