who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Discussion in '1999 Ford Saleen Mustang S-351' started by Mantronix, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kirk102</i>
    <b>This car isn't the fastest production car in america, there are more cars than you think that are produced stock that will smoke this car- example, corvette Z06, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Smoke? is that what your doing? No...it wont SMOKE this car, it may have a faster take off than this car, but remember that this car has 85 more HP than the Corvette, so NO it WONT SMOKE it like you say, Smoking a car is leaving it way far behind

2. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>The stock Supra is better than the sotck Mustang , it's a better base to modify the specifications.

The most modded Supras (874hp or Veilside Supra) are very hard to beat.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yup you are right the Base supra is better than a mustang GT. Mustangs are made for modification, the most modded Mustang I have seen is the Pro millenium by Saleen rated at 1200HP.

3. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Well being that i have a supra. This would win and i tweaked my supra a bit. the turbos. and got a new clutch and flywheel. it would be a good race me and this stang but in the end he would kill me. I want to buy a 94 cobra 5.0 and drop a 351 in it. <!-- Signature -->

4. #29 NinjaAssaultSquadElite, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NinjaAssaultSquadElite</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>The stock Supra is better than the sotck Mustang , it's a better base to modify the specifications.

The most modded Supras (874hp or Veilside Supra) are very hard to beat.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This STOCK saleen would smoke any STOCK Supra whether the supra is turbo or not. Now...you want to mention non stock super modified cars..like veilside? OK then....from the famous movie SCARFACE "OKAY OKAY....MEET MY LITTLE FRIEND" Try some of these mustangs on for size:

1: QUICKSTANG: a 1,000 horsepower, supercharged big block, handles-like-its-on-rails
    * 525 cubic inch aluminum V8 built and tuned by Kenny Duttweiler
    * 958 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm, 863 ft.-lbs. torque @ 5,400 rpm at 15 psi boost
    * Capable of 1,000 horsepower at 20 psi boost
    http://www.summitracing.com/tech/how2/quikstang/tz_02quikstang.htm

2. 1200HP Saleen
    0-100 in 6.7 secs
    Quarter Mile in the low 9's
    http://www.saleenunlimited.com/concepts/default.asp

3. BOSS Mustang
    0-60 in 1.9 Seconds
    Quarter mile in 10.5 seconds on regular tires</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Oh my god. "Stock Saleen"? How dumb can you be? Saleen is an aftermarket company working on Fords. A stock Supra is from Toyota, not some aftermarket company. So what if the supra is like from Veilside, Jun, HKS, ABFlug? Well, then they have way over 800HP-1200HP usually, so your argument is illfounded. The Saleen is not a stock version of the mustang it is upgraded by a company, just like those supras arent.
    But to use your argument, the "stock" Jun Supra (even more HP than the Veilside one) would smoke this Saleen. Whatever. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And what the Fck do you think the Veilside supra is...you dumb fck...your private dildo?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Exactly, I mentioned those to show you how ridiculous it is to assume that. And who gives a rats ass if these are mass produced? They only run upper 11s! They are tons of supras/mustangs/anything faster! In the end it comes down to what YOUR car can do. It doesnt matter who or how it was made or sold. And you need a nap.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kirk102</i>
    <b>This car isn't the fastest production car in america, there are more cars than you think that are produced stock that will smoke this car- example, corvette Z06, 0-60 in 3.8 seconds...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your comparing a 1999 Model to a 2002 Model

6. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MantronixFX</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Kirk102</i>

Your comparing a 1999 Model to a 2002 Model
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've never heard of anyone getting a 3.8, I've seen 3.9-4.4 but nothing better than 3.9.

7. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

jun supra smokes this anyday :/ but mustang gt and tt supra the supra smoeks it... in fact I dont know quite well but if I am not mistaken the tt supra smoeks a mustang cobra. anyways I cant wait the day that toyota decides to make a tundra engine supra :D with TT then yall goone be handed out some "viper, vette, stang " obituarys :D

8. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vacanyols</i>
    <b>jun supra smokes this anyday :/ but mustang gt and tt supra the supra smoeks it... in fact I dont know quite well but if I am not mistaken the tt supra smoeks a mustang cobra. anyways I cant wait the day that toyota decides to make a tundra engine supra :D with TT then yall goone be handed out some "viper, vette, stang " obituarys :D</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

While the corvette, mustang, and viper continually improve, the Supra name is forgotten and sinks farther and farther from our memory.

