who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Discussion in '1999 Ford Saleen Mustang S-351' started by Mantronix, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

actually the fast and the furious supra would own this. a reg TT supra wouldn't. this does 0-60 in 4.6 supra does it in 5 flat. supra would handle better and i would rather have it neday though.

2. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

FOR THE LAST FUCKIN TIME....SALEEN is a small car manufacturer and is not TUNER. SALEEN IS NOT A TUNER. if I could say it in every other language I could. So many ignorant people out here. GO AND READ IT FOR YOURSELF. Are you afraid to? maybe because the word TUNER gives you the breathing space of having an excuse why your car gets handed its ass on a platter by a mustang.

3. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Who Cares if a supra is capable of over 1000hp!!!Thanks to the turbos,uping the boost etc.... And that 1000hp is good for nothing except burning tires. You got to put it to the ground. Mustangs are capable of running 9s with a fraction it would cost a Supra. And most of thoses stangs have a horsepower rating around 500hp. Now as for Saleen they are just like TRD and the Saleen would take the Supra no contest!!! Shoot a stock GT can tear up a non turbo Supra!!! Ive seen it. Supra is an awsome car. But it is definatly Over rated!!

4. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

And Ive seen Mustang GT's 302s modified over 1000hp and then some.

5. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Time on this car is wrong. And your time on Z06 is wrong - its 3.9

6. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Thank you. *grins*

A tuner is TRD, Stillen and bullshit like that.

Saleen takes the chassis and builds it.

7. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

i saw a vid of a supra [mod] vs a saleen mustang [i couldent read the modle] the supra won a supra with a stock a-spec engine can top 1100 off the crank with stock internals j-specs are a whole lot more boostable and have reached 1300 crank hp

8. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

9. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Im gonna hopefully put this to an end. 1)Saleen makes their own car, the S7 isnt a Ford just a Ford engine which many companies use. Saleen doesnt answer to Ford in any way just like RUF doesnt answer to Porsche, but unlike TRD they are Toyota, an inhouse tuner. 2)To solve the problem of stock Mustang vs TT supra. A better comparison would be a 02 Cobra w/320hp vs the TT supra w/320hp. The Cobra runs 0-60 in 4.8 and under and the 1/4 in 13.1,while the beloved Supra TT runs 0-60 in the 5s and the 1/4 in mid to high 13s. The Supra is way over-rated, some of you dont realize that a V8 can always put out more torque than a V6 even a turbo V6. Torque is what matters its what makes you move quick. A V8s torque numbers are almost always at least 20lb/tq or less away from the hp numbers i.e 03 Cobra 390hp, 390 torque, Z06 405hp, 400+ torque. While V6s torque numbers are usually pretty low like the Veilside Supra which has something like 1200hp but only has about 800lb/tq which alows it to absolutely get spanked by a Lingenfelter Vette which has less hp and torque. Now if you want to take an American car and an import to the absolute limit in tuning than all you have to do is look at professional drag racing. The imports finally broke 200 mph with a Tundra V8 at a 7 something 1/4mile while we have guys like John Force running 4s at 320mph. I rest my case.

10. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Damn dude, you post some pretty badass posts. I saw your post on another topic in this forum and DAMN...it was awesome.

11. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

You dumb sh!t....Saleen is a car manufacturer not a tuner...Tuners would be Sean Hyland or Kenny Brown. Look it up anywhere on the internet or whatever you use to get your information. It will clearly tell you "SALEEN IS NOT A TUNER"

12. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Them Lingenfelter Vettes are bad ass!

13. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

lingenfleter is the best vette tuner. i think. better than callaway.

regards

426hemistage8

14. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

Hell yeah! By far Lingenfelter is the best. To bad he past away. At least the company is still going to go on. His wife took over now and is running the company and she is keeping all of the same staff and employees. Lingenfelter is supposed to be working on the Cadillac XLR and CTS-V as their next project. I cant wait to see the specs on them when they come out.

15. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

wtf r you talking about? its 0-60 time is like 4.5 seconds u fricking dumb*ss

16. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

I would take the Saleen becouse i think it would be faster. Plus i hate supra's becouse everyone that has one thinks it's the greatest car ever built.

17. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

I'm only 17 years old and even i know that a saleen s351 would smoke the hell out of a jap crap toyota supra. I bet my ford thunderbird can beat a supra and thats a family car and weighs more than a supra. I would put money on the mustang any day than the supra. I would choose an american car over import any day.

18. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

This isnt rocket science people, the Saleen would absolutely demolish the Supra. Just because that overated car was in a movie, does not make it the fastest car known to man.

Stop saying crap like "The supra will beat this if you add blah blah blah to it" cause it just isnt going to work....

19. Re: who would win out of a supra and a saleen s-351

That boss mustang is in this f()cking site u f^g. Dont talk sh!t unless u know. And the jun supra yes is probably the fastest supra in the world, i have seen pics and specs, but i also probably has over 50 g's in mods. The boss however, has probably close to 30 g's.
    I love supra's dont get me wrong but i like the boss more.
    My point is The boss is a real car. The jun supra is not. Get out of this forum.