Re: Corvette VS NSX

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by Gamer55, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The amount of stupidity that exists in this forum is unreal. Both the Corvette and the NSX are great cars but I'm sick and tired of all the idiots who say "why would you pay $90,000 when the Corvette can smoke it for cheaper?" Well here's the answer to your moronic question:

Did you idiots ever stop and think that people buy cars for other reasons than just going .3 seconds faster than the next guy? The NSX costs more simply because more effort and quality went into making the car compared to that of the Corvette. GM uses cheap plastic for its interior finish while Honda/Acura uses exotic leather for a premium interior finish. The NSX also has a more reliable suspension compared to that of the Corvette. In Consumer Reports Auto Magazine, the NSX was rated as Exceptional in reliablity and quality (exceptional being the highest rating possible) while the Corvette got a "poor" rating for reliability and quality (poor being the lowest rating possible). On top of all this, the NSX is far more rare than the largely availbable Corvette. How many NSXs do you see on the road compared to the abundant Corvettes. If any of you had any recollection of economics you would understand that the more rare something is, the higher the price range must be in order to prevent shortages from excess demand. Also, due to the fact that the NSX is more exotic, it also has a much higher resale value. So for the reason that the NSX has reliability, premium luxury, and value retention compared to the Corvette's poor reliability, cheap plastic interior, and higher depreciation the NSX is priced higher and is worth more than the cheaply priced Corvette. Like I said, the Corvette does outperform the NSX but the NSX is a far more exotic and reliable automobile.<!-- Signature -->

2. Thank you very much BMW M, however if u were paying any attention to previous posts i have trying to make the same damn point for the past few weeks, however i thank you for agreeing.

Secondly, this is not a psychological discussion forum, we can discuss my "problems" later, and what does this have to do with me/my parents being wealthy? They bought the NSX not because it is extremely fast, but because it is exotic.

This forum was created by me to discuss the difference between an exotic or a slightly faster daily commuter. But i guess only a few of you got that point...<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Thank you very much BMW M, however if u were paying any attention to previous posts i have trying to make the same damn point for the past few weeks, however i thank you for agreeing.

Secondly, this is not a psychological discussion forum, we can discuss my "problems" later, and what does this have to do with me/my parents being wealthy? They bought the NSX not because it is extremely fast, but because it is exotic.

This forum was created by me to discuss the difference between an exotic or a slightly faster daily commuter. But i guess only a few of you got that point...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    get real<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b>Very true BMW, but the fact is that this forum was started to say that in terms of performance, the NSX was better. The argument has been primarily about that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    good point<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lawman9C1</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lawman9C1</i>
    <b>Okay, after watching 5 pages build up of quotes Im gonna throw in my two cents. This is primarily for BMW, and WAY2FAST4U

Stereotypes or american automotives.

1. American cars dont retain value.

-True in cases of Cavaliers and common cars of that nature. Corvettes and other limited prodution vehicals however retain value immensly if not increase in value. Case in point, the 94-96 series Impala SS, from the showroom stickered at 22500. It is now 7 years later in model years and you cant find one with under 50K miles for under 18,000 if not more if they've been garage kept. It has more to do with collectability than brand. 20 years from now nobodys gonna be killing themselves to get that 1993 Honda Civic, but people will still be looking for a 2002 ZO6.

2. All american muscle cars are about cubic inches and nothing more.

- Look up the Grand National or Regal Turbo sometime from the 1980's. 3.8 liter turbo that will run 13.5's from the factory. This car today with 2 grand in bolt-ons can run 12's trust me I've seen it.

3. All american engines are low technology and require size to get performance.

- First off a 5.7 liter is not that big of a motor. You want technology in the vette. C4 series vette came out in 1984 with a crossfire injected truck derived 5.7 liter cranking 220 at peak H/p. in 1991 they went to the LT1 5.7 liter. This was the FIRST!!!! engine to use OBD computer monitoring systems on both the engine and the tranny. It went from Throttle body injection to Sequential port injection, something you'll find on the NSX. Reverse flow coolent system (no coolant threw the T/B), new cam, alluminium heads, and about 3 million dollors of R&D this made a 300HP 335 Lbs ft. monster of a motor. And they Beefed it up even more in 96' with the LT4grand sport, new cam, new heads, new intake manifold, and bigger injectors, and went from 300hp up to 335hp. These were still built on an Iron block. 97 LS1 came out for the vette all alluminum engine, yet again an OHV engine, why? because they wanted a wide torque curve.

