Re: Dont get so COCKY GM guys, F-bodies will NEVER be back and t

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by Bene, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevybeast</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>A lot of guys are angry here 'cos they know this will kick a lot of vettes on streets for much...much less than they paid...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oops ! and I forgot to say.... This is KICKING the '03 Vette !!

Happy 50th birthday, vette !!!

I hope you remember this date for years !!! LOL !</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> WHOA there kid!! You have a lot of guts thinking that the cobra will ever be in the same class as the vette. sure it has more hp, but weighs a ton in comparison. The 03 vette of which you speak, is a coupe. Not (mind you) the Z06. In fact, given the weight and weight distribution of the two, id say even a stock coupe would take out a new cobra. Nobody can say for sure intil the match is don, but that is just my opinion based on hard facts. Im not doggin the new cobra. in fact id say its nice to have a car with so much hp for less. But trying to put it down by saying its a POS for 03 is devine ignorance on your part. Sure the mustang is a legend, but the vette was a legacy way before the first mustang concept was even thought of. being in buisness for half a centry.......now thats a tru legend.
    P.S. If i hurt your feelings concerning anything you have said before.....cry a river......build a bridge......and get over it.
    P.P.S.i hope the date comes when people like you stop trying to make enemies out of fellow american car manufacturing fans. But ill tell you this...makeing enemies out of us is not helping your cause.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Alright buddy, you think you are so smart, so let's do the math, shall we??? We all know by now that the new Cobra is SEVERELY UNDERRATED in terms of its flywheel horsepower. This was documented in 5.0 Mustang Magazine this month with a write up about the dyno results of the new Cobra. The new Cobra spun the dyno to the tune of 360 rear wheel horsepower, which is equivalent to about 420 horsepower at the flywheel. Anyway, now that we have that litte fact out in the open, lets calculate power/weight ratios of the two cars:

2003 50th Anniversary Chevrolet Corvette Coupe:

Curb Weight: 3214lbs.
    Horsepower: 350

Power to Weight Ratio: 350/3216 = .10889

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra:

Curb Weight: 3664lbs.
    Horsepower: 420

Power to Weight Ratio: 420/3664 = .11463

Well, well, well...what have we here??? If I'm not mistaken, I believe the COBRA has the advantage in power to weight ratio!!! This means that, given two equally skilled drivers behind the wheel of both cars, the Cobra will win. Let this be a lesson to you not to open your mouth before you know the facts.<!-- Signature -->

2. Oh man, you Ford people...ok what type of dyno was the 03 run on? try suspension dyno which are known to run around 20 hp more. Next think of the fact that it is a mustang magazine. In both chevy and ford magazine's there are bias's. You know why they have enlarged specs?? Enlarged sales. Third, ok you wanna add superchargers? Lingefelter supercharger complete kit for $8126.78 with install, 0-60....3.7 1.4 mid/high 11's easy. Don't ever try to put a mustang against an F-Body, but ESPECIALLY not a Vette. That is an insult.

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secar</i>
    <b>Oh man, you Ford people...ok what type of dyno was the 03 run on? try suspension dyno which are known to run around 20 hp more. Next think of the fact that it is a mustang magazine. In both chevy and ford magazine's there are bias's. You know why they have enlarged specs?? Enlarged sales. Third, ok you wanna add superchargers? Lingefelter supercharger complete kit for $8126.78 with install, 0-60....3.7 1.4 mid/high 11's easy. Don't ever try to put a mustang against an F-Body, but ESPECIALLY not a Vette. That is an insult. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ahahahaha, your funny. Suspension dyno WTF is that? I didn't know you could dyno your suspension. I think your talking about a chassis dyno.

#1 don't talk about stuff you don't know about
    #2 nobody said anything about a mustang mag
    #3 20hp less? ever heard of SAE corrected??
    #4 never compare a modded car (lingenfelter) to a stock car (03cobra)

Thank you and have a nice day!

