Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by V8stangman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

I lost count. Every time I'm riding my Stang, there is always somebody daring me. Sometime I go for it, sometime I don't. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

Yes, what integra are you talking about? A GRS and a type are could beat a V6 Mustang, or an old 4 cylinder fox bodied mustang....but not a GT.

I think that people always want to race them, because they are so well known for being good drag racing cars. People often assume that if they bought that car, that they will be wanting to race, cause their car is a good drag racer out of the box. Also, most mustangs arent stock, and people realise they are tuner cars, and people want to see how much is done to the car.

Uhh, but why are you comparing it to a corrolla? Thats like saying, "I dont understand, when i drive my SS Camaro, people are always reving at me, but when i drive my nissan quest mini van, noone revs at me, what gives?"

But what are you talking about a "piffling 300hp" ? Uhhhh, yea, what does a Supra TT, designed IN 1992 make? 320HP and 310lb ft of torque.....and thats in 1993, and what does a brand new(not 2003) Mustang Cobra make....about that. So what is lame about a Supras HP? I mean, heck, an RX7 doesnt even make 300 HP, only 255, and it has twin turbos.....but its also a 2800lb car with a 1.3L....and despite the fact it doesnt make 300HP, it can still run 5.1 second 0-60 times. I mean, a Supra engine is 3.0L and has twin turbos....and makes alot of power. A Cobra has a 4.6L engine and makes alot of power. So basicly, its just two differnt ways to skin a cat. I mean, what kind of numbers would you be impressed by? 500HP? If the Supra engine was 5.0L and twin turbo it could probably come close to that from the factory....there is always, "well if"s. If for instance a car came out with a twin turbod v6, yet was only 1.8L, would you be asking why it wasnt making 400HP from the factory?? You shouldnt, it wouldnt for obvious reasons.

Also, where in the hell did you hear that you can take a Mustang, adn get over 900HP for less than a Supra. You must be joking. I really didnt know that you could buy a used mustang and get over 900HP for under $20K. Do you really think its as easy as taking a big block, and slapping on a SC, and making that kind of power. Uhhhh, think again. Fords BOSS Mustang made 850HP.....and do you have any idea how much ford spent on that engine....try $53K....and it was still so far removed from a street car it wasnt even close....its was a pure race car that broke down(broken engine no less) 3 times in 2 days. And thats Ford, they have the experience and expertise.

Im definatly not saying you cant make a Mustang faster than a Supra for less than the price of a used Supra. Thats very doable, and is done all the time. But so, that doesnt say that much. Take a Buick Grand National, and for about $1000 in mods you can be into the low 11s in the quarter mile. Hell, there are guys out there who have gotten their old Chysler Kcars into the 10s for under $5000. I mean, you say that you could take a big block, adn stick it into a mustang and it would be a rocket.....uhhh, yea, you could do the same thing to just about any rear wheel drive car. Take a freaking $200 Toyota Starlet, wedge a big block in the engine bay, add a trans and a rear end, it will be a complete rocket as well.

Mustangs do get challenged to races alot. But they arent the only ones. z28, SS Camaros, Firebirds, Supras, ect...all often get challenged. People want to race a car that is challenging, and unless you have a REALLY fast car, a Mustang GT will definately be challenging.

3. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lingenfelter</i>
    <b>They want to race mustangs cause they want to show you how much of a slow POS girls car you are driveing even with mods a 5.0 will never beat a camaro with mods</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->What a moron! The 94 5.0 is the lightest Mustang and anyone that knows anything about motors knows that a 5.0 with mods is a lethal machine. Ever wonder why you see so many pre-94 Mustangs with 5.0s that drag race? Because of the wide variety of parts available for the 5.0 and its capabilites. You should be crapping in your pants thinking that a 4.6L Mustang is pushing the limits of the Big Vettes. I dont care if it is S/C they are still pushing the Vettes with an engine that is a full Liter smaller in size! <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

*Yawn*

Never heard of NMRA? National Mustang Racers Association, try to catch an event sometime, people racing Mustangs with the old box style of the 80s all the way up to 2002 Mustang chassis, even dragsters pumping out 2000+ HP. If you haven't seen a NMRA event yet, this Spring is the time to see it, Lance Carter is hitting the strip with his 2000+ HP 10.5 Mustang powered by a blown Chevy big block. He also wants to set the first 200MPH pass on the 10.5. Suddenly a 900 HP Mustang with a big block under the hood doesn't seem like such a far off dream now does it?

