1904 Cadillac Model B Gallery
The Model B introduced a new pressed steel frame with axles. The front was suspended by twin half-elliptic units. Like the Model A this car was largely the product of Henry Martyn Leland from Leland and Faulconer. They produced the single-cylinder engine, transmissions, and steering gears for Cadillac.
Model B chassis and bodies were all produced in house at Cadillac. The car was held together by a steel frame that was suspended on leaf springs and rigid axles. The engine sat under the driver’s seat and sent power to the rear wheels through a 2-speed transmission and Brown-Lipe differential. Braking was handled only on the rear wheels by applying friction to the half-shafts.
Learn about the 1904 Cadillac Model B