why isn't it on the price list

Discussion in '1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe' started by gottacatchup, May 29, 2003.

1. This car can easily sell for over $1,000,000 but is left off the list, this really needs to be fixed.

2. Re: why isn't it on the price list

No. Back when Shelby did indeed sell the first race version, it sold for next to nothing.

3. Re: why isn't it on the price list

yeah next to nothing, $15000USD like it says on the spec sheet

4. Re: why isn't it on the price list

Geez man, do any of you understand the concept of money? Back in the day, $3,000 could get you a good four door car and I mean a Pontiac Tempest, not a POS Ford Falcon. A Decent four door today is what, $24,000? A 66' Caddillac Fleetwood, one of the largest four door Cadillacs ever to be produced, was a mere $6500 retail. See my point now? The Shelby Cobra 427 was only $6000 something... A high end Corvette would run you into th e$5000s. See my point? Money changed big time over the years. $15,000 then could easilly be several hundred thousands today.

5. Re: why isn't it on the price list

to give perspective a 67 gt500 sold for just over 4000 dollars new. so 15000 was a lot back then.

6. Re: why isn't it on the price list

And, you can't confuse price with value. The Schuppan at the top of the price list is something like $2.5 Million, when it's value is closer to $2.07. The price may be $15,000, but the value is much higher.

7. Re: why isn't it on the price list

Dr Frederick Simeone bought one of these cars in 2001 for $4.4 Million.
    (I think he bought it from Phil Spector but ownership of that particular model was somewhat disputed).