I'm not aiming for 900 HP, I'm aiming for how ever much I can get. As for me being an internet surfer, far from it. I'm working my way up in the shop at Pep Boys, it's how all mechanics there had to start, as an installer, changing tires, oil, batteries, alternators, charging system diagnostic, all that quick and easy stuff. Next set of open ASE courses are in the spring, so until then, I'm out of luck. I'll admit I don't know everything, no one does, but I'm always asking questions and assisting the master techs in the engine jobs, because no matter what that book or class can teach you, nothing beats hands on experience.

Since your being a smart ass, let me correct you:

"Getting the 600HP part isnt hard...since a 500HP/460 big block is like $4000"

Incorrect. Remanned engine assembly of the 460 is $1,426. I should know, it was an engine offered in 84 for the F-150s along with the 300 I6 (What I currently have), 302, 351W, and 460, not to forget the diesel. Whenever I have free time at work, I'm in front of one the service workstations getting price quotes. Include my employee discount, $1,141 for a remanned 460. I originally picked the 400 to put in the proposed Mustang, because if I picked the 460, people like you come along and call me know nothing and that I just picked the biggest engine I could find

"But what does that say about a mustang...umm, jack squat. All you are basicly saying is, that its possible to build a 900HP 460 big block engine for around $15K....and its possible to put it in a Mustang(which has no engine even remotly close to this)."

Stock, of course not, but as I showed you above, plenty of people throw big blocks into their Mustang, so I wouldn't be the first, nor the last.

Yes I am talking about an engine, right now. In case you didn't know, an engine is what powers the car!!! The more available power the better, would a Mustang with a 100 HP engine outrace a Mustang with a 375 HP engine, with the only difference being in the engines? Alright Mr. God Of All Racing Knowledge, please tell me what I need to do to the Mustang. You act like you know it all, so tell me, what do I need to do to the Mustang's body? Uncle Ben it out? Maybe throw some "phat" chrome rims or Daytons? Add some racing stickers? What, tell me Almighty God Of Racing Knowledge. Show to me your no internet racer.

"Also, i highly doubt you know anything close to enough to do that project, dont fool yourself man, you wouldnt know where to buy a Ford repair manual."

Aisle 6, all the way at the end on the left, $11.99, I borrowed one for my F-150.

Anyways, what matter is it to you what I do with my money, my cars? It's not like you live next door to me and have to race me or anything, why do you care so much? My money, my cars, I'll do what the #$%# I want with them, ok?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

because anything can beat it.

6. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

That is a great story.

7. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BrownDoggie</i>
    <b>The Ford fuel-injected 302 is the second most modified block in the world, next to the pre-1986 Chevy 350. They are both great engines. All things being equal, a modified '85 350 in a Z-28 could comparably match an '85 fox-body 5.0 liter, same cash in/same horsepower out. Remembering, ofcourse, that the Mustang is lighter, but the 350 started out life a little stronger, they'd easily be equal matches.

Give respect to the Mustang and the Camaro, but don't try pawning crap like "modified Camaro would smoke it." Some would, some wouldn't; they'd both beat an Integra any day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Agreed

8. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 4agze</i>
    <b>Also, where in the hell did you hear that you can take a Mustang, adn get over 900HP for less than a Supra. You must be joking. I really didnt know that you could buy a used mustang and get over 900HP for under $20K. Do you really think its as easy as taking a big block, and slapping on a SC, and making that kind of power. Uhhhh, think again. Fords BOSS Mustang made 850HP.....and do you have any idea how much ford spent on that engine....try $53K....and it was still so far removed from a street car it wasnt even close....its was a pure race car that broke down(broken engine no less) 3 times in 2 days. And thats Ford, they have the experience and expertise.

Im definatly not saying you cant make a Mustang faster than a Supra for less than the price of a used Supra. Thats very doable, and is done all the time. But so, that doesnt say that much. Take a Buick Grand National, and for about $1000 in mods you can be into the low 11s in the quarter mile. Hell, there are guys out there who have gotten their old Chysler Kcars into the 10s for under $5000. I mean, you say that you could take a big block, adn stick it into a mustang and it would be a rocket.....uhhh, yea, you could do the same thing to just about any rear wheel drive car. Take a freaking $200 Toyota Starlet, wedge a big block in the engine bay, add a trans and a rear end, it will be a complete rocket as well.

Mustangs do get challenged to races alot. But they arent the only ones. z28, SS Camaros, Firebirds, Supras, ect...all often get challenged. People want to race a car that is challenging, and unless you have a REALLY fast car, a Mustang GT will definately be challenging. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Reread my post, take a 94 Ford Mustang GT with a blown engine (Blue Book private party value of $5,975), take the blown 5.0L out, drop a Ford 400 6.6L (Clevite master kit: $444 or completely remanned with Clevite for about $1,200). Performance camshafts, performance cylinder heads, performance fuel injection system, performance ignition system, performance cat-backs and running the pipes out the left side of the vehicle (No muffler). At that, you already have 650HP @ 6000 RPM and 700 HP @ 6500 RPM. Throw a B&M 250 PowerCharger Roots-style blower on it and you got 730 HP @ 6000 RPM. Throw an air-to-air intercooler into the mix, 760 HP @ 6000 RPM.

