World's best car?

Discussion in '1962 Ferrari 250 GTO' started by Oliver Peck, Aug 9, 2002.

1. World's best car? Quite possibly. especially of it's era.

2. Re: World's best car?

Hey!That's not simply the best car of his era,it's THE BEST car of all times(and the most beutiful car too)<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: World's best car?

"250GTO1962", I dare say you're right. However, there are some others that pose a threat to the world's best. I'm just thinking of the Ferrari 330 GTO & 330 LM Berlinetta. The 330 GTO is the same car as the 250 GTO except Ferrari slipped a wonderful 400 hp, 4.0 liter V-12 under the hood instead of the 250's 290 hp, 3.0 liter V-12. The 330 LM Berlinetta has the same motor as the 330 GTO, but has even nicer lines. I can't decide.... the 250 GTO, 330 GTO, and 330 LMB... that's an elite crowd. Check out the 330 LMB forum for some info and pics. You will like it. By the way, only four 330 LMBs and another four 330 GTOs were ever made. That's rare.

4. Re: World's best car?

only of its era. Many more better cars<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: World's best car?

So Right. In a class of its own!

6. Re: World's best car?

i love vinatge ferrari's of all kinds this is a great car but it is overly hyped

7. Re: World's best car?

Yeah its a great car, but there were some equally beautifull cars of the day, Aston Martin DB4,DB5, Jaguar E-Type.

8. Re: World's best car?

A Ferrari is a Ferrari and it will always be a Ferrari. No other sportcar manufacturer has produced so many models. It's a pure sport car. Don't compare it with english, german and american sportcars.
    Ferrari's are built only for driving, not comfort, economy or other criteria. It's a figth. Men over machine.

Best car in the world. Nobody but Ferrari could of produced such rare species

9. Re: World's best car?

The 250GTO was a great looking race car. Wasn't bad on the track either. But there were other cars of the era that were just as good:-

Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
    Jaguar C and D type
    As well as a host of other Ferrari.

It Pends on your point of view as to which you like best. The real question that we should be asking is, are Pininfarinas designs getting tired? and should Scaglietti and Zagato style the next generation of Ferrari?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: World's best car?

Hands down this has to be one of the most beautiful cars ever produced. I have seen a replica (which is just as rare to have as ferrari have banned anyone from using their body shapes) and I sat there and looked at it for it must have been oh around 45 min and just a piece of art<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: World's best car?

THIS CAR IS AMAZING AND QUICK FOR ITS TIME

12. Re: World's best car?

The best I don't know , but it's the most expensive , 65 million francs in Monaco during an auction !!! (close to 10 million euros)

13. Re: World's best car?

This came before the GT40... moron...<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: World's best car?

anyone who says that this is not the most amazing car they have ever seen is really screwed in the head this is the sweeeetest car ever.
    <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: World's best car?

what other street-legal cars looked this good and had 100 bhp/litre in the '60s?

that's right not a lot.

16. Re: World's best car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Classics</i>
    <b>gt40 whipped it. Still an amazing beutiful piece of art, car, IF i had to choose between this an a gt40 would be a hard choice</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

listen redneck ..the gt40 came after the GTO and didnt compete in the same class as the gto did ..so there is no competition . <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: World's best car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Enzzo</i>
    <b>So Right. In a class of its own!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you can say that again<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: World's best car?

Nothing else even comes close. All other cars bow down to this one. That's a fact.

-------------------------------------
    The 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO Series II; The world's finest car.

19. Re: World's best car?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 250GTO1962</i>
    <b>Hey!That's not simply the best car of his era,it's THE BEST car of all times(and the most beutiful car too)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yes! yes! yes!<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: World's best car?

definitly the best classic, but the best car is the ZONDA C12 S. <!-- Signature -->

21. Re: World's best car?

Definately world's most expensive car. You can expect to pay minimum of $5.5 million for one of these (if you can find someone who's stupid enough to let it go). But several years ago, one set a world record for most expensive car sold at auction at around $15 million. I tried to find out the details about it from Christie's, the auction agency that sold it, but I'm having technical difficulties right now. Anyway, I agree that this is one of the most beautiful cars ever. This is what classic Ferrari is. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: World's best car?

I do have to admit that this was one of the greatest cars of its time.I even rent a video all about ferraris once and had the chance of listening to the engine of this car reving...pure ecstasy. However, we cannot overlook the other cars of the time simply because they are not ferraris. I'd like to put up the Daytona cobra coupe as an example. Sure, most of the american car haters will say that its crude and the engine only devellops 85 hp per liter and all their usual blabla, but it was still superior in performance to the 250 gto, a car against which it was meant to compete.What do you think?

ps: i m neither american nor european, so i m not biased towards anyone, simply putting up facts.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: World's best car?

i think a ford fiesta shoold win it's so cool<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: World's best car?

This has to be one of my most favorite ferraris, since I was a little kid I would stare at this car for hours at an autoshow.For 1962 sports car it was preety fast and an eye catcher to this day.Enzo Ferrari himself was proud of this car,because of its looks style and speed.In my book this has to be one of the best sports cars of all time.

25. Re: World's best car?

Absolutely. the worlds best car at the time and also way up there today. it is still one of the most desirable cars ever to leave Maranello.