4. Americans use OHV engines because they cant make a big engine rev high enough to develop power on OHC.

- Nascar motors red line at 9000 rpm. And they are 5.7 liter motors bored over to near paper thin cyclinder walls, so dont even tell me our motors cant handle it. We use OHV engines because they have a wider torque curve, weigh less, and have a lower center of gravity. Case in point, the moter in the M3 ways more than the 5.7 liter all alluminium LS1 or LS6 and its smaller.

5. All americans hate foreign cars.

- First off, go to hell. I lived in Europe, I like Lambo and Austin Martin, and Mercedes, along with a whole mess of other particular cars. But really when you look at it, they're are no more foriegn cars. Nissan uses ford motors. Jauguar is owned by ford. Saab is now part of GM. Mercedes and Chrysler are partners. Motor companys today are doing the same thing aviation company's did 15 years ago. And it goes both ways. The new chevys have radiator's built by mitsubishi, and it just keeps on going.

6. Americans only care about straight line performance, thats why there cars handle so badly.

- Well who won La Mans in 2001 in the rain no less, A C5R. Not a Ferrari, not a Porche. But one of those "poor handling, Low tech" corvettes. And this wasnt the first time we've won that race. Look at the years with Ford and the GT40, Ferrari Left the series so they wouldnt be beatin by Ford's on the track. They didnt come back untill the execs at Ford killed the Factory sponcered race teams. Pretty easy for European cars to win when they're isnt any american competition due to Company policy's.

Seems you guys ***** about stereo typical Americans, yet you make your own assumptions. You might want to open your minds up, but first you may need to pull your head out your ass.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think you're the one that needs to get your head out of your ass and stop using crack because I didn't say any of the things you listed. Your just twisting my words around and showing your ignorance.

Going to your first point I never said that a Civic retains its value better than a Corvette. You must be illiterate if you can't understand what I wrote. I said that the NSX retains it's value RELATIVELY greater than the Corvette since it's more exotic(rare)and has higher reliability and luxury. And as for the Civic, it will retain its value greater than any other car vehicle in its class (Cavalier, Grand Am, Focus, Golf, etc...).

Moving on to your 5th point, I did not say that ALL Americans hate imports. I said that MOST American Car ENTHUSIASTS(an American car enthusiast can be a person of any nationality) are ignorant in discarding reliability, quality, and luxury into the price, and most of them are ignorant in using the stereotypical word "r!cer" to describe high performing vehicles like the NSX, Supra, Evo when they don't even have knowledge of the definition of the word "r!cer". It's like me correlating the performance of a Cavalier to that of a Corvette Z06 just because they are both cars built by GM.

Regarding your sixth post, I never said that the "corvette is only good in a straight line". I actually admitted that the corvette is one of the best handling cars on the road. I simply stated that the vette is too "torquey" as a test conducted by R&T professionals confirms that the excess torque is "too responsive" in wet weather conditions. And why do you bring up the C5-R? The C5-R costs $200,000 and is a totally different vette altogether in terms of handling, power, and aerodynamics so how can you say that the Z06 matches its manuverability in wet weather? I have a reference (R&T), do you have a reference showing that the Z06 can infact outhandle a 911 or an M3 like a Lemans car (C5-R) would? That's a stupid comment on your part because it's like me saying that the M3 handles equally as well as an M3 GTR. You really like twisting things around don't you?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Okay, I know this is gonna be a god awful long post, but this is the only way I can be sure everybody understands what Im responding too.

First, BMW this post wasnt targeted directly at you or your posts, the begining part was because I wanted to be sure that both you and WAY2FAST4You read this one in particular. Im glad you responded, frankly your one of the few people on this site that car argue with logic and fact rather than "XXX car sucks balls an XXX would eat it."

