whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

Discussion in '1999 Chevrolet Corvette Hardtop' started by pkripper, Aug 10, 2002.

1. only 2grand more mor a more stylish car

2. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

SO TRUE!!!

3. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

Yeah it's pretty obvious that both of you missed the point of these hardtop 'Vettes...

4. Nice!

I Would Like A Similar Car For The Future !
    Maybe A Newer One Though.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Nice!

Its a great car, but too bad Chevrolet couldn't come out with a new desin. THe front looks just like an RX-7.

6. Re: Nice!

You gotta be kidding. The Corvette is one of the most messed up cars in the world. Chevrolet said that they wanted a car that would rival the Italian supercars. They failed. Miserably. The Dodge Viper is so much better than this piece of junk. It would beat the Corvette out of the water. Please never call this car nice again.

7. Re: Nice!

I gotta agree the Dodge Viper kicks this's ass!

8. Re: Nice!

Rival Italian supercars?? Oh the ones that cost over 5 times the amount of a vette? Suuure. Corvette is still the best bang for the buck American performance around. Sure a Viper is faster, but take a stock vette, twin turbo, new rearend and the Viper will be so far behind for the same price... I enjoy proving idiots wrong...

9. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

i wanna know about reliability
    how are these things
    i'm thinking about buying one on my 19th bday but i don't want shit falling apart 7 years down the road and replacements end up being an arm and a leg

anyone know how reliably they are?

10. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

VERY reliable...chevy isnt all crap you know...
    my uncle bought a used 1 its a 2000 and it had 150000 miles because it was a company car, and they were constantly driving it on the freeway across the counttry. he bought it at an auction for 12,000.

he said it still runs fine.

11. Re: Nice!

This CRap along with any other american crap sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imports Rule!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

look u like them or you hate them.. to me the covette is a nice for its price compare the prices to another sportcar it is cheep i am getting one because i like them if you dont like they dont get one then.

14. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

look u like them or you hate them.. to me the covette is a nice for its price compare the prices to another sportcar it is cheep i am getting one because i like them if you dont like they dont get one then.

15. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

do they sell the z06 in hatchback form, i have been wondering that for such a long time? any one know?

16. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

the hatchback is better looking, more storage, more aerodynamic. although the hardtop is slightly lighter and stronger, remember that the c5 is already twice as strong as the c4 and lighter. Most corvettes are automatic and never see tracks nor 120mph so get the hatchback.

17. Re: whoever can afford this can buy the hatchback

I love my Black hardtop, its lighter than the coupe 13% stiffer, all hard tops come with a 6speed, and upgraded Z51 sus, as well as the 3.42 gears in the ass!

Motor Trend Test
    As our test numbers bore this out, the Hardtop (which comes standard with the race-style Z51 suspension system) whipped through the 600-foot slalom at an average 68.1 mph, the quickest we've gotten out of a C5 Vette **68.1mph is DAMN fast for slalom**

The hardtop is for the a DRIVER not someone that just wants to cruz around, **also if you replace the stop run flats on it and put on some real tires it hands so much better**

18. I've got a 2000 red hardtop and haven't had any issues with it. So far it's as reliable as any honda or toyota I've owned. With minor tweaking it'll keep up with most exotics. I've had mine to just over 160mph. Try that in a honda civic.

19. Nice!

AntiDomestic.... You're 12 years old. Wait to post until you have your license. Go to the "G.I. Joe forum".