why do you...

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by Axis of Evil, Oct 31, 2002.

1. Re: why do you...

its not that far behind in fuel economy really, a vette will get 30 mpg on the highway and 20 in town. and im very aware that the civic is supposed to be an economy car, but the hundreds of thousands of Fucking idiots out there who drag race them from redlight to redlight, that i can outrun in my 2 and a half ton ford bronco, do not realize this, they think civics are fast, hell even the civic type R could only be called quick, but if you told the average Rycer than the camaro z28's you see on the road everyday would assrape it in a drag race, they would think you were smoking something

2. Re: why do you...

There will always be the people who build their cars for show, and those that build them for go and those that are just plain idiots that fit into neither but think they do. This is true for every type of car. Sure there's a ton of badly done civics but I'm willing to bet there is a matching number of mustangs. I belive it comes from a lack of education and an unwillingness to learn.

3. Re: Re:

I diss idiots. Including you.

4. Re: why do you...

The other day, I saw a Mustang with Altezza lights, lowered on big stupid chrome rims, a HUGE wing, 2 giant sized exhaust "tips" and get this... a "TYPE-R" sticker on his windshield!!! WTF??? it appears this retard is confused.... rycetang?? MUAHAHAHA
    Domestic people always make me laugh. They also get pissed when I beat them with my Civic as well...

700HPCIVIC
    "dude, you just got beat by a Civic. I bet you feel retarded now??"

5. Re: why do you...

you beating anything is just as imaginary as your 700 hp civic, oh btw, why dont you tell us what mods you have done to your 700 hp civic?

6. Re: why do you...

"700HPCIVIC
    "dude, you just got beat by a Civic. I bet you feel retarded now??""

-I suppose if you put 30 psi in anything it will be fast. How's the torque stear?

7. Re: why do you...

HELLo

8. Re: why do you...

asdjfasdkl;jf;askldfasd

9. Re: why do you...

Sadly, this is more intelligent than half of the posts.

10. Re: why do you...

We bag out the Jap cars because they are crap. Do any other country in the world make a 2 litre inline 4 that is meant for performance? Take Britain, they have the right idea. Bentley makes a car that has a 6.75 litre V12, weighs 2 tons, and still accelerates faster than this. Not to mention the added luxury. If people spend 100k plus on their Honda S2000, then they can obviously afford a Jaguar XK for 188,000. The bottom line is
    Jap is crap.
    To go, it's got to be Euro.

11. Re: why do you...

i agree hell i mean shit if anybody waste 100 grnd on a s2000 look at better cars for example a dodge acr only about 85,000 or go with a sport bike those are way faster and cheap than the pos civic or whatever or u could buy a porche or a used ferrari for around that price

12. Re: why do you...

The japanese combine the reliability and quality of European cars and package them at an affordable price. Most are designed to be daily drivers that are fuel efficient. While I agree that spending $100,000 on a civic is a little wasteful. Japanese cars have smaller engines because gas costs a fortune in Japan and the emission standards are really crazy. Look at the skyline. Fuel efficient, smaller engine, lowerer emissions, really damn fast. Besides, Bently would have its ass handed to it by GM. They know how to run with big displacement.

13. Re: why do you...

I am aware of the limitations of the Japanese economy, and of the restrictions of the Japanese government. I just don't understand why people would take a commuter, every day, lets have a drive around Tokyo car and try to make it something that can beat a car completely out of its class? I agree Japan makes good SMALL engine cars that are reliable. An inline 4 can perform, just not with a V8 or higher. Just plain common sence.

14. Re: why do you...

What about a skyline? What class is it in?

15. Re: why do you...

I'll still reply, but it is a bit silly seeing as how this forum is about a civic. I would classify skylines in the small to medium range cars. The biggest engine they have is a 3 liter, back in the old editions. I have heard that there is a new 2.7 litre model coming out. Japanese cars are difficult to class because the Japanese rationale seems to be smaller engine, bigger turbo. The engines are small, but well tuned and operate very efficiently, even if VTEC is just a fancy term for overhead cam.

16. Re: why do you...

Goofballs? Lets not resort to profanity.

17. Re: why do you...

Very true but thats just the Japanese way I suppose. Its just like people criticizing American cars for too much displacement with not nough power. Of course everyone knows the Americans own the V8.

18. Re: why do you...

if americans own the V8
    how come there are a lot of SMALLER european
    V8's which give out more power and torque ?

19. Re: why do you...

Because Europeans don't understand pushrods. Now go home.

20. Re: why do you...

a rycer is some one that takes a slow car, and makes it look fast, i.e. a civic with a body kit, and a spoiler.
    even lowered mustang, with an aftermarket spoiler, and new wheel's = ryce

any car, american, jap. or euro. can be a rycer

i've seen ryced out civic's, mustang's, and BMW's.

ok, now, rycers are dumb!!!
    why take a slow car and make it look fast, when it still does 1/4's in high 18's??? thats retarded.

i love jap. cars, and euro. car's

the main reasion i hate american cars, is because i like to drive cars that last over 150,000 miles, and american car's just don't do that.

besides, even if a toyota costs up to $3,000 more then a ford, it's worth it, when the ford drives 150,000 miles, and the toyota goes 340,000 miles.
    and in the long rug, 2 fords cost more then 1 toyota.

21. Re: why do you...

sorry but i hate 4 cyl, i cant stand when kids try to make them fast because its just not possible, i dont see why u would try to make a slow car fast, y dont these kids jus get a 95 mustang gt or somethiing, o well just had to throw my 2 cents in

22. Re: why do you...

dude same here

23. Re: why do you...

The problem I have with all these imports is that when you get an I4 to put out horsepower in the 200s, there is nearly no aftermarket left on the car (example= Honda S2000)

24. Civics aren't fast.........but they are a good economy car

I hate the civic kids up here in NH but I'm not into the domestic thing either. The one thing I hate the most is the little punk kid whos next to me at the lights with all these decals on his car, a coffee can exhaust and a huge stupid wing........uhhhh i hate that i ask whats the point? Well i guess if thats their thing then go for it but when i roll up in my stock maxima and blow you away all those performance parts are all for nothing and I'll laugh as I drive away.On the other end of the spectrum the civic is an awesome economy car no question! Awesome gas mileage, good city car,good to go for 200thou+ the list goes on for the practicality for this car. By the way Honda is an awesome car company and that'll never change....but i prefer Nissan but thats only my opinion and not a fact.

25. Re: why do you...

American cars rule.