Why would they even think about making a truck look like this?

Discussion in '1959 Chevrolet Corvette' started by Skuddbud, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I dont understand the concept behind the concept cars. Basically everyone that is ever made either looks incredibly stupid or makes me never ever want to buy a product from thier company. For example entire line of Toyota and Nissan trucks. I dont know if freaky futuristic stuff is cool in Japan or anywhere else in the world for that matter. Another thing i've also noticed is the working prototypes of these cars are incredibly slow, not anough horsepower and have no redemming qualites to them. I just dont understand the meaning of them, I guess im an oldschool kind of guy, who likes the normal looking cars.

2. Re: Why would they even think about making a truck look like thi

it has happened.
    a vehicle has been produced that will lower your chances of getting laid more than the pontiac aztec...
    leave it to a domestic car company to do it...

god help us all...

3. Re: Why would they even think about making a truck look like thi

I didn't like it at first, but I gave it some good looking over and I could see this selling in Europe and Austrailia. The "Beetle" of the truck world? Not bad, but I'd never buy it. I can appreciate some of the design elements though.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Why would they even think about making a truck look like thi

Was I dreaming or did someone say they can see this monstrosity selling in AUSTRALIA? The M80 has no better chance at it than the Pontiac Aztek. (God save us all if there is ever an Aztek convention.) Whoever started this thread speaks the truth, and another good question is "why would they even think someone would DRIVE a truck that looks like this?" Recall, if you will, what GM is selling Down Under versus what it's selling in the States...

Holden Caprice (nice) = Chevy Impala (ugly)
    Holden Commodore (nice) = Cadillac Catera (worse than the Commodore)
    Holden Vectra (nice) = Saturn L300 (ugly... hell, all Saturns are)

And the list goes on like this. And it's not just about Holden. I'm saying that this kind of styling is, to put it bluntly, below Aussie standards. Cars that look this bad would never sell in Australia, or pretty much anywhere else in the world. There's probably a reason GM uglified 90% of their Aussie cars before bringing them to the US of A, save perhaps the Holden Jackaroo.

I haven't yet been brainwashed with ideas like "Great American Retro" or "Brand Identity" or "Extreme-Tackiness-for-Less", which is what, I fear, Dodge seems to be advertising with the M80. As I did with the Dodge Razor, I will say again that no Chrysler/Dodge retro concept has ever looked good. They should stick to refined new-generation designs like the Dodge ESX, Viper GTS/R and Charger, because that's what they're good at. I honestly don't wanna see anything like the M80 driving around on American, much less Australian, roads.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Why would they even think about making a truck look like thi

The damn thing looks like a bumble bee for christs sake. The only redeeming quality about this monstrasity is the ability to crash full-speed into a brick wall.