WHY did it stop racing

Discussion in '1993 McLaren F1 GTR' started by C5 R Vette, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: WHY did it stop racing

Because other manufacturers were being allowed to compete with questionable cars (Porsche GT1, MB CLK-GTR, etc…) that rendered the Mclaren uncompetitive.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: WHY did it stop racing

because the Porsche GT1R beat the leaving crap out of it

4. Re: WHY did it stop racing

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dr Porsche</i>
    <b>because the Porsche GT1R beat the leaving crap out of it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

hahaha its funny how you remain so persistent after you have been told a thousand times that the GT1R or any other porsche cannot compete, let alone "beat the living crap out of (McLaren F1 GTR) it."
    I have searched many places to find the performance of this car (McLaren F1 GTR). To confirm what I found out from another place. well let me give you a heads up, 0-60= under 2.0. Now, before anyone starts talking shit, please research and see for yourselves, I wont tell you the exact time.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: WHY did it stop racing

they still run at least one in the JGTC.

6. Re: WHY did it stop racing

Yeah i know that the Mclaren GTR's 0-60 is 2.1, but that doesnt make it better than the Porsche GT1R.The 0-60 on the GT1R is 3.3, the Mclaren beats it by over 1 second, plus the GT1 is known for boning out, they didn't want good 0-60, they wanted good 60-100. In Le Mans it came up to be who ever had the better driver and who ever had better "HANDALING". I guess the GT1R was too much for the GTR to handle.

7. Re: WHY did it stop racing

Ya thats what i want to know. Correct me if im wrong but i really think that this car would of had a chance to be the most winning car next to the GT-40.

8. Re: WHY did it stop racing

For your imformation the Porsche 962&954 are the most winning cars in Le Mans history. The Porsche GT1R is still better thatn the McLaren F1 GTR.

9. Re: WHY did it stop racing

Who gives a flying #$%# about 0-60 in a 24 hour race!

10. Re: WHY did it stop racing

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dr Porsche</i>
    <b>For your imformation the Porsche 962&954 are the most winning cars in Le Mans history. The Porsche GT1R is still better thatn the McLaren F1 GTR.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

956 and 962 in that order.

956 , not 954 !!!