will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Discussion in '1997 Lotus Elise GT1' started by tha topp dogg, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

some people can't see past Vipers for some strange unknown reason!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Brit cars rule</i>
    <b>some people can't see past Vipers for some strange unknown reason!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And some cant see past TVR!!!

Just jokking TVRs are SWEET!!! I want a Tuscan S!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Brit cars rule</i>
    <b>some people can't see past Vipers for some strange unknown reason!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

True dat man. everyone likes vipers. i dont though. it needs a v-10 to keep up with some cars with way smaller engines. 8 liters? #$%# that. VIPERS SUCK!

5. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

vipers do not suck but this car could a normal viper and i beat it would give an 800 a run for its money on a tight road course

6. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

yeah, all i hear on these message boards are: well the 800TT venom viper can beat it, blah blah blah. I'm not saying it's a bad car, becuz it most certainly is not....but im just getting really sick of hearing all of this crap.

7. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

yeah this car was never meant to race a viper 800 so that is enough said

8. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

yo on da real im tired of all these assholes saying the viper 800tt can beat it. of course this car will get murdered by viper 800, thats like putting a viper 800 against a lancer evo7 wrc on a rally track, it will have no chance. so all you assholes doing the dumb ass comparing of two different cars, go kill yaself.

9. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

All I want to know is: why the Venom 800TT? There are better Vipers to be an asshole about. SVSi has a sweet little TT with 993bhp and near 1100lb-ft at the crank, of course it loses a good amount of that getting to the wheels (DAMN YOU VIPER AND YOUR BAD ENGINE CONFIGURATION!) SVSi also puts out a supercharger that's even better than that. And let's not forget GIWASA and their beasts. 1200bhp and 1400lb-ft supercharging, and I think they have a 1600bhp and ????lb-ft TT configuration.

But anyways, I'm getting tired of people posting Venom 800TT this, and Venom 800TT that also. But I'm also getting tired of people saying they can only go in a straight line when they have slaloms of 74.5mph or so, and more than enough Gs.

But what really annoys me is how people type like this: Yo Yo Imz a gangsta and provez it wit ma gangsta g dogg stile uv writingz...

10. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

people compare this to a viper 800TT cause they think that car is GOD and that nothing can beat it, which is a pile crap, cause the 800TT can be beat around the track by many cars

11. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I hate Viper's, and most American cars for that manner!

12. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Did you ever stop to think that the 800TT wasn't made for the track? The Viper is a dragster and isn't even supposed to race on a track unless someone had suicide in mind. Bring your lotus on a dragstrip and watch the Viper kick its ass!

13. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

i think all those ppl that compare just venom 800TT cause they prolly just know that one viper venom 800, no others, but i really have nothing against vipers, but the ppl really get annoying

14. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Actually I know that ALL normal versions of vipers and the 800TT(i think) were meant to be dragsters. Even though the Handling isn't so great, the viper has earned incredible victories in the racing world today. People are just trying to say that the viper is a great car. I would definitely get a Bentley before I got a viper. But then again, if I was rich enough to get one, I'd get a viper too.

15. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Excuse me people, but the Viper was supposed to be a sports car, but it focused on straightline performance and not actual drag racing.

16. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I dont see the huge hype over vipers. sure, their a nice car, but i think their way overpriced and overhyper, blah

17. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I know and it's rather sad when they can't see past a piece of shit
    like the viper,lol
    I however do see way past the shitty Viper.
    I love this Lotus Elise GT1 it's freaking sweet!
    And viper could just blow up,lol

Imports Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Actually I can see past the Viper. There are so many other cars that I consider better than the Viper. But if someone gave you a 1000TT, you'd piss on yourself. 1175HP, 0-60 in 2.2, and it still has great handling. And only one has been made! Also, the Viper GTS has tons of racing victories and a crapload of recognition. So how is the Viper a shitty car?

19. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Well I don't like it,it has a huge ass 8.0L V10 and if that wasn't bad enough it's also in front of the car.Also the damn hood of the car is way too long and the driver is set to far back,making the car look cock-eyed,lol.
    And the bigass engine is underachieving for it's displacment.
    If someone gave me a viper i'd just sell it to some idiot that would pay that much for it,lol.
    Ok and that's not a stock viper you're talking about,I can think of plenty of cars faster then that that are also tuned.

20. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Yeah, you'll probably think up a bunch of race cars that you know a car like this isn't able to beat. In acceleration, the only car that beats this is the Lingenfelter Corvette which does it in 1.97. And the tests done on the 1000TT were just shake-down tests. When real testing is done, it'll get a 0-60 time of at least 2 seconds flat. Not to mention the estimated topspeed is 240 and you know dont too many cars beat that.

21. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Indeed,they suck big time~>vipers!

22. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Ok if i could get this car in race trim with 580bhp and only 1900lbs,
    do you honestly think the viper ven-shit 800tt would stance a chance
    even on a drag strip?lol I think not!
    Consediring it hits 0- 60,3.8sec now with only 350bhp and 2200lbs.

23. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Dude there are plenty of tuned Skylines or supras with over 1200bhp
    250+mph and i'm sure a Skyline with awd and that much bhp would hit 60 in 2.seconds flat if not faster!

24. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Well since that's not gonna happen, you can count it out. And a 800TT could beat the Elise with race trim because the 0-60 speed is 1 sec+ lower and the Elise is only 500 pounds lighter. And as I said before, if someone put one of these and the 800TT side by side and said I could have one, you really I would pick a Viper? I may act like I would but I definitely wouldn't. I just defend the Viper because so many people like you say the Viper is garbage but it's not. It's OK to not like it, but you don't have to trash its name.

25. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

duh you dumbass. then why is the 800tt soooo much better than a lamborghini with a V-12?