The post was targeted directly at stereotypes of american car enthusiast, and while you didnt state that "ALL" of us were the way you described the general Muscle fan, you did Imply it that way. So dont take this whole post as a direct arguement to what you've said, its just a colaberation of all the Bullshit arguements Ive heard against American performance vehicals while ive been a member of this site.

In responce, to what you said about my post.

point 1-Reletively the 67' 427 Corvette Stingray holds its value better than the NSX, reletively the 67' Shelby GT 350 and GT 500 do even better. SO WHAT!!!!! if your gonna sell the car in 5 years why'd you buy it. Ive got a Chevy thats 6 years old with 120K on it, Ill sell it when the Friggen wheels come off, till then its my baby.

point 5-No you didnt, and yes I know the differance. An NSX isnt r%ce, a 3000GT VR4 isnt r%ce, but a Honda civic with Type R stickers and a three foot wing thats r%ce. I think they should teach R%ce Recognition in Drivers Ed. As for not defending others and yelling at the morons that do post Spam, Look at me for example, I've posted on sites other than American cars, the Lotus elise, the M3, and a few others of that type. Im not general with my claims. There are a good bit of foreign cars I admire, but I would trade my car, my soul, and my girlfriend for a 1967' 427 tripower Stingray, so when somebody like WAY2FAST4U comes over with his high and mighty attitude, guys like me will answer the call out of pride and respect.

Point 6-No you didnt say it was only good in a straight line, but you wana know how many times Ive heard "my porche could take it on a road course." Its insane. Your point is interesting, first off as somebody who's been threw high speed pursuit training, If you need traction contral to keep yourself on the road, you shouldnt be driving the car. And your point on the ZO6 being having to much torque in rainy conditions. What the hell are you doing flooring it in the rain, you got a death wish or something. Any car can get away from you if you dont watch it, yet again if you cant keep it under control you shouldnt be driving it.

Last point- the C5R simple, everybody says american racing is just about the 1/4 mile, that we dont care about handling. This was a direct responce to that. We envented the trans am series, and dominate in GTS so yeah we do care. Yes I know the C5R is a hell or a differnt car, but everything on the C5R was designed by the same people that built the vette, so its not like they didnt know what they were doing when they built the vette.

Another one I remembered after the first post, and I really want WAY2FAST4U to read this.

1. American cars have crappy reliability.

- Answer this what car holds the World record for 100 hour endurance at top performance. Answer the ZR1 corvette. Not a Ferrari, not a NSX, or a porche, but a 5.7 liter LS5 equiped ZR1 corvette. So wheres your arguement now. You want reliability and longevity, take a look at the Chevy Caprice 9C1 police interceptor with the LT1 350, or the 71' Fury III police package with the 383 cubic inch engine, thats reliability my friend.

2. Americans dont care about Leather and Interior comfort and such.

- Hey, I lived in Florida, I hate leather of any kind, but yeah the standard GM leather is kinda low end. However we care about our comfort and such. We have 6 way power seats and all sorts of funky gadgets to play with in our top end cars. But I dont see these in Japanese or European Low end cars so why should we have them in our Cavaliers and Taurus's. As for the Vette, hey personally I'd go get a cloth interior if they had one, but If you want premium leather there are plenty of aftermarket company's out there more than willing to do it for you. My dad did the same with his truck, and Im in the middle of decking out my personal vehical with a whole bunch of do-dads and stuff.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I also respect the fact that you used logic in your last post. But in response to your last post I have a couple of answers: Yes your absolutely right that a 67 Stingray Corvette retains its value better than that of an NSX, but that's quite obvious since the Stingray is a collector's item that appreciates (rather than depreciating) in value. When I said that the NSX holds its value relatively better than a Corvette, I meant a NEW Corvette not a classical one as it wouldn't be a fair comparison in the first place to compare price tags of cars with over 30 years of age separation. I've seen 99 Corvette's for $30,000 and that's far less than a 67 Stingray in good condition would go. And yes depreciation is an important factor to consider because you'll never know when it becomes obligatory to sell a $50,000 vehicle. People might have kids coming on way and I highly doubt that a 2 seater is practical for the mobility of an infant. Another reason is that people might have to sell their car for the purpose of repaying debt, thus making depreciation an important factor to consider.