The Supra would not beat a 2001 Cobra, it would be VERY close, no winner. And do you take pride in having a 45k beat a 20k car (GT)?<!-- Signature -->

9. #34 SeansVette, Aug 9, 2002

I looked around in the magazines and stuff, and saw that the 2001 Cobra does 0-60 in 4.8 and does 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. Base price: $28,000.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/roadtests/2001/July/200107_roadtest_svtcobra.xml?Manufacturer=Ford&Name=Mustang&class=22

The Supra TT was a great performer in it's day, but you had to pay for it. They were much more expensive than even Corvettes. The 2001 Cobra costs considerably less (and that's today's prices), and it performs about the same. <!-- Signature -->

10. #35 carsgofaaaast, Aug 9, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SoupedUpSupra</i>
    <b>A stock MKIV Supra could waste a stock Mustang GT. It would be a pretty unfair fight though, since the Supra was made as a luxury sports car, and Toyota gave it so much weight. The thing is, it still smokes Mustangs. A stock MKIV Supra costs around $45,000 right now, possibly even less, so spend about $10,000 on it, or send it to TRD or somthing along with $10,000, and you'll probably get a Mustang-eater.
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>

This STOCK saleen would smoke any STOCK Supra whether the supra is turbo or not. Now...you want to mention non stock super modified cars..like veilside? OK then....from the famous movie SCARFACE "OKAY OKAY....MEET MY LITTLE FRIEND" Try some of these mustangs on for size:

1: QUICKSTANG: a 1,000 horsepower, supercharged big block, handles-like-its-on-rails
    * 525 cubic inch aluminum V8 built and tuned by Kenny Duttweiler
    * 958 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm, 863 ft.-lbs. torque @ 5,400 rpm at 15 psi boost
    * Capable of 1,000 horsepower at 20 psi boost
    http://www.summitracing.com/tech/how2/quikstang/tz_02quikstang.htm

2. 1200HP Saleen
    0-100 in 6.7 secs
    Quarter Mile in the low 9's
    http://www.saleenunlimited.com/concepts/default.asp

3. BOSS Mustang
    0-60 in 1.9 Seconds
    Quarter mile in 10.5 seconds on regular tires</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    That BOSS Mustang is a load of sh*t. 0-60 seconds my ass, was it launched from a catapult? That's probably 0-60 feet. Oh yeah? Jun Supra. Go to their website and check it out, I'm sure a big puddle of urine will accumulate on your computer chair.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

man there are vettes with almost half the hp of that supra that would eat it alive<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

the vette and the s351 kill riced supras, that is more than clear!

12. #37 BLK94MKIVTT, Sep 15, 2002

Okay, a s-351 saleen would beat a stock Supra TT, but like everyone is saying the saleen is not a stock car. Modified the supra a bit and see the results for urself....... Here is a link to a video of a 351saleen with "NOS!!" vs. an upgraded turboed SUPRA...... you've got to see the video to believe it. http://www.racingflix.com/downloadvideo.asp?v=96

13. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

You know how full of it you make yourself sound The Supra in the movie is a real #$%#ing tuned car not just show Car go buy. Street Fury Gold and Red the guys that built it talk about it lol if its capable of 10 in 1/4 you need to check your numbers on this Saleen.

14. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

You want to Bring up drag Cars HAHAHA lol BOSS normal Tired check your shit I have the Mag where he got those pics HAha it raced the ZL-1 Camaro Its by far not a road car and it had slicks in the drag race it was in Car and Driver mag. Cover cars 1100 hp Shootout they raced on the race track and the camaro won on track but in 1\4 the mustang was faster. part of that is because they were having problems with the Camaro they treated like a full out Shootout with Ice on the motors lol. all these cars you listed are for Drags the Vielside would dominate on a road course not a suprize cause its made for that these stangs you listed are not. There are many Drag Racing IHRA-IDRC
    SUpras out there lol . As for others Why the hell would you compair a Stock Supra with a S-351? Is it because you are a freakin Tard? It is just stupid now we all know SALEEN is a modified Mustang so Modify the Supra to Compair for a fair race I bet a Supra with only 400 hp Set up right could make this look really sad. Shit i just thought I own a 403 hp vr-4 that pulls 11.6 1\4 what makes you think a Supra couldnt?

15. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Supra gay, I could take one in a golf cart on crack.

16. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

CHEVROLET - Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time

DODGE - Drips Oil, Drips Gas Everywhere

FORD - F*cker Only Runs Downhill/(backwards)Driver Returns On Foot

PONTIAC - Pours Out Noxious Toxins In American Cities

Hahahah those #$%#in own. But mind you I do have a liking for American Automobiles such as the SVT Cobra, Corvette Z06 and the Viper.

17. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

just for the record saleen is NOT A TUNER...dont believe me read the article about the s7...where it dared u not to mention the name tuner to any of his mustangs...for reasons of this...

they all have to meat new car specifications given by the government to be sold under a new car name and given a new car warranty not only by saleen but also by ford...second saleen has to crash test his mustangs just like any other car manufactuer does and has to in order to meet new car specifications by the government....third saleen also has to have a luxury tax to be sold as a new car and also a gas guzzler tax to be sold as a new car (unlike tuners who are exempt from everything i am saying here.)....and forth he has to conform to every federal emmision standards to be sold in all 50 states and to be sold under ford and in ford selected dealerships....

and last but not least saleen hand builds everything but frames and some other essentials...other than that he has to build the car himself...

oh yea one more thing he also has to have a specific amount of output for his cars to be considered new cars or else he is not a new car dealer and is banned as selling them as new cars....

and about modded cars....some words to think on....name one supra one skyline one any jap car to run under the 9's and be completely stock on the outside run a completely stock block run the stock suspension stock interior(minus the roll-bar legal for competition)....yea u cant name one why? the fastest skyline runs 9's on nos...not legal on streets...has no interior what so ever and is not even street legal on top of that for he cant pass emmissions as the 80's mustangs that are driven on the street that do run 8's inevitable HAVE TOO..

and last but not least those are running "stock parts" there are mustangs running in the 7's that have modded the car and are still street legal...

we have a 700hp supra here that cannot for the life of him break into the 10's...then we have a mustang nick named KnightMare running 680hp to the wheels and breaks 9's all night and is completely street legal...oh yea the mustang in total cost him 18k...price of the supras engine was alone 22k (not including intercooler)...

sorry in the end there is always always a faster street legal mustang than a street legal supra/skyline/whatever is across any seas of america....why?

DISPLACEMENT...in the end that is one of the main factors...why the moto anything u can do i can do better....proof? 900hp gas pumped 91 octance n/a tune big block garunteed for life and garunteed to handle up to 3500hp street legal hp at that without the use of nos 4500hp with use of nos after that the warranty is nulled....

18. i need some help...

hey im 16 yr's old and i got a 1990 Mustang GT 5.0....and i want to know some good parts that i can buy to tune the car so it can have around 400+ hp....so does anyone know what can i put into it?...

19. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

What do you think of the GM 454

20. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

this thread is pathetic

may it burn in the fiery pits

21. saleen will smoke it

The supra sux. its a 3 liter v6 with a turbo while the mustang saleen is a 5.8 v8 with a supercharge. the saleen has more torque, hp, end top speed(stock), and a whole $hit load more.

22. #47 ALFU8, Feb 26, 2003
    Re: i need some help...

i got a 4.6 but sum peices u can buy r a supercharge, buy a new intake filter, change the whole exaust system(make sure its 4 a 5.0),dont buy nos it will blow ur engine (happend 2 my friend), snd u can change the transmition and gear ratios. u can find sum good parts at
    http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/
    good luck

23. Re: i need some help...

Stock Vs Stock, the supra would lose.

You guys need to look deeper into these cars. 95% of the "supra owners" here are full of bullshit. Many people see some true supra's run 12 second 1/4 miles with 430rwhp. Thats called a BPU supra, and it still wouldn't be able to compete with the Saleen on the track or on the strip.
    Now for the real Supra owners, they know that they are pretty much unmatched for topend power, a BPU supra would leave this a good 3 car lengths on the highway. But again, thats a BPU.
    Supra's are one of the most overrated cars EVER. They're fast, they're nice looking, but they're also heavy, torqueless, powerbandless and very expensive to modify. The POSERS on these boards that talk about 1000hp Supras, FORGET to mention that, that is the ideal number when a $10,000+ turbo system, (just turbo, not engine building, fuel etc) is added. And to think they still run a 12 second quater mile.

24. Re: i need some help...

Well you can allways replace the 2JZ-GTE engine with the Nissan RB26DETT(as some people have done). That combines the awesome power/torque bands of the RB26DETT and the aerodynamics of the Supra). And all this without losing the tuning potential of the 2JZ engine(the RB has even more potential). Allthough this is a expensive thing to do.

And yes... the Saleen Mustangs are tuned cars(allmost an inhouse tuner). Stock Mustang vs. Stock Supra -> the Supra wins. Saleen Mustang vs. Stock Supra -> The Supra gets whipped. Saleen vs. TRD/HKS/JUN/VeilSide Supra -> with similar hp figures it's too close to call, but when taken a top end tuned Supra it would win(of course it would). Caroline would kill all of them.

25. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

saleen mustangs aren't considered stock so they shouldn't be compared with a stock supra, compare it with a veilside and then you've got a fair test and i think the saleen would lose in everything except the magnificent sound of its engine