y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 456M GT Scaglietti' started by Bugatti, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

rims don't make a car go faster.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

i agree, ferrari sould have came out with some new rims, but rims don't make the car. if i had this car, i wouldn't care what the rims looked like! Im in ferrari!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

its a ferrari who cares!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

ferarri and pininfarina usually don't make the rims for thier cars.
    they are usually made by speedline. and personally i can think of few rims on ferarris that i don't like.

5. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

I like their rims so eat my ass. And I'm not paying over a quarter million dollars for wheels. I'm doing it for bragging rights.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

I like the rims on most ferrari's so ya take that who ever made this post.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

i would have to say the best rims are on the new 575 maranello<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

IMO the best Ferrari rims are the ones from the factory. I've seen some aftermarket rims that I wouldn't put on a Yugo, they were awful. To each his own.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

rims shmims
    this is ferrari baby gimme a 65 degree V12 humming and growling anyday
    <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

i agree, those rims are assey, and if i ever got the chance to own one of these cars they would be the first things i would change.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

Um. U wanna diss on a car that has crap rims. rip on fu*ckin chevy metro.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

the rims on this ride arent the greatest but i like the rims on the 550 and 575 maranello and i absolutely love the rims on the 360. i think the 360 rims are probably the nicest stock rims of any car or very close to it. the rims on the f355 were also prety nice rims for stock. dont say ferrari makes ugly rims cuz they dont. in the past the rims were obviously uglier. but now most of their rims are pretty good looking.<!-- Signature -->

13. #13 51coronet, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bugatti</i>
    <b>rims don't make a car go faster.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    They will if you loose some weight from a previous set. Also the size of the rims on the drive wheels are a part of the final drive ratio. Larger diameter rims will decrease the final drive ratio giving slower acceleration but higher top speed and just the oposite for a shorter rim. This all applies as long as the dimameter of the entire wheel and tire changes taller or shorter. If you change to a taller rim but shorter tire and keep the total diameter the same the nothing changes except possibly the weight. And yes the rims on most of the ferraris I have seen are just to plane. Some of my personal favorites are billet specialties GT 16 wheels. http://www.wheelsforless.com/billet_specialties.asp

14. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

I gotta say U is wrong on this one(personally). The rims on this car aren't the best Ferrari has had, but almost all the others are great. My opinion though..<!-- Signature -->

15. #15 Bugatti, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 51coronet</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bugatti</i>
    <b>rims don't make a car go faster.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    They will if you loose some weight from a previous set. Also the size of the rims on the drive wheels are a part of the final drive ratio. Larger diameter rims will decrease the final drive ratio giving slower acceleration but higher top speed and just the oposite for a shorter rim. This all applies as long as the dimameter of the entire wheel and tire changes taller or shorter. If you change to a taller rim but shorter tire and keep the total diameter the same the nothing changes except possibly the weight. And yes the rims on most of the ferraris I have seen are just to plane. Some of my personal favorites are billet specialties GT 16 wheels. http://www.wheelsforless.com/billet_specialties.asp </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

no, im just talking about style, not weight height.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

Honestly now, who's focusing in on the rims of a Ferrari? If i see a Ferrari I think that it's a really nice car. Who cares what the rims look like on a Ferrari.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

You DO NOT put rims on any Italian Car. They would look ugly. They were custom built for the car and look nice on it. You can't buy Ferrari Rims for other cars. <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

look at the 512M
    They were beautiful rims.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

I think the best looking rims were on the F50. For high performance models[F40,F50,F50 GT] speedline does make the wheels. These rims are ass ugly. If you want to put rims on a ferrari go to hamman. The tuned F360 they did looked great. OZ makes pretty good wheels for the 456M too. <!-- Signature -->

20. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

Yea the rims aren't too great, but it shouldn't matter. If you have the money to buy this car, spend a little extra for the rims if you hate them that much! Also, it's a Ferrari, I wouldn't really be like, "Oh man, look at those rims! No chance I'm gonna buy that car!" Oh well everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

21. Re:

I agree that the rims on this car are not very nice, but I still think that most ferrari rims are nice like the 550 barchetta and the 360

22. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

Ferrari has some of the simplest, yet most complimentary rims for a car. Yes, these rims are a little less than great, they look hand forged, but it's a frick'n Ferrari, man. If someone said you could have a Ferrari, but you had to keep the rims, I'm sure you would take it in a heartbeat, so stop complaining. Have a nice day.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: y cant ferrari make nice looking rims?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ChromeBMW</i>
    <b>the rims on this ride arent the greatest but i like the rims on the 550 and 575 maranello and i absolutely love the rims on the 360. i think the 360 rims are probably the nicest stock rims of any car or very close to it. the rims on the f355 were also prety nice rims for stock. dont say ferrari makes ugly rims cuz they dont. in the past the rims were obviously uglier. but now most of their rims are pretty good looking.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->your totaly right!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->