Your definition of r!ce was right on the money, but why should people be condemned from changing the appearance of their car? In a country of democracy don't people have a freedom of expression? Considering how your a cop, I do hope you understand this right. Actually if done correctly, some aesthetic modifications like custom paint or a right size spoiler can make a car look attractive. And many people modify the looks of their cars because the image of a "fast car" is important to them.

Moving on to the 6th point, yes if you're a professional driver you can control the poorest handling car. But lets be honest here, the norms are just "average" drivers and it would be quite reassuring to have super traction that enhances driver/passenger safety during seasons of high levels of precipitation. The people at R&T are highly trained professional drivers and they claimed in a road test that the Corvettes Monstrous Torque (which I love) is too responsive for in wet weather condtions but the M3 and the 911 handled like a charm in wet weather conditions. But that doesn't mean that the Z06 is a poor handler when in fact in outhandles many supercars with its active handling system, specially designed treaded tires, and it's electronic weight distributor.

And I must comment on another point that you made on Japanese cars not having the same multi seat control gadgets. The base economic Japanese cars may not have it, but Lexus and Acura which are amongst the elite in terms of luxury have the most highly advanced technology options that could match BMW, Mercedes, and Cadillac.

In conclusion, I do love the vette but the only thing that bothers me is when I encounter the ignorance I previously described on numerous occasions. I can see that you are not a typical ignorant person Lawman and I respect the fact that you use logic and evidence in your posts. <!-- Signature -->

6. WOW!!! This is a long a-- forum. It took me almost an hour to read all of the comments. Its like a big drama going on in here. Main stars like Lawman and BMW stand out. I agree that a lot of American mucile fans bash on the Jap and Euros but it could go either way. If you wanna compare the vette and the nsx, then state the thing you are compareing them for. Both cars have great attributes in their favor. The vette people say it has preformance, the nsx people can say not to many people own one. It all falls into what you think makes a great car. Im a preformance junkie so i would take the vette. (not to metion the fact that i couldent afford an 80k price tag) Im not takeing sides here. Just trying to create an equalibriam here.<!-- Signature -->

7. I did not mean to suggest that the person who started this forum is "bad" or a "jerk". I was just examining the reason he started this forum. Due to the fact that he owns an NSX he clearly did not intend for absolute objectivity to be his main focus. The stakes are too personal to him for that to occur.

I believe he intended to convince himself that his car was better than the Corvette. He is also trying to convince others this is true but only so he can be certain himself.

Your car is better for you than the Corvette or you would sell it and buy a Corvette. You don't have to convince others of this. You know it is true yourself. Extreme performance is not necessary for a daily driver so the fact that a Z06 is faster is a non-issue. You have an amazing car and you should feel good about it. I personally love NSX's but you don't need to convince everyone else that your car is right for you. If you believe it is right for you THEN IT IS.

8. Thank you for the reveiw BigRob, it needed doing. Well done.<!-- Signature -->

9. I honestly cannot beleive just how childish and immature these forums can get. Give me a break, an NSX and a Vette? First off, you sincerly can't compare these 2 equally. The Corvette costs 1/2 as much as the NSX also everyone has forgotton about the new Z06 with 405 bhp and 400lbft of torque, and it still only costs 50,000. Not real sure but that sounds like it's not even a comparison. Also to all those import lovers out there that disagree with american cars....... STAY IN YOUR OWN FANTASY LAND AND DON'T TRY TO TALK ABOUT A 4 CYLINDER OUTPROFORMING OUR STUFF!!!! You are just jealous because your cars dont have the initial hp out of the factory to compete with us. If you want to compare then let's talk STOCK!!! None of this "i spent 10 grand on my civic and it will kill your vette" We dont wanna hear it!

