you know what...

Discussion in '2002 Caterham Seven Superlight R300' started by bugatti442, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car is beautiful, i would take this over a lamborghini. if i lived somewhere that was warm year round of course. It probably gets good gas mileage, and is fast, GOOD looking, and atleast looks like it handles as well as a porsche, correct me if im wrong<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: you know what...

You mean to tell me that if you won a contest for a Lamborghini or this, you would choose this?
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: you know what...

Its all a matter of personal taste...but...

The smartest thing to do if you did not want to keep the Lambo would be to take it, sell it, and buy a couple of these roadster things...<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: you know what...

no, if i had the money to buy either of them, i would buy this. of course if i won either of them and had to pay nothing i would take the lambo. lambo's are nice, but cannot be a daily driver. i wonder who would win on a curvy race track...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: you know what...

On a race track, I will have to say that this would win. Compared to a lambo, this is lighter, more responsive, better balanced, and it will grip better than the lamborghini. I'm sure in the experienced hands of a racing driver that the Lambo might be able to keep up, but for your average driver it would be so much easier to get the most from this car. It has the basics right for being a great drivers car that is easy to use, front engine rear drive, light weight, low power. This appears to be one of the best engine/chassis combos within the range, as the R500 is a bit frantic and fast, making it not so well balanced as some of the smaller engined versions, including the bike engined versions.

6. Re: you know what...

Yah mabye this would beat a lambo on a course but it is an ugly car. Mabye if u put a bigger engine in it i would consider giving it a chance but that is just my personal opinion. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: you know what...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vipersrule</i>
    <b>Yah mabye this would beat a lambo on a course but it is an ugly car. Mabye if u put a bigger engine in it i would consider giving it a chance but that is just my personal opinion. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It doensn't need a bigger engine, this does handle better than most everything and being that it is so light it doesn't need that much power. In fact, a bigger engine would probably screw up the balance of this car. Hate to burst your bubble but this would take a viper in the turns....and I love Vipers.

8. Re: you know what...

take a viper in the turns? it would uterly destroy a viper in the turns. It will totaly destroy just about anything int he turns.

People do put V8 engines in similar cars to this. but it ends up pushing the weight higher. to make a faster one you need to drop the weight and use a bike engine. Single seater.

I've seen on that weighs 650kg with an S2000 motor in it. very nice.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: you know what...

Funny looking car, but damn what acceleration from that little engine, i'm sure there will be a lot of big engine lovers avoiding eye contact with the owners of this after a short sprint..