wow

Discussion in '1963 Lamborghini 350 GTV' started by greghourigan, Aug 10, 2002.

1. hey if u cant respect the design, respect 100hp+/litre. i know most of u guys couldnt give two shits, but for 1963, even for today, wow thats huge! by the way did anyone notice back in the 60's everyone used tiny ass v12s' the size of a v6?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: wow

yeah i noticed. now this car was truly engineered. over 100 hp/litre from a V12, and look at how light the car is. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: wow

Yeah, the weight was the first thing that jumped out at me. 2315 lbs is unbeleivable considering the technology/materials that were available to them at the time. It definately shows the engineering potential of lamborgini, this car even had an aluminum engine to save weight! Not the kind of thing you would expect from a car made in 1963.

4. Re: wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chameleon</i>
    <b>Yeah, the weight was the first thing that jumped out at me. 2315 lbs is unbeleivable considering the technology/materials that were available to them at the time. It definately shows the engineering potential of lamborgini, this car even had an aluminum engine to save weight! Not the kind of thing you would expect from a car made in 1963.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> well actually Nepoleon was going to outfit his entire army with alumium armor and weapons due to its high streangth to weight ratio, but back then costs of extracting the metal were insane, so he didnt. ppl thing aluminum is soo weak and flimsy cuz thats what coke cans are made of, however it would cost too much to make coke cans out of aluminum, so there made out of tin and only the pop tab is made out of it.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: wow

yeah it is pretty big and it also looks nice too