10. good job mate!<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b>The amount of stupidity that exists in this forum is unreal. Both the Corvette and the NSX are great cars but I'm sick and tired of all the idiots who say "why would you pay $90,000 when the Corvette can smoke it for cheaper?" Well here's the answer to your moronic question:

Did you idiots ever stop and think that people buy cars for other reasons than just going .3 seconds faster than the next guy? The NSX costs more simply because more effort and quality went into making the car compared to that of the Corvette. GM uses cheap plastic for its interior finish while Honda/Acura uses exotic leather for a premium interior finish. The NSX also has a more reliable suspension compared to that of the Corvette. In Consumer Reports Auto Magazine, the NSX was rated as Exceptional in reliablity and quality (exceptional being the highest rating possible) while the Corvette got a "poor" rating for reliability and quality (poor being the lowest rating possible). On top of all this, the NSX is far more rare than the largely availbable Corvette. How many NSXs do you see on the road compared to the abundant Corvettes. If any of you had any recollection of economics you would understand that the more rare something is, the higher the price range must be in order to prevent shortages from excess demand. Also, due to the fact that the NSX is more exotic, it also has a much higher resale value. So for the reason that the NSX has reliability, premium luxury, and value retention compared to the Corvette's poor reliability, cheap plastic interior, and higher depreciation the NSX is priced higher and is worth more than the cheaply priced Corvette. Like I said, the Corvette does outperform the NSX but the NSX is a far more exotic and reliable automobile.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    1.)I never heard of an unreliable suspension. Are you serious?

2.)It's true that more people buy Corvettes. Are you saying that that's evidence of inferiority?

3.)I hope to buy a used NSX someday. I've been reading the ads. I'm quite pleased to see that they don't hold their value very well.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey mpg do you know how to read or are you just stupid? I never said that "corvettes are more inferior because more people buy them". You're an idiot! I said that in terms of production numbers, Corvettes are far more abundant than NSXs. I'm assuming you're still a kid who doesn't understand economics, but as rarity increases so does the price tag of the commodity, in this case the NSX is an exotic rarity compared to a Corvette. And like I said in my previous post, Corvettes recieved a poor rating in reliability in Consumer's Report Auto Magazine (not because more people buy them) while the NSX recieved an exceptional rating (the highest reliability rating possible). And NSXs do retain their value RELATIVE to Corvettes due to the fact that they are more rare and better built automobiles. And if you misread my last post (I'm sure you did judging by your moronic reply) the NSX has a higher price tag because it has reliability, premium luxury, and value retention compared to the Corvette's poor reliability, cheap plastic interior, and higher depreciation. <!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette_Pro</i>
    <b>BMW M, care to post any links to these consumer reports mentioning how shoddy the Corvette is? I wanna see some solid proof that the 2002 Corvette is made of cheap plastic. I wanna see some proof that the Corvette has such poor build quality and reliability.

And even as a rare exotic, the NSX is still damn expensive. Ever hear of the Lotus Espirit V8? Howabout the Porsche 911 Carerra? Or the Dodge Viper? All exotics, all rare, and all cost less than the NSX..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You want me to send you the link to Consumer's Report Auto Magazine (April Yearly Review)? It's not some crappy web site written by Joe Blow, it's a respectable professional magazine assessed and written by world renowned automotive professionals. But you knew that right?*sarcasm* Why don't you get off your fat ass and go take a look at or buy the magazine (sold newstands everywhere) instead of being in denial that the vette's recieved a poor reliability rating. Those were professionals who have been assessing automobiles 20 years before you were born(1992). And if you don't believe professionals and people who have owned the car(I've talked to them and seen their vettes)who speak of the Corvette's cheap plastic interior, why don't you once again get off your fat ass and actually go to a GM dealership and look inside a Corvette. It's quite sad how you love the Corvette so much yet haven't even seen one's interior? You kids make me laugh!<!-- Signature -->

13. Z-06 your a cock smoker, you should know that japanese cars are NOT made to personally compete against its american counterparts. This kind of bullshit competition only exists in the states where ford and chevy and dodge try to compete against one another. The japanese cars are made for reliability, longevity, to keep value and acceleration/top speed is far behind in importance for japanese engeneers. Then you talk about the japs needing a boost just to keep up with the american counterparts, well no shit, put a vette engine in an NSX and watch the NSX OUT PERFORM a corvette with the same engine, now put an NSX engine into the Corvette and watch a stock YUGO outperform the vette.

