at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by tumblerman, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

this has been most interesting conversing with you across forum posts. i periodically check forums for several cars that i post a lot in. cool talking with you.

2. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Ya drag racing does have its appeal. It is fun to do, but whats really fun is to get a bunch of friends and hit some long curvey roads and just fly as fast as your sense of self preservation will allow. I think you'll have a lot of fun when you feel your cars limits as you go around a corner.

For me at least, there's just something about driving tracks with lots of curves that just feels a lot more envigorating then just driving straight fast.

3. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

sorrry 215 mph whoever thinks thats not enough gimme a break i mean what the hell if it had wings it would fly apart from that most of you would shit in theyre pants if you go above 180mph!

4. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

what th #$%#.
    do yall think before yall type.
    good words here pal.
    i see somebody knows a thing or too.

5. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Drag racing is pretty cool, but ill have to agree that there is something more appealing about circuits. Hairpins, rises, 90* turns, falls, fast corners, blind corners and all the rest off it really test the drivers ability to manage the wheel, accelorator, brake, momentum and what the hell gear he should be in for the turn.
    This is also one of the only forums in which i have seen little abuse. Keep up the good work guys!

6. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

You gay asses unless you have a faster car than this shut the fuc# up because none of you can make a faster car than this and fuc# american muscle you have it easy to make those peaces of shit fast. Imports have to work for that kinda of power out of a Inline 6 you hater #%$s. Its not that fast top speed because it was not made for that you idiot, those who love the fake stock cars like McLaren's and that #%$ shit get out of this board.

7. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

CLOSE RATIO GEARBOX

8. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

this car did a 348KM/H and is capable of 383 KM/H ... certified by Blitz

9. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

sp much for little abuse in this forum. thank god no-one else is lowering themselves to his/her level

10. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Skylines have horrible cd's somewhere around .45 and they also have a weight problem that was only solved in the GTs car, the Attezza AWD and HICAS AWS weigh an incredible amount, but they also insure amazing handling that is why Blitz chose a GT-R. This car was not geared for acceleration, if it was it wouldnt break 210, it was geared for 220 but tehy simply ran out of straight highway.

11. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

215 mph slow ?????? what car do you drive a fkn Grandma car with 8 tanks of nos or something 215 mph is not slow by any means f1 cars dont even do 215 ...... ibet you wouldnt go over 180 mph ..... also this thing would pull sooooooo hard up to 215 ........ big turbos are great top end .... this would be faster at 100 mph accelerating than most cars 0-60

12. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

I'm not sure where you got this from. It's CD is .34 which is very close to the Mark IV Supra. Hicas doesn't weigh jack....maybe ten kilograms. Attessa-Pro is heavy, but it's well worth the extra 170 lbs.

13. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

this is just what i heard about this car not going any faster than 215MPH....the driver was a #$%#ing idiot and #$%#ed something up mechanically....but thats just what i heard but u know thats probably not right so whatever 215 is fast enough ....and the gear ratio is a good analogy too

14. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

the rb26dett is one of hte easiest to modify engines around. it is PROVEN! i'm dominating these forums and no one in here is gonna take it away.

15. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

bhp? i thought it was all about torque........ go ride in your 1975 mustang

16. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

MMHHHHH. . . . Well, I will beieve you!

17. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Dude that has nothing to do with it!

18. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Includes all production American cars? I should hope so, seeing this isn't production.

Do you think this will beat the Saleen S7 currently competing in Lemans? Or perhaps the Corvette C5-R? They're just street cars tuned and modded to race, just like this one.

19. Hmmmmmm!

I think people are getting mixed up about a few things.

HP is needed for top speed, along with a lot of other stuff.

Trucks have 600bhp 18litre engines but they are terrible at 0-60 and top speed.

And for your information people, the WORLD RECORD top speed for a front engine rear wheel drive car is a 1991 Nissan 300ZX at 419.84 KPH, and still holds the record now. Lots of other cars have tried including a 1999 Supra which managed 401kph. These cars produce about 1000bhp but I bet the 0-60 of them both are terrible.

The McLaren F1 is over 600bhp, 0-60 in 3.2 and a 1/4 mile of 11.6. Why is the 0-60 and 1/4 mile not that good for a 600bph light super car. Because its geared to top speed not acceleration.

The Skyline here is made for the track and probably made im mind to get the record of this famous German track. For which you need high speed cornering and fast acceleration from the corners which means fast 40 to 150+mph times. Of the slowest corner was 1 mph then you need 0-60 speed. But becuase the slowest speed that this car probably went round a corner was about 50, the 0-50 time is wasted because it will only use it once when pulling out of the garage.

You could gear the car for top speed but round a track if you dont get into top gear that is a gear wasted and acceleration time wasted.
    On the other hand if you make it fast 0-60 that means either the top speed would be about 170 ish because of the gears, and on some straights you could hit the revlimiter and be stuck there when you could still be gaining more speed.

Final thing, thats the thing with 0-60 times and drag racing? You can spend money on making your car go faster in a straight line, but whats the point in that. There is a hell of a lot more skill and fun in going round corners fast.

20. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Everyone knows this car is hell of fast, so why are all yall complaning.

21. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

anyhow the skyline has enormous tuning potential. thiscar isn't on slicks. and it sports more electronics than cold war stalingrad. end of story.

22. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

if this were on slickz it would cut out at LEAST 0.2 sec...and that wud post it up on in the top 5!!!!! and im sure thatz the minimum.

ok. u really wanna experience the potential of a skyline?

get GT3 for the ps2....tune it the way u want this game is 85% realistic(carz relatuve to each other). and its more than a game! the best driving sim out ther.

i must admit this car is truly godzilla.

23. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

i broke the #$%#in sound barrier in that game. so much for realism.

24. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

Hahaha

25. Re: at 850hp its top speed is kinda pansy

right, the more bhp a car has, the faster it goes, k? what people are fogetting is without a fairly hefty amount of torque, you aint gunna go nowhere. you could have a 600bhp car with 700 lbs of torque which would most probably out accelerate most cars. on the other hand, you could have an 850bhp engine only producing 600 lbs of torque, which still means its gunna be quick but its gonna take longer to get there. at the end of the day you cant compare a skyline, supra etc. to a mclaren f1 or anything like that just because it has a more powerfull engine. when you consider the price difference, you expect for like $600,000 a car to go like shit off a shovel. so an everyday skyline, which was originally not intended to do 200+mph when first built, youve gotta give it up for tuning companies like blitz and Jun Auto who have the balls to build these japanese cars the keep up and beat other proper race cars at a fraction of the price.
    After all, for a straight 6 engine producing in excess of 850bhp (and they do, check out top secret who tuned their R34 to 1200bhp) youve gotta give respect to these guys.
    so dont go comparing these skylines to mclarens, it isn't exactly fair when you consider all the options. compare mclarens to the other cars in its price range etc.