Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Discussion in '2001 Ford Falcon 300' started by nissanZboy, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Fords suck, lumps of shit and this piece of crap still doesnt prove anything.
    Holden nut is gay JAP cars shit allllllllllllllll ova holdens, just cause ur boy friend stole ur hangbag there is no need to get upset.

2. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Jap cars have nothing, the only thing they have going for them is that they're lighter, have AWD and ridiculous 4.11+ final drive's for getting off the mark.

Oh and the comments about me being gay are uncalled for. Why don't you start posting again when you turn atleast 12 and grow some form of a brain.

3. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

...And Puberty!

4. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

How about you give SKY LINE a bit of respect, just because he loves his skylines you dont need to post these rediculous replys. Oh and id like You to please explain how Skylines manage to get more power from the wheels than any holden or ford, with half the engine capacity, and do go saying holdens are N/A.

5. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

OOOO how about u compare ANY ford to the R34 GTR Skyline and well have a look see wat the results are.

6. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Although I'm not a fan of Skylines I do have respect for them for what they are. Which part of my reply was ridiculous?

Why does the Skyline get more power from less capacity? Oh gee maybe because it has a hairdryer hanging off the side of the motor?

7. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

the imprea isn't that great of a car, but the STI is bloody amazing, i can't believe the XR6T beat it in that test. for performance car under $57,000

8. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Did it ever occur to you that I might LIKE Skyline GTR's? I never once said that Fords are better ect. But now that you mention ANY ford. Okay, how about an RS200 Cosworth with 600bhp?

Don't go telling me about 1000hp veilside skylines becasue I really don't give a toss. I was just having ago at the other wanker for coming into a Ford forum and blurting his childish and Ignorant anti-ford sentiments.

9. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Thats not a real point. I could go and say that about HSV's the only reasn they have as much power as they do is casue they use a 5.6 lt engine. And they still loose due to their weight

10. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

It actualyl won becaue it was a smoother drive. where they said that the STi would rattle aroudn the corners while the XR6T did it with ease. yeah that's why i liek ford they drive well and easily. maybe not quite as quick straight line as the STi, might not compete on the track either, but it certainly is a moer enjoyable drive.

11. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

I dont know how all these poeple who claim to have driven an XR6T, have actually driven them. I work at a Ford delaership and NONE have arrived. There is so many on Order, and Customers will not take delivery till just before Christmas, If they are lucky!

I do not know of any other delaership that has taken delivery of any XR6T's yet, so its got me how anyone outside of Ford or VIP's have driven one.

Remember the XR6T is 12 grand cheaper than the STi. Is the STi a 12 grand better motor car? Ive driven a my99 wrx and I can tell you that its definately worth 40 grand, but not as good as poeple hype them to be.

WRX's are not THAT quick! Seriously, they are only quick when yo drop the clutch from 6500rpm. Beeing an AWD car they have better grip off the line, but rolling start against a standard 2001 WRX are only slightly quicker than my barely modified EL XR6 5 speed.

12. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Tickford5400, I've already seen an XR6T on the road, but it's the only one I've seen so far.
    I certainly havn't test driven one yet.....

13. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

How long ago? Theres definately a handful going round, poeple who work for fords would have them but about actualy delivery to customers none have been yet.

14. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Sorry, what are you an engineer for Mitsubishi or something? I don't beleive that you have driven an XR6T, nor Do I beleive that the STi is a 12 grand better car. It's got no way near the same space as a falcon does, fit and finsihs is pretty good but quality isnt really the best. They are quick, but not THAT quick. Dump the clutch, and off you goooooo...to the dealership for a replacement clucth under warranty.

15. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

I only saw it the other day.....not too long ago.

Like I said, it was the first one I'd seen and it was quite a surprise to see one. It was Blueprint and at first I thought it was a T-Series....

It could have been a demo, I don't know....but it was definately an XR6T.

16. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

It would want to corner better weghing 250-odd kilograms less and AWD. I have driven a standard XR6 and the handling was really good. You really didnt feel like you were driving a car of 1685kg (I think it weighs).

It's not that the clutch in the subie is weak, but to take advantage of the awd grip at the lights you have to dump the clutch at 4-5 grand before there enough torque delivery to propell you off properly. The WRX i drove had small turbo lag, although it was alot better than i expected.

You might pay 12grand more for a STi, but if MOTOR magazine are right about the GT beeing under 60 grand, then it would have to be a better option. I honestly beleive it will be about 62grand, but I really don't know. By the way, I know that looks are a subjectgiove opinion, but to me the XR6T is a far better looking car than the STi. Have your bug-eyed, pink badged pocket rocket.

17. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

but the XR6T is almost the same price as a normal impreza wrx, and it's actually quicker than one. Motor got the XR6T 0 - 100 in 5.91 seconds. That's quicker than a stock impreza WRX will do. The WRX is around $2,000 cheaper.

The STi (for price would be better compare to the XR8 (when it comes out) for their prices will be similar. I reackon the STi would be quicker though.

18. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

The real differentiation won't be with the XR6T to XR8, but rather XR6T to the GT. XR8 is heavier with only 20kw more power, but the GT which will be priced competitively compared to the STi. Havnt seen the GT go, but I would be my left nut that on most tracks with anything that resembles a striaght, the GT will win.

19. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

Gear ratios??

20. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

4.5 : 1 Final Drive!!!

21. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

4.5 : 1 Final Drive!!!

22. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

4.5:1 final drive, umm WTF?

23. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

no doubt theyre quick, B4 STi oh yeah (can't tell i'm a subaru fan can ya?)

24. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

how do final drive ratios work on awd cars? is it still just calculated by the rear wheels?

25. Re: Who says Ford Can't make good performance Cars?

how would a xr6t turn in comparison to a subaru tho?

man cant wait to see the xr6t in action tho, ford have put themselves into a different class of performance car now, got theyre fingers in every pie havnt they? anyway be nice to see some comparisons to other rear wheel drive turbos, porsches for instance

anyway its nice to see ford trying this stuff out for size