Finally everyone says that no Japanese car can take a z-06 or even a stock vette for the same price tag, EVER HEAR OF hmmm LANCER evo? Or maybe Impreza STI? price tag on these babies 30,000. Oh and yes 0-60 easily in the mid 4's. <!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Z-06 your a cock smoker, you should know that japanese cars are NOT made to personally compete against its american counterparts. This kind of bullshit competition only exists in the states where ford and chevy and dodge try to compete against one another. The japanese cars are made for reliability, longevity, to keep value and acceleration/top speed is far behind in importance for japanese engeneers. Then you talk about the japs needing a boost just to keep up with the american counterparts, well no shit, put a vette engine in an NSX and watch the NSX OUT PERFORM a corvette with the same engine, now put an NSX engine into the Corvette and watch a stock YUGO outperform the vette.

Finally everyone says that no Japanese car can take a z-06 or even a stock vette for the same price tag, EVER HEAR OF hmmm LANCER evo? Or maybe Impreza STI? price tag on these babies 30,000. Oh and yes 0-60 easily in the mid 4's. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Efficency huh, well considering that the vette gets 19 city and 28 highway on miles per gallon I think thats pretty damn good efficency out of a "Big 5.7 Liter." And considering your getting 17 city and 24 highway that makes the Vette overall more efficent. Who the hell cars if your engine can get 50 miles per gallon if your driveline causes you to crank 18. The only reason your car runs so quick off the line is because you have high ratio gears in the rear end. Put a set of 3.08's in there or 3.43's like the vette and you can watch your 0-60 fall off by .2 seconds.

Oh and now you want to start sticking the vette engine in other stuff, wait I thought you said it was a bad motor, all that "stoneage technology" and those "Inefficent components" why would you want to do that. Wait, could it be because the LS1 and LS6 are two of the most bullet proof motors on the planet. If OHV 5.7 liters are so bad, than why is it the most proliferated (common) motor on the planet. Followed by the Ford Vulcan 3.0 liter that you'll find in the taurus and the mazda 626. The LS1's LT1's LT4's and LS6's are some of the most technologically advanced engines you can get. And unlike your "limited production" NSX you can actually find parts and components for these motors when you do start modding them.

And your little Lancer Evo, and other little 30 grand Road cource cars. Big deal. You wana spend 30 grand on that go for it. You wana spend 30 grand on an F-body or a Mustang good for you. You wana ***** and whine and beg till your parents buy your lazy trust fund ass an NSX, well no thats just sad. One of the best moments of my life was handing over the Cash I had EARNED!!!! working and having them hand me the keys to MY!!!!! car. Not the day my parents wrote a check and told me here's a new toy for there little boy.<!-- Signature -->

15. BMW M

1.)Everyone knows about the law of supply and demand. When did I dispute that?

2.)Why do your posts contain huge amounts of hostility?

3.)According to my reading, Corvettes hold their value better than NSXs. Why do you dispute that?<!-- Signature -->

16. ----------------------------
    You want me to send you the link to Consumer's Report Auto Magazine (April Yearly Review)? It's not some crappy web site written by Joe Blow, it's a respectable professional magazine assessed and written by world renowned automotive professionals. But you knew that right?*sarcasm* Why don't you get off your fat ass and go take a look at or buy the magazine (sold newstands everywhere) instead of being in denial that the vette's recieved a poor reliability rating. Those were professionals who have been assessing automobiles 20 years before you were born(1992). And if you don't believe professionals and people who have owned the car(I've talked to them and seen their vettes)who speak of the Corvette's cheap plastic interior, why don't you once again get off your fat ass and actually go to a GM dealership and look inside a Corvette. It's quite sad how you love the Corvette so much yet haven't even seen one's interior? You kids make me laugh!
    ---------------------------

