Restoration debut by Perfect Reflections Auto Body located in Shelton, Washington. In late 1953 Ferrari commissioned Carrozzeria Vignale to create bodies for two of the early 250 Europa chassis, and this car (0295EU), the very first Europa, was shown alongside the new Ferrari 375 America at the Paris Auto Show, held at the Grand Palais. Since its Paris debut, the coupe has spent its entire life in America, where it has been shown only at the second annual Ferrari Club of America meeting in May 1966. Its showing here at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance is just the third time the car has been shown in public. Read more about this car.
The fourth of twenty-one 250 Europas constructed. Interesting early history, including period Italian concours events. Recently completed five-year, concours-level restoration by Ferrari specialists. Featured on the cover of Cavallino issue 198. First in Class at the 2014 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este. Unquestionably one of the finest 250 Europas in existence.
One of only 16 examples produced. Legendary Lampredi V-12 power. Extraordinarily high quality of restoration and subsequent care.
According to information provided by the previous owner, Dr. Balestra, who lived in Ascoli Piceno, Italy, purchased 0315 on November 13, 1954 as a three-liter. Thereafter, the factory carried out the engine swap, simultaneously installing a 9.33 (3.66) rear-end gear that permitted a relaxed 100 miles per hour touring speed with the new engine. The engine and rear end update was completed in 1955 according to Ferrari factory correspondence. Read more about this car.