Why is 'Pride' a sin?

Discussion in 'mclaren777's Website Forum' started by 2XTREME FUSION GTR, Sep 26, 2004.

1. We actually do something. We decide which way to go. If you do the way of the devil, it's your fault for making the wrong choice. You will be punished for making the wrong choice.

I did a bible study with a friend about this last week. I'm not sure who the author was. But it was in some book written shortly after WWII and the 40th edition or something of the book is out now.

It said pride is the greatest sin of all. Though I don't entirely agree with it being the greatest sin of all, I'm pretty sure it is high up there.

2. So when you do something good/well, it was because of god, but when you, say, murder someone, God declines to accept credit for it? god's pretty awesome.

3. So when you do something good/well, it was because of god, but when you, say, murder someone, god declines to accept credit for it? god's pretty awesome.

4. Thank you, Mclaren, for deleting my post. Your obvious objectivity and ability to hold an actual discussion is severly limited.

5. Well the "free" will thing blows my mind as well, I can do various things good or bad, but the omnipotence of God suggests that he knows what I will choose to do anyway...

It seems counter-intuitive that I can make "choices" that God already know the outcome of...

Doesn't seem absolutely "free", maybe there's another word for it, "free within the earthly realm"...