Why does everyone hate this car???

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by CarreraGtRacer, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Good Looks, good performance, reliable company what is possibly bad about this except for maybe it can use a rear seats?

2. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

MY point exactly!

3. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

I really don't have a response to your question, i just wanted to tell you that I think you have one of the coolest avatars on these forums. I recognize the guy (well, at least until his head pops)from
    somewhere, an actor maybe. Is that from a movie, or just something you found online?

4. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

I think rear seats would ruin it.

5. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Because it has little torque but lots of hp so honda could market that it has the best hp/L for na cars also good looks is debatable. Another thing check the price tag!!!!! most people would rather a coupe?

6. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

The torque curve bites it, but has anyone ever driven this lil-devil?
    When it first came out, I just had to see what a car that redlines @8900 could do. So I test drove one.
    Its more fun than a barrel of monkies to drive, u just have to keep the tach above 4500.

7. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

I think I would rather have the barrel of monkies than try to keep the tach above 4500 in traffic. Especially if they were helper monkies that would do my bidding. I would unleash them unto the city to return at the stroke of midnight with many a Ferrari. Plus a barrel is almost always useful.

8. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

whats funny is this isnt the best N/A hp/L car

9. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

yeah i know it isn't but that was their aim at the time it was being released

10. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

true it is becoming dated

11. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

I don't think its so much that people hate this car but that Honda #%$s praise it every chance they get, making other car lovers want to show them its not as hot sh*t as they think it is. I like the car somewhat, its pretty quick, it has good hp/per liter but you don't sell sports cars on that, you sell sports cars on overall everything, and for the money, there are many other cars I would prefer. To me, it is the epitome of ricing, even though its stock, and I hate pulling up next to idiots in civics with a CAI who think they run 10 second 1/4s. Obviously, this car is much faster than your everyday civic, but nonetheless a Honda 4 cyl who many proclaim as fast.

12. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

S2000.. That car is a MARVELOUS CAR !
    What next ? So the American are comparing (im talking about the fanatics americans)
    that car to they're little 7.0 L 300hp Diesel of a killing torque pick up with that little 2.0L who is (sorry for saying that) kicking ass to all sports car with categorie..
    take the boxter .. no way..
    Boxster S , yes it's a good comparison
    Slk ? Let me laugh (the s2000 is killing that car)
    Z3 1.9L ? No way..
    and the 3.0L have same performance 0 to 100.. that is not that bmw is bad in sport car.. that is honda is the best

13. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Yep, the S2000 is faster than all other cars in its class (or just as fast).

Yet (and this is for all you who are complaining about the price) it's more than $10,000 cheaper than all the other cars in its class ($10,000 cheaper than the next cheapest anyway). The only car in the same class that's cheaper is the Miata, and that isn't nearly as fast. So if you want a good roadster, there's no better one than the S2000.

14. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

I like to see that i am not the only one who likes good cars :)
    .. i am sorry for my english (iam from switzerland)
    The s2000 is a great car, i want to have it it's the best..
    in my region there is one man who have it.. when the s2000 come near to me, you just feel the power, the silence (under 6200rpm), and the marvelous sonorosation of honda v-tec..
    that's all

15. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

You would need an awful lot of monkies (more than you can fit in a barrel) to scurry out into the night and lift a ferrari home lol.

16. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

you know you are absolutly riight. Honnda is a reliable company and all but i personly dont like s200 as much as preludes.no hard feelings.

17. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Why have rear seats??? it would spoil the look of the car! the reason people hate this car is because anyone that ones one knows that these things MOVE!. we pay just over £23K for an S2000 and it will beat a porsh boxeter HANDS DOWN in a race. The honda S2000 looks great Here are some examples

18. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

People hate this car because they haven't driven it.

1) Everyone I've taken for a joy ride in the S2000 absolutely loves it.
    2) I convinced 3 people that this is the car they want to seriously buy. (Need to talk to Honda about referal $$)
    3) For anyone who thinks it's slow, get a friend to take you for a socially irresponsible spin.
    4) I don't care if you are a hater, a Mustang nut, a Corvette nut, just try it for yourself.

I will agree it's not the fastest, but I dare anyone to challenge that it's not the most fun car to drive (this side of $100K).

19. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

So true, why buy a Porsche Boxter when you can buy this car for cheaper and still smoke one

20. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Koshiro, you are sooo right. I underestimated this car. My friend's brother has one and he took me for a ride today. The handling under high speed cornering is absolutly fantastic. The car is stiff through the corners with barely any body roll. The sound of the engine hitting VTEC is nothing short of orgasmic. And its a convertable so the ladies will be all over it!!!!!

21. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

The reason some people hate this car is because it's torque sucks, but that's what makes this little roadster neat. Driving at high RPM's must be a hell of a breath-taking expeirience! I would love to take this baby out on twisty roads!

22. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Not really, sometimes people underestimate this car because of it's power or because it's a Honda

23. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Make now mistake about the torque either, considering it is such a light weight it still takes off pretty quick. It is faster then Mustang GT's in the quarter mile with barely more then half the torque, another factor in this is that if you are really going to drive it fast in a straight line you launch at about 8000RPM, V-TEC engagement is 6200RPM so you don't really even have to go through the slower RPM to reach engagement and the car is geared so low thatif you redline each gear you will be above V-TEC by the time you shift into the next one. This car has decent launches but its high end is where it really starts to take off.

24. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

People hate it because: "I want the power now!!!" with this thing you have to wait untill rpms goes high, and is a lot more fun to have the power sooner (thanks to lots of torque). It cost a lot for the acceleration it provides (compare to 350Z/G35, Mustang GT/Mach1). And finally because it is a good example of "Hp sells cars, but Torque moves them", for referenc see C&D evaluation of 350Z vs Mach1 vs S2000 vs Audi TT.

25. Re: Why does everyone hate this car???

Well, it's not exactly like that. If you've ever watched the tachometer in one of these, there isn't a lot of time before VTEC engages. Sure, you have to wait, but not as long as you made it sound.