Why Diss This Car?????

Discussion in '1995 Ford GT90 Concept' started by SupraMan, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Have You nothing better to do?
    This car is awsome and i doubt you guys who diss this car could ever do any better!

2. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

See you have nothing to say cause you are wrong!

3. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

I don't know why people are dising this car, it's the best ford I've seen yet. People don't stop saying that mclaren is better and that it will kill this car, McLaren builds F1's and ford makes ford focus, this car is a big inprovement for ford. All what they have to do is put in production for it to burn all of your geo metros and show you this is the best ford.

4. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

i wonder if chevy is ever going to come out with a concept to rival the ford gt90

5. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Well they just cant.

6. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

The GT90 is, without a doubt, one of the ugliest concepts ever produced. I don't care if it beats the McLaren in a 0-60 sprint by 1/10 of a second or has more HP, the McLaren has a faster top speed and is 100 times more beautiful.

7. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

You really like criticising cars dont you. Why do you have to bring your crap into my thread which is about people like you!?
    BTW. What does looks have to do with performance?

8. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Because it sucks. sure it has a great top speed, good styling but, This is all they could do with a Quad Turbo (4 turbos) V12. four extra turbos and this is all they do. There is a Twin Turbo V8 or V12 (cant remember) that goes faster than this. see my point ford could have done better

9. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Are you complaining about the Performance specs? U gotta be kidding me! I aint even gonna dignify that with a response!

10. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Hey #$%# face their are different types of turbochargers that put out different psi so you never know those four turbos probably put out same psi combined as the two turbos on that car you are talking about. Ford could probably tune the turbos to put out more psi and give this thing like 1000hp if they wanted to so quick being an ignorant dick head.

11. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Look Jackass, I've Had Enough Of Your Negative Opinions, You Know What, I Wonder When The Gt-40 Comes Back And Starts Its Ferrari Smokin Spree, What Your Gonna Say Then? Let Me Guess, The Driver That Was Driving The Ferrari Was A Noob? Lame Excuse Probably Coming From A Lamer Such As Yourself, Face It Jackass, If This Car Ever Went Into Production, It Would Probably Beat Any Ferrari You Name

12. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

hey dickhead, if you have a r34 v-spec nur then i'd be worried, the latest is an m-spec.
    do you have shit for brains or no maybe you couldnt tell the difference between shit and clay.

13. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

your dumbness eludes me.

14. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

I'm sure you recognize the irony of telling someone you're not giving him a response. And yes, fast as this is, it's a pretty ugly car.

15. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

I share the same opinion as you, except on one point: I'm not so fond of the new GT40 because it handles like a school bus, sure fast is good, light helps the handling, but when it handles like a school bus there's no point to making it any lighter until they make a few changes.

p.s. I don't have personal experience driving the GT40, but I have read a number of articles claiming that it handles very poorly, and although GT (GT3 A-spec in particular) isn't entirely accurate in the dimensions, engine outputs, weight distribution, etc. I think they got the handling of the GT40 nailed quite accurately, and my experience driving it in the game supports the "school bus theory".

16. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Your joking right? You are saying the new Ford GT has bad handling because it does in a game? There is no way to know if it will have good handling or not until it is produced so that was a dumb post.

17. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

No, I'm saying that it handles badly because a number of people who have tested it have indicated outright that it DOES handle poorly.

(The handling in the game only applies because the designers of GT3 {a-spec} made sure their simulation of weight transfer, weight distribution, responsiveness, etc. is quite accurate. All those factors being based on the actual vehicle's dimensions, weight, overall weight distribution, steering system, etc. And it they did nail all those performance factors quite accurately - ie: cars in the game respond and handle similarly to REAL cars I've driven {and I have a budding rally career - that is progressing slowly due to the need for higher education - so I've driven quite a few cars}. I mean the Game is certainly not something to base a theory on, however it does add a degree of confirmation)

p.s. I knew the next response would be something like yours. No, I'm saying that it handles badly because a number of people who have tested it have indicated outright that it DOES handle poorly.

(The handling in the game only applies because the designers of GT3 made sure their simulation of weight transfer, weight distribution, responsiveness, etc. is quite accurate. All those factors being based on the actual vehicle's dimensions, weight, overall weight distribution, steering system, etc. And it they did nail all those performance factors quite accurately - ie: cars in the game respond and handle similarly to REAL cars I've driven . I mean the Game is certainly not something to base a theory on, however it does add a degree of confirmation)

p.s. I knew the next response would be something like yours.

18. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Actually you still cannot tell until the production version comes out. Also If they even did test this car then it wa the concept not the production version. If this car handles like the original then it will very good steering. Usually mid engine cars have good handling.

19. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

only if the weight is distributed well, if it isn't then it kinda defeats the purpose of mid-engine design doesn't it.
    Case and point, if you look at Ford's history of mid-engine vehicles, based on how poor the handling of the RS200 was, the GT40 doesn't look very promising.

20. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

The new GT40 is gonna rock this world, shake up a few chevy and holden fans.

21. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

If you want to compare a real car to a game, get your head on straight. I have an example why games are fake. Have you ever played Ford Racing. They have Kumas to Couguars and Mustangs to F-150s. The last car on the game is the GT-90 and it is not driveable. All throughout 1st gear it is spinning out and you cannot turn unless you want to face the other direction. The car before it is the mustang and it handles just as poorly. They do this to make the game difficult, not so its realistic. People play games for the challenge and not to write a history report on.

Now for the GT-40. You are judging it from a game and pictures. The car is fast and handles like a dream. You just ask the people who drove it in the 1960's in LeMans. All that they changedin the new car is made it faster, longer, a little taller, and new technology in it like shocks. Where do you get the idea that it handles like a "school bus." If you are going to say a game. Don't mention it again on this forum because the new car has only been driven by test drivers employed by Ford's SVT unit and maybe top executives in Ford. Not by game makers.

22. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

is this guy being serious, or just playing around, i don't know to laugh or what. first there is a reason this car became a legend, and won four races in a row. second i dout any one who owns this car from the past is going to let some game company push this thing to the limit. third who cares if the game company got the waight and dimension right and so made the handling from there, there is so much more that that to handling. please do not respond by backing up your game theory, it will not be true. and lastly when you said the fr200 that thing beat the z06 through a course so it can pretty much out handle most cars under 80 grand.

again do not try to back up your game theory my friend is acually working in animtion company and he has alot of experience with how the programing works.

23. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Read this quote.

I don't know much about the original GT90, but from what I've read, the original handled much better than the new one.

And Mariowrc, all those things are the most basic steps to making a car handle well.

24. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

as you mentioned the basics but not the hole thing. there is lot more than that. i don't think its even two third of a good handling car.

25. Re: Why Diss This Car?????

Anybody can make any car handle well, but those things are necessary to really make a car handle well.