For your information, I have gotten up off my lazy ass and bought magazines. And read professionally written articles. And reader reviews. And Ive seen and sat in the interior of Corvettes. Ive ridden in them with friends. They arent made of "premium leather", but that doesnt mean its automatically cheap plastic. Cheap plastic cracks and splits in 2 years. Corvette interiors happen to last very long. Infact, Ive seen cars that are made of actual leather have the interiors deteriorate quicker. And this so called "lowest possible" quality rating. I have yet to see anyone rate the Corvette poorly. I must question what exactly it is the reports you read are rating, cause it sure is hell aint the actual quality of the car. I wouldnt be suprised if it was beeing rated on it's luxury, in which case its not suprising because the Corvette never was and never will be about luxury. The Corvette is a performance car, premium luxury is about as important to a Corvette as torque is to the NSX.

And MPG, Corvettes dont hold their value well at all compared to NSXs. A 1 year old Corvette can be found for over $20,000 of the MSRP depending on the mileage. Ive seen 6 nd 7 year old NSXs going for around $35,000. 6 or 7 year old Corvettes could possibly be gotten for under $10,000. I personally like the Corvette's fast depriciation, because it puts one easily within my reach. I could care less about resale value, I grew up with a family who's cars sold for less than $500. so a Corvette has more than enough resale for me.

17. I never would have thought this forum could go on so long. If the person who started it would pay attention to me then he would be on his way to resolve his problem. I cannot help you if you do not help yourself.

18. Damn, that Lingenfelter Supercharged Corvette is fast. 0-100 in 7.7 seconds. That's 3.2 seconds faster than the supercharged Comptech NSX. And the Comptech had an estimated price of $140K.

19. BTW, this is not to say that the Corvette is "better" than the NSX, anymore than it's valid to claim the NSX is "better". Being low-production and hand-built doesn't ensure better quality, unless human beings are perfect in what they do (and we all know that's clearly not the case). Rarity in numbers is a personal preference, not a factor that directly correlates to better quality.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SCREW the japs and the euro crap toys</i>
    <b>the civic is a cheap ass bimbo car,only weak ass hoe's cheap ass bimbo's and stupid ass kid's would buy crap like that,it's just garbage,if i should be that poor that i must drive a piece of shit like that i would kill myself,now tell me witch stupid #$%# will invest 20k's in a wheelchair whit rims?that would be a stupid thing to do,and sure i understand that a civic will smoke a Vette,couse the owner of the Vette has to pull over so he can take the time to laugh his ass of,and by the way japs are for losers real man drive american quality luxury and power,and the fastest street cars in the #$%#ing world still will be the Henesy850tt Viper Venom, the CamaroZL1 and the Cadillac Cien,and there is nothing you riceboys can do about that,but don't wory couse you never will reach the top speed that the car can reach,there is just to much traffic for that,and why you bitches allways try to drag to eachother,it don't got no #$%#ing result,it's just a waste of time,and by the way a jap car can't drag couse the engine is to weak for that,you will #$%# up your own wheelchiar whit rims,and then it won't even last 10 feet,now go get your toys together,and get as the #$%# as posseble back to school before they will kick you out punk. now try to do that whit that jap and euro garbage you can't LOSER</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You're destroying the reputation of American cars. Many people worked long and hard for the sake of American cars. You're undoing that hard work. Are you an American car hater in disguise?<!-- Signature -->

21. He/she is obvviously a second identity. Why else have a name like that and spout that trash. A lot of people do this. I am convinced there are like 5 internet junkies that just post this crap because they have not been laid a few million years and they are too lazy to get jobs or an education.<!-- Signature -->

22. Guibo, you kick ass!!

WAY2FAST, i guess you didnt read my post, thats cool, i guess i was correct then, pussy!

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b>BMW M

1.)Everyone knows about the law of supply and demand. When did I dispute that?

2.)Why do your posts contain huge amounts of hostility?

