Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Discussion in '2000 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ' started by RX7kickass, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Brillant!! you should put stickers like DOHC and Vtech on the side of it that make it go fast yeah and paint ti yellow so every body can laugh at your dumb ass

2. #27 ottdave, Nov 1, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

rotarys are smooth engines with 3 or four total moving parts this means less inersha ... my opinion is that the supra looks like a 3kgt and the rx7 looks like a badass miata with its muscles showing im going to lean towards the rx7 side becouse in the the end weight is the factor let us compare an freight train to a a top fuel dragger the diff is weight right? they have about the same amount of power but on just weights are diff

chech out the dax it has around 350 hp but weighs a mere 400k

http://www.pistonheads.com/clubmans/stoneleigh/

lets face it folks 800 extra pounds is a big difference and 50 hp is not going to cover that i say 50 is becouse the hp the rx7 is rated at is wrhp not fly hp the supras is 320 flywheel rated hp
    btw the supra is a over grow honda civic so is the Lexus is300
    the supra submits to the rx7 but it stilll makes my day wheni see either cars on the road

3. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Rx-7 is much better built body wise but the engine needs alot of work around 70 or 80k miles

Mustang for life!!!!

4. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

RX-7 all da way, its rotary, its faster, its sleeker and it handles alot better

5. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

RX-7 all da way, its rotary, its faster, its sleeker and it handles alot better

6. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Rx-7, you gotta give it props for its rotary but then it overhets easily :T...still gotta choose the rx7 tho [;

7. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

8. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Supra, because of the tunning capabilities

9. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

I like the Rx-7 more because it looks better, but I hate the engine. If it had, say a RB26DETT engine then it would definatly be my 4th or 5th favorite car.

1)Skyline
    2)Subaru WRX
    3)Porsche Carrera GT
    4)BMW M3
    5)RB26DETT powered Rx-7

If the Rx-7 was modded a little more to about 600 hp it would beat the BMW on my list.

10. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

I wouldn't really place the WRX there, I mean I know its a matter of choice but I dont think the WRX can be up there

11. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

The only reason it is there is because I am getting a free one in a year when my buddy sells it to get an suv so I have grown to like it since I ahve studied the technical aspects of it. Just like when yuo study an suv you can find many little design features that make you like it more than others.
    I have no doubt that the Subaru Sucks ass compasred to the carrera GT or somnething.
    Anyway there my little explanation on why it is there.

12. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

whats the point of having the skyline engine under the bonnet? the whole point of the RX-7 is the rotary engine

13. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Well the point is that I dislike rotarys becasue of their relaibliity issues, and I like the Skyline's rb26dett powerplant much better. One reason why I like the Top Secret Surpa is because of its rb26dett powerplant.
    It all a matter of opinion.
    You may see the point of an RX-7 being its engine, but I see its main advantage being its weight.

I am not quite sure what the weight differences would be if the rb26dett would be put in, but anyway it would be heaveier than with the standard rotary. Which is a disadvantage. The weight would still be lower than that of a Supra or Skyline anyway.

14. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

reliability? sure, the RX-7 may have some problems with cooling but the 787B just goes to show that u can make rotaries reliable.

the problem of sticking a heavier engine in an RX-7 is that u would have to push the engine further into the car to get that 50/50 weight distribution.

15. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

I still have a phobia of roatries, but on paper they perform well.

16. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Depends really, in the 89 Rx-7 you would be able to put that engine in there with no problem

17. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

Thanks for the useful info! I wouldn't have had a clue how to keep the rotary engine in good shape. The part about the Nos is obvious but thanks again!

18. Re: Who likes witch better and y? Supra or Rx-7

How much would these apex seals cost?

19. Pros vs. Cons of both the Supra & RX-7

Supra
    Pros: 3.0L I6 engine, strong bottom end, great 0-60 & 1/4 mile times, great body styling, decent handling, good power gains from bolt-on parts.
    Con: Very heavy, F/R weight dist. is not that perfect 50/50, Toyota factory parts are expensive, expensive car to purchase.

RX-7
    Pros: Light weight, good power from such a small engine, great 0-60 & 1/4 mile times, great handling, good power gains from bolt-on parts, perfect 50/50 weight dist, great body styling, OEM parts are not as expensive, high redline, smooth power delivery.
    Cons: Cooling issues, small displacement means less power potential, few mechanics know how to work on rotarys, apex seals are sensitive, reliability is compromised rather easy, one less gear than the Supra

I apologize if I left anything out. My opinion: I'd rather have and RX-7. I prefer its looks, I really like the sound of a 13B spinning all the way to 9k, and the fact that it is significantly lighter than the Supra. Come on, that's and extra 800lbs. to accelerate, stop, corner, and put wear on the tires & breaks. The Supra is a great and well respected car, but I'd rather have an RX-7.

20. I love the Mazda RX-7... Toyota Supra is a good supercar but it dose 14sec 1/4 mile. The Supra is too heavy but dont get me wrong so far the super is the best JGTC car but the RX-7 is more of a drift & street tune car... I go for the RX-7 =)

21. car for car bone stock prolly the rx7 cuase i think it looks better and handles awsome(though ive never drivin a supra).

22. car for car bone stock prolly the rx7 cuase i think it looks better and handles awsome(though ive never drivin a supra).