Or you could go for the gusto...

Remove the Roots-style blower and air-to-air intercooler and put on a Paxton NOVI 2000 supercharger with a air-to-water intercooler (Exactly what this Cobra has) and you have 930 HP @ 6000 RPM. More than just raw HP too, just over 800 ft-lbs of torque from 5000 to 6500 RPM.

All in all, less than a Supra Turbo.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

You would still need to brace the Chassie, buy a new tranny, new rear end gears, new wheels, and brakes. The engine could handle the proposed HP, but the car I don't think the rest of the car could (meaning it could, but you would have to modify it)

10. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

the reason mustangs get challenged so often is because they are beatable. i always race mustangs, civics, and other cars simply because i know it will be a good race. then again i know better than to race a camaro ss, a firebird, an m3, or a corvette. dont take pride that your being challenged because it shows that the person in the other car knows he has a chance against you. for the past decade mustangs have been an easy car to beat for import tuners. its nice to finally see a mustang that can beat the 4 cylinder ricers.

11. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

You fail to mention what you drive... yet you claim you can beat Mustangs, plural, and pretty much say this is the only Mustang that can beat a ricer....

No amount of weed can make that statement come true. Ever race a 94 GT? If I'm not mistaken, it was the lightest Mustang with the 5.0L 302, which is a race proven engine. An engine popular among many TRUE street tuners.

Please tell me what you drive and what mods you've done to it that makes you think you can beat any and all Mustangs but this one.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

sorry, i drive an 86 bmw 535i 4 door with tri flo exaust, dinan chip, and k&n pwer flow air filter. i cant beat any mustang nor did i say i could. i only meant that when i pull up to new model mustang gt's it will be a fun race. i know better than to race the new model camaro's because and firebirds because i dont stand a chance

13. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

agian sorry as i posted my last reponse too soon an accident. but the reason for my first response was because of the lack of performance that ford has shown in their new models. i like the old model mustangs and know a lot of friends who have tweaked out versions. however, ford has been lacking in power in the new model and i was only stating my enthusiast toward this new performer. this new enthusiasm has been sparked by the article about this car in the march 2002 article of car and driver. the main point that i failed to convey was that i am happy that the mustang is finally getting back to its roots of a high performance car at a low price.

14. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

"Reread my post, take a 94 Ford Mustang GT with a blown engine (Blue Book private party value of $5,975), take the blown 5.0L out, drop a Ford 400 6.6L (Clevite master kit: $444 or completely remanned with Clevite for about $1,200). Performance camshafts, performance cylinder heads, performance fuel injection system, performance ignition system, performance cat-backs and running the pipes out the left side of the vehicle (No muffler). At that, you already have 650HP @ 6000 RPM and 700 HP @ 6500 RPM. Throw a B&M 250 PowerCharger Roots-style blower on it and you got 730 HP @ 6000 RPM. Throw an air-to-air intercooler into the mix, 760 HP @ 6000 RPM.

Or you could go for the gusto...

Remove the Roots-style blower and air-to-air intercooler and put on a Paxton NOVI 2000 supercharger with a air-to-water intercooler (Exactly what this Cobra has) and you have 930 HP @ 6000 RPM. More than just raw HP too, just over 800 ft-lbs of torque from 5000 to 6500 RPM.

All in all, less than a Supra Turbo. "

You are kidding right. Please, please oh please show me a single 94 Mustang that have EVER COME CLOSE to getting a 900HP car, for under $18K That is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard. Okay, its sooo easy, like you said to just do all that stuff. I like the way you use the term "throw on" alot. Yeah, i can see it is quite clear you are an internet racer, and have never been in contact with any real modified cars, mustang or otherwise....or if you have, you havent a clue as to whats involved. I love this. Also, i love the way this totally unmodified bottom end is able to somehow handle the 900HP you are proposing. Major IHRA teams spend hundreds of thousands of dollars building cars with around 1000HP. You are so misinformed about the actual work and money, and tooling, and development, and cost of what is involved with making a 900HP mustang. Show me a single 900HP mustang that was done for less than $18K. Okay, wait....that last under boost for more than 3 seconds. Do you really think its that easy. If so, there would be hundreds of thousands of Mustang owners with 900HP mustangs, that they built for less than the price of a Honda Civic, and winning like every IHRA event and Ford event they go to. Get real.

