Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by katafago, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

I read that article. And the BMW out-performed the S2000 in everything.

This article was more opinionated than factual. It was designed to show people what kind of roadster cars are available. Probably the only reason the S2000 took first place was because it offers a decent amount of performance (not the best) for the lowest price (but you get what you pay for).

2. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

So did I, and from what I gathered the only thing the BMW beat out the S2000 on was 0-60 time, and that with two very slow 0-60 times for both cars.

And don't forget the other reason the S2000 took first place, which was that the S2000 fits the driver, and has a much nicer interior.

3. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

It's not a random mistake if the s2000 is the better.
    The ergonomy, the power, the sound, the speed... this is it.
    The z4 pretend to be the best roadster and the most powerfull, but it's not good as it looks.

So for 0,2 seconds I will take the s2000 and not a junk car like BMW.
    I had a Bmw and the most of this manufacturer cars have the same problem ; the head cylinder breakes up like a peace of cake !
    So, I will never buy a BMW at least a new BMW with 2'000miles for 8'000$ but not more.

And I've got enough to defend the s2000 against some guys who are for the Z4, I think what I want and you do what you want, it's not my problem.

4. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

"This is a scalpel-quick sports car when you keep it boiling, quickest of the bunch around the BeaveRun road course, barely behind the Z4 in acceleration, even though it gives away a full liter of displacement. Think intensity. Think fury."

The above is a quote from the Magazine talking about the S2000. And from my interpretation, it means that the S2000 out-performed the Z4 on the road course; however, it's a bit slower on the 0-60mph test. And i dun't think that's called "BMW out-performed the S2000 in everything."

5. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

Do u know if the if the 0-60 times were from Idle or a drag style start. becos on the 0-100 times the honda was faster. I mean it sounds like both the cars were treated very softly. Probably becos neither of the companies trust Journos

6. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

all i know is that the test drivers perform many tries for each car they test. They may launch the car from 1000rpm; they may rev to 5000rpm then drop the clutch.

7. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

or more for the s2k...

8. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

regardless which of those 2 cars is better in performance, looks or whatever i would take S2K. why? imo it would be more fun to drive because of its high rev engine. another thing is that BMW is only BMW and most of japan sport cars have their onw unique soul.

9. Re: Bmw just created an S2000 of there own

Probably.