Wow

Discussion in '2000 Pontiac Grand Am SC/T Concept' started by 94stang5L, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Honestly how fast would this car actually be it has to been the sweetest Grand/am ever made.....and I don't even like them

2. TO GM

TO. GM
    mass production this car it will sell

3. Re: TO GM

Nice Grand Am and I'm a "Rice Rocket" Fan<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Wow

damn dman damn damn
    if u build it they will come
    the gtp reaches new hieghts<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Wow

the engine choice looks ultra sweet but not the car, it gives me the impression of a rather HEAVY Pontiac, unlike the Grand AM coupe which looks sleek and agile...
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b>the engine choice looks ultra sweet but not the car, it gives me the impression of a rather HEAVY Pontiac, unlike the Grand AM coupe which looks sleek and agile...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You're right. The body looks so heavy to me. And those air intakes on the hood. Lil' bit to much for me.

keep the faith<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Wow

Same here, the body is just too full of vents and creases.

I wonder how fast it goes...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Wow

Yah, too much body cladding...they should keep it simple. The people at ford realized this and the mustang Bullitt looks much better.

This is still, however, a pathetic attempt at an import look

9. Re: Wow

doesnt look like an import at all who cares anyway it would smoke lots of imports <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Wow

i would love to have this car just in a differant color like red or some thing like that the engine sounds good supercharged V-6 not bad to bad they couldn't put a V-8 in there but hay what can you do about it huh<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Wow

This car is definatly tight. Even though Pontiac didnt put it into production, they should at least sell the body kits for the GT coupe and the engine mods. Maybe through the dealer like they do for the sunfire. It would definatly up the sales on the GA.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Wow

Thats exactly what they're going to do. I saw on car and driver Tv today and they are going to start selling all the body mods at dealerships, i dont know about the engine though, i think it is just super charged.
    <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Wow

Well having actually driven an SC/T at the GrandAmGT.com picnic, I'll see if I can answer a few of these questions.

I had the car up to 147 mph, when the windshield molding started to come off. The car I drove was a coupe. The one shown is these pictures is obviously a convertible. As far as I know there are 3 coupes in existance.

The body kits are available through local GM dealers, with the exception of the front end skirt. (It didn't meet GM ground clearance specifications)

I'm not sure what the 0-60 times on it are, but I know it's supposed to run the quarter mile around 14.3. Which makes it faster than a Mustang GT, Dakota R/T, and vehicles in that class. A WS6 runs the quarter in 13.7 so the GA is catching it.

The supercharger is available through Eaton/Massgueon and are about 2400 dollars. This part is NOT sold at the dealer.

Quite a few guys from our website have the SC and have dyno slips that are around 215 horse at the wheels and 242 at the crank.

It's a great concept, but as I have posted earlier GM has a lot further plans for the GA, now that the demise of the F-body has reached us.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Wow

A new GT mustang runs a 14.1

15. Re: Wow

Motor Trend tested an automatic coupe at 6.6 seconds 0-60 and said a manual can do 5.9 seconds. I hope Pontiac is going to do something big for the Grand Am's 30th year in 2003.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Wow

Woops, evidently they already have. I caught pieces of the Nascar Subway 400 and could have sworn I saw a Grand Am with 30th Anniversary on the hood. Can someone back me up on this?<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Wow

yo if they had put a v12 in that i would be suprised (i bet they copied the 98 mustang look) just imagin it had 800 horsepower like with mikey thompson tires you would be ripping the block apart with jet fuel!!!!!

18. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from supercargurukid</i>
    <b>yo if they had put a v12 in that i would be suprised (i bet they copied the 98 mustang look) just imagin it had 800 horsepower like with mikey thompson tires you would be ripping the block apart with jet fuel!!!!! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Dude, you'd have a hard time installing a V-12, since fitting it would be next to impossible, But if some guy was desperate and had the cash, sure - what the hell.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Wow

My buddy owns a '99 Grand Am GT Coupe and I have seen him torch a '97 Mustang GT - auto - 4 times. They have done alot with these new GAGT's

20. Re: Wow

Is that your car in the pic? If so can you send more pics? Im looking to get the paint code for the color they have on that Grand-Am convertible, but the color on that car looks tight too.

21. Re: Wow

it doesnt have much power but it wuld go fast..this looks so cool

22. Re: Wow

It should have been built. what a cra and what a concept!

23. Re: Wow

It sucks how GM is getting rid of the Grand Am to build the G6. Dont get me wrong, the G6 looks good and theyre even thinking about producing a GTP version of it with a 6 speed manual transmission (that should be fun), but the Grand Am's looks are more sporty and Pontiac-like. The G6 on the other hand looks more like a civilized European sedan, which is not bad, but hopefully the GTP version will spice things up.