Getting the 600HP part isnt hard...since a 500HP/460 big block is like $4000. But what does that say about a mustang...umm, jack squat. All you are basicly saying is, that its possible to build a 900HP 460 big block engine for around $15K....and its possible to put it in a Mustang(which has no engine even remotly close to this). So, its also possible to build the same engine, and put it is a freaking Chevette....but that doesnt say squat about the chevette. All you are arguing, is that its possible to build this big block into 900HP....how is that remotely related to a Mustang??? Its not. Your just talking about an engine. Like ive repeated like 10 thousand times....saying its possible to put a huge high HP engine into a mustang, and beat a Supra isnt saying anything....as its the same case with a damn Toyota Stalet...which in fact would probably be alittle quicker since it has a 1000lb weight advantage. Thats not saying anything.

I mean, you could go through a list a mile long of cars that can be made to smoke a Supra for very little money.
    I mean, if you ganna build up this el cheepo 900HP engine, why put it is a mustang....why not put it in a MG midgit?
    Mustangs can be made to smoke Supras for not much money at all. But im talking about modifying the actual mustang. Cause once again, what the funk does it matter which chassis you put in your high HP big block in?

Also, i highly doubt you know anything close to enough to do that project, dont fool yourself man, you wouldnt know where to buy a Ford repair manual.

Hey, hey, i can take a pinto, put a big block in it, and smoke a Supra TT for like $5K...YIPEEEE, i guess that proves a Supra is an overpriced underpower POS!!!

15. I notice it here because egos run high and favoritism comes into play, but I got to witness it first hand today. One of my co-workers had always told me about his 94 Mustang GT (The 5.0L). He hadn't told anyone else in the shop about it, he doesn't brag much. Well he brought it into the shop and he let me, and only me, see what he had under the hood. It wasn't much, he's still working on it, but at the moment he has MSD performance ignition, performance coil, performance distributor cap and rotor. That was it under the hood, other than he had polished the intake. For exhaust, he simply removed the mufflers, ran the pipes straight from the cats. He swapped out the wheels and tires for a better combo, no slicks though.

No one else knew what he had, other than the obvious wheel and tire combo, but everyone, even customers were challenging him to a race. He declined all offers because he doesn't race, yet. He's raced all of once and that was against an insistant 98 Mustang 4.6L owner, which a 5.0L with mods against a stock 4.6L is no contest.

Acuras to Hondas to Chevys to Pontiacs, everyone wanted a piece of this Mustang they knew nothing about.

Why? You don't see people begging to race Civics, Accords or Corrollas, so why are people begging to race a Mustang? I believe it is they feel they have something to prove. They are completely insecure until they know they can beat a Mustang in whatever car they drive. What do you guys think?<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

all i can say is im up in seattle with a 95 cobra, with pretty good mods, and i get challenged all the time. people must just be looking for something they think they can beat, its great when they are seeing my taillights in their windshield

17. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

My dad has a 2000 Mustang GT, and it seems that we always have guys wanting to race us. A Viper passed us and we pulled up on him and we just weaved in and out of traffic with the Viper playing road games knowing good and well that with a little pressure on the Viper's accelerator and he would smoke our tails but he didnt it was just fun. We had a Firebird Ram-Air wanting to race, Z28 wanting to race, I raced a cavalier in it, and a very old Oldsmobile 423 (??) challenged us on the freeway in Dallas. In all cases we didnt try to instigate anything. I believe its just the thought of Mustang being a nice classic roadcar that is awesome to drive.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

I have had my 87 stang for a year now and I have been challenged to many times. There is times I want to challenge other people just for fun. I guess the mustangs are the car to beat now a days.

19. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

Civics, Accords, and Corollas are lighter and cheaper than Mustangs. Perhaps what they are trying to prove, is that you wasted your money. Why only those cars? Why didn't you mention the Integra? Thats a Honda and would smoke your Mustangs. And you know you fear the 300ZXs, Supras, and RX-7s on the road, why didn't anyone mention them?
    With the cash you wasted on your sluggish, ugly and cro-magnon engineered car, you could have a very sweet Supra.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

There is only one RX-7 people fear around here, and it's a bright yellow one, 1994. He's got a loud exhaust on it, but that's not all, he's tuned it all wrong. He doesn't get any real performance until he hits high RPMs. People fear it because everyone builds up this big story about RX-7s dominating and even the best tuned RX-7s don't have over 600 HP. Peter Farrell, a man who's dedicated his life to tuning Mazda, can't get them above 600 on pump gas. That's why you see a lot of people taking the Wankel engine out and replacing it with a V8.