3.)According to my reading, Corvettes hold their value better than NSXs. Why do you dispute that?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Do you want to know why I'm so hostile and why I hate most American muscle fans?

1)They are all a bunch of hypocrites who think it's okay to use an argument but then condemn somebody else from using the same argument: i.e. They're "allowed" to say that "you can't compare a Z06 to a Ferrari because the Ferrari COSTS more even though it smokes the Vette; and you can supe up the Z06 to smoke an F50"

Then when I use the same argument to defend that the EVO VII costs $10,000 less than the base Corvette and can hang with and still have the $10k for modifications, the comparison becomes "unfair" since the Z06 should be compared as it's the BEST GM has to offer. But even that's stupid because with the $20,000 saved you could mod the Evo or the STi to smoke the Z06.

See the hypocracy?

2)They have no perception of quality, reliability, longevity, exclusivity, CLASS, luxury, technology.

There have been several idiots coming into the M3 forum and saying that the Firehawk is better than the M3 because it costs less. And when you use facts to burn them and prove that the M3 is the better handler, better accelerator, has premium luxury, premium comfort, premium technology, top grade safety, a "very good" reliability rating (Consumer's Report Magazine) they have the nerve to call you onesided and biased when they are the morons comparing an inferior car to a superior one.

3) They are annoying as hell

Everywhere you go you see Corvette Z06 vs. XXXX. By XXXX choose any car on this site and the Potato boys try to argue using irrelevant comments to try to prove that the Corvette Z06 is the greatest car when it's not. And when you try to use facts and show them that the Corvettes flaws include a cheap plastic interior and inferior reliability, you get people like Guibo telling you that "just because a car is reliable and uses quality parts it doesn't mean it will last longer" Then GUIBO why don't you go buy a Lada Samara and pretend that it won't break down on you?

4) All they like to do is make trouble

Just go into the individual forums and you'll see nothing but American prejudiced muscle propaganda written everywhere. Go to the JAPANESE forum and see psychotic depressed loners like Spyder757 leading his trademark of prejudiced and hate all over the forum.

5) They are ignorant and stereotypical

Most American muscle fans don't even know the meaning of "r!ce", yet they have the nerve to use it for even the highest performing automobiles like the Supra, NSX, Skyline, EVO VII, WRX STi. Just look at this forum alone and you'll see what I mean. The word "r!ce" is a racist word, but it is also used to describe ANY car (not just Japanese cars) that has been modified aesthetically (stickers, spoilers, custom paint) to "look" fast without any performance modifications to the engines. And ignorant American muscle fans have the nerve to call any high performance Japanese car a "r!cer". It's like me correlating the Cavaliers performance with that of a Corvette.

6) Most of them are in denial

When you prove an American Muscle fan that his/her car has flaws he/she is unwilling to accept the facts. Look in this forum and you'll see. I provided evidence and even "wrote the magazine name down" yet there are still idiots saying "I'll see it when you send the link". Hey morons it's a reliable magazine assessed by automotive professional who were assessing cars when you were soiling your diapers. Get off your asses and go buy the issue of Consumer's Repor Auto Magazine sold newstands everywhere.

7) A lot of American muscle fans show their ingnorance and hate through the simple creation of their username

I've never seen so many variations of hateful usernames stating "Japcarssuck", "phuckHonda", "Japiscrap", or how about the retard that just recently registered and spread his biggotted propaganda, I believe his username is "Screw Japanese and Euro crap toys" or something of that nature. I've seen at least 500 different hateful usernames all of which belong to American muscle boys.

I hope I have illustrated why I hate American muscle fans as there are many more reasons and I don't want to illustrate further what most of you already know. I actually like the Corvette and I used to be a large Corvette fan. But the biggotry and ignorance I see with most American muscle fans has soured me into even correlating an interest towards the Corvette or any American car for that matter. Instead of making people like American cars, Amercian car enthusiasts do the opposite and make people become anti-American car lovers. And I know that after my post some typical American Muscle fan will say something retarded and further prove my point.<!-- Signature -->

24. The Vette will beat your NSX anyday, and not only is it faster it's also HALF THE PRICE!