The point is, EVERYONE challenges a Mustang. Even the ones you claim we fear. I can build a Mustang with the Ford 400 big block V8 with a Roots-style blower pumping out 935 HP @ 6000 RPM for LESS than a Supra and it could beat the almighty Supra. The 94 Mustang GT is 50lbs lighter than the Supra. You can also buy lighter weight Mustang hoods for an even lighter Mustang.

I could buy a 1994 Mustang GT for 6K, maybe one with a blown motor for 4-4.5K, since I won't have a need for the 5.0L. Like I said drop the Ford 400 big block in it (Which is not the biggest Ford engine you can drop in a Mustang), I can get the engine for about $1,200. Lighter hood for $500, so let's see current cost:

$5,700

Compared to the current value of a Supra Turbo, I got about $20,000 to play with and we all know a blower, some cylinder heads, cam shafts, performance ignition and distributor cap/rotor with coil and a air-to-water intercooler do not cost $20,000. I can build a Supra killer off a Mustang chassis for less than the cost of the Supra.

What I love about Jap cars is they leave the factory with a turbo or twin turbo to reach a blinding 300 HP. Pffft. <!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dai Zhong The Marvelous Traveler</i>
    <b>Civics, Accords, and Corollas are lighter and cheaper than Mustangs. Perhaps what they are trying to prove, is that you wasted your money. Why only those cars? Why didn't you mention the Integra? Thats a Honda and would smoke your Mustangs. And you know you fear the 300ZXs, Supras, and RX-7s on the road, why didn't anyone mention them?
    With the cash you wasted on your sluggish, ugly and cro-magnon engineered car, you could have a very sweet Supra.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What integra are you talking about and what kind of race? And what kind of mustang will this integra you speak of beat? Sorry dude a stock integra will be smoked by a stock mustang gt and realy smoked by a stock cobra! Be a little more specific when you make a stupid comment like that! And when you put modified against modified you will never beat a stang with an integra there are way too many aftermarket parts and mods for the mustang to be beat by an integra.
    Well it can be done but requires more money and effort on the integra owners part. The mustang parts are cheap in cost and abundant in supply. That is why you see so many 5.0 mustangs dominating at some dragstrips.

22. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

They want to race mustangs cause they want to show you how much of a slow POS girls car you are driveing even with mods a 5.0 will never beat a camaro with mods<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

You are an idiot.

24. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

The Ford fuel-injected 302 is the second most modified block in the world, next to the pre-1986 Chevy 350. They are both great engines. All things being equal, a modified '85 350 in a Z-28 could comparably match an '85 fox-body 5.0 liter, same cash in/same horsepower out. Remembering, ofcourse, that the Mustang is lighter, but the 350 started out life a little stronger, they'd easily be equal matches.

Give respect to the Mustang and the Camaro, but don't try pawning crap like "modified Camaro would smoke it." Some would, some wouldn't; they'd both beat an Integra any day.

25. Re: Why Do People Always Challenge a Mustang to a Race?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84FordMan</i>
    <b> I notice it here because egos run high and favoritism comes into play, but I got to witness it first hand today. One of my co-workers had always told me about his 94 Mustang GT (The 5.0L). He hadn't told anyone else in the shop about it, he doesn't brag much. Well he brought it into the shop and he let me, and only me, see what he had under the hood. It wasn't much, he's still working on it, but at the moment he has MSD performance ignition, performance coil, performance distributor cap and rotor. That was it under the hood, other than he had polished the intake. For exhaust, he simply removed the mufflers, ran the pipes straight from the cats. He swapped out the wheels and tires for a better combo, no slicks though.

No one else knew what he had, other than the obvious wheel and tire combo, but everyone, even customers were challenging him to a race. He declined all offers because he doesn't race, yet. He's raced all of once and that was against an insistant 98 Mustang 4.6L owner, which a 5.0L with mods against a stock 4.6L is no contest.

Acuras to Hondas to Chevys to Pontiacs, everyone wanted a piece of this Mustang they knew nothing about.

Why? You don't see people begging to race Civics, Accords or Corrollas, so why are people begging to race a Mustang? I believe it is they feel they have something to prove. They are completely insecure until they know they can beat a Mustang in whatever car they drive. What do you guys think?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the mustang is one of the BIG BOYS...so everyone wants to see how well their car does against 1 of em...lots o poeple want to race a Camaro...and i know, i wish i had a dime for every time someone wanted to race me,...and u gotta know when a mustang or Camaro pulls up to each other...its an unwritten rule, that they MUST race<!-- Signature -->