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secar</i>
    <b>Oh man, you Ford people...ok what type of dyno was the 03 run on? try suspension dyno which are known to run around 20 hp more. Next think of the fact that it is a mustang magazine. In both chevy and ford magazine's there are bias's. You know why they have enlarged specs?? Enlarged sales. Third, ok you wanna add superchargers? Lingefelter supercharger complete kit for $8126.78 with install, 0-60....3.7 1.4 mid/high 11's easy. Don't ever try to put a mustang against an F-Body, but ESPECIALLY not a Vette. That is an insult. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You are a [email protected] idiot newbie. We are talking about STOCK CARS HERE, NOT F#CKING LINGENFELTER SUPERCHARGED CORVETTES. This STOCK Mustang will beat a STOCK Corvette. End of story. Now get the hell out of here.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 11secar</i>

Oh, and one more thing about the Mustang Magazine argument...just because a magazine devotes itself to covering Fords only means nothing in terms of the dyno results they reported. THE DYNO OWNER IS AN INDEPENDENT ENTITY, WITH NO TIES WHATSOEVER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY. Got any more stupid shit to say to me, newbie?????<!-- Signature -->

6. I'm so sick of these idiot Chevy people using the same old sob-storied excuses and/or comebacks. Oh, 'Waaah-waaah', not fair, you have a supercharger!!! What if I had one???" Or, better yet, "Waaah-waaah, you might have more horsepower, but my car is lighter!"

[email protected] OFF, EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

The Z06 can beat the '03 Cobra, but what does that mean? Comparing the Z06 with the Cobra is like comparing the Z06 with the GT40. But, since it was the chevy guy who started comparing cars from different classes, the new GT40 will SPANK the Z06 in every way possible. Ford wins.

8. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW545</i>
    <b>The Z06 can beat the '03 Cobra, but what does that mean? Comparing the Z06 with the Cobra is like comparing the Z06 with the GT40. But, since it was the chevy guy who started comparing cars from different classes, the new GT40 will SPANK the Z06 in every way possible. Ford wins. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Good call. I never said this car would beat a Z06 in stock form, but it sure as hell will beat a base Corvette Coupe!!!! The Z06 will have more than it can handle in the GT-40.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I Hate RustStangs</i>
    <b>Yeah but chevybeast you have to realize one thing too! As much as I love the corvette, and loathe the Mustang, these guys are just trying to hold their own! Go browse around this forum and I swear 9 out of 10 posts always have "Yeah but the zo6 or c5 will whip it's ass!"
    that's what these guys are talking about! And frankly I'm sick of it too! It's just an ignorant, and I mean ignorant statement!
    Almost like a 5 year old with no knowledge, just says that shit, but I know a few people who are guilty of it, so I try to stay out of that posts cuz it turns into a heated battle of ignornance!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> I realize these guys are trying to hold their own but they dont have to do it by trying to bash the vette by saying "its a POS". Both you and i know, THAT is an ignorant statement. As i have said before both cars have somthing good about them in their own way. I just think the vette has more points in its favor. But both sides would like to say their heavy favorite would win agaisnt the other. Its all just a matter of opionion and preferance. I have no problem with people rooting on their favorite, but bashing another persons favorite to try and make theirs look better is childish. Case and point. The heated battles you speak of are a combonation of ignorance and preferance. Not to metion the people who start forums by saying,"my dads van could beat this" Those people are the ones i grow tired of. Thanx for the imput ihaterustangs. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

No one is saying the corvette coupe is a pos. Anyone who says either of those cars are pos's is f*cking kidding themselves. Ford guys are just saying that the '03 cobra will beat the corvette in a strait line despite being priced 10k less and we're sick of hearing 'oh, but the corvette has class and will beat the mustang around a track'. Right now we really can't say which car will win around the track and the elegance class sh*t is just that, sh*t. The corvette is still very well priced for its all round performance, just the new cobra is right now the best bang for your buck in auto performance. That's all.

11. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>No one is saying the corvette coupe is a pos. Anyone who says either of those cars are pos's is f*cking kidding themselves. Ford guys are just saying that the '03 cobra will beat the corvette in a strait line despite being priced 10k less and we're sick of hearing 'oh, but the corvette has class and will beat the mustang around a track'. Right now we really can't say which car will win around the track and the elegance class sh*t is just that, sh*t. The corvette is still very well priced for its all round performance, just the new cobra is right now the best bang for your buck in auto performance. That's all.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> There was a guy earlier who said the corvette was s--t but he hasent posted for a long time. Your right about saying its too early to say who would win around the track. I was just saying the cobra has the strip advantage with the power it produces, and the vette has the track advantage with its disign and weight distribution. If you say elegance is shit..well thats your preferance. But i would rather be seen driving a vette than a stang. Thas just my preferance. I agree the cobra is the best bang for your buck now, but it will be a long time before it will ever put the vette out of production. And yes....one guy did say that. He qouted that since the stang took out the camaro, the corvette is next. You seem as though your on the same page with me on these cars so you have my respect.<!-- Signature -->

12. No problem!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Hey back off about chics being #$%#ing idiots! not all of them are! I'm not stupid enough to buy a baby car like a mustang. I'd rather drive around on my bike! Mustangs are for people who can't take speed, heat, and thrill! Obviously the Corvette's kick everyone's ass! Sorry but they do! So shut up already!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SexyCarChick33</i>
    <b>Hey back off about chics being #$%#ing idiots! not all of them are! I'm not stupid enough to buy a baby car like a mustang. I'd rather drive around on my bike! Mustangs are for people who can't take speed, heat, and thrill! Obviously the Corvette's kick everyone's ass! Sorry but they do! So shut up already!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A baby car?!? Well duh the vette is faster, it cost what, 20,000 more than the 2001 cobra will! Sorry to burst you bubble but the cobra will probably take the base vette and spank it till its ass turns red. Now with that off my mind how the hell is the 2003 cobra a baby car. When has 420hp been called "a baby car ", I'm pretty sure that that will put the mustang in a whole other class. The camaro and firebird get spanked by the vette, does that make them baby cars to? I love all the newer muscle cars, so don't go dissing any of them.

15. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SexyCarChick33</i>
    <b>Hey back off about chics being #$%#ing idiots! not all of them are! I'm not stupid enough to buy a baby car like a mustang. I'd rather drive around on my bike! Mustangs are for people who can't take speed, heat, and thrill! Obviously the Corvette's kick everyone's ass! Sorry but they do! So shut up already!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey new member, shutup. How does the corvette kick everyone's ass? Sure it costs more but it doesn't kick it's ass, but do you offer any backup. NO. Is 12.4-12.7 quarter slow? NO. Is a bike more thrilling? Hell No. Go back to the middle school,sexycarprick cuz you can only ride bikes.

16. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

if your going to comment on my post read the whole thing before you do

the new cobra is a tite car but i dont know if it could handle the corvette on the race track. the srock vette is a well balenced car with a great susp but and its light the stock cobra has a good susp and great power but with that iron block and all its quite heavy. id like to see the mustang be a car to contend with the corvette on the race track. (road corse not drag strip or oval) but i just dont know if it has the handeling to get it done i have a 01 cobra and its the most fun iv had driving a car the firebird and camaro felt great in a line but to unstable to be what i wanted.

17. #217 MaximusMeridius, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FearThe3000gt</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Iverson</i>
    <b>Here are two more sites hoseman.

http://www.staphonline.com/2003cobra.html
    This one says just under 5 seconds (motortrend)

http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/03cobrainfo.html
    And this site says 4.6 seconds, which is the fastest time I found for this car. However its estamited on both sites.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey iverson, This car does 0-60 in 5.6 secs stupid american,
    thats only if a fast car is pushing it,
    the 3000gt will kill this car

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

YOU SIR ARE AN IDIOT!

18. #218 OblivioN, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

I think it is funny that all the comparisons on this board are with a car that will be priced around $33,000 (Cobra) with a car priced around $52,000 (Z06). I don't doubt the Z06 would win, but I do doubt very much that it has $20,000 more power. As long as you people don't care about the price you might as well all buy Vipers since they will kick the sh*t out of either one of these cars. Since price doesn't matter you should just get the Hennessey Motorsports 800TT Viper with 0-60 time of 2.4 secs as shown in this MotorTrend article
    http://www.motortrend.com/june01/ttviper/ttviper_f.html
    It is fully street legal warrantied production car. Neither the Cobra or the Z06 can compare to that. So you guys have fun comparing cars with a vastly different price, but as long as you are doing that remember that if price doesn't matter you will both get whipped.

19. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevybeast</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>No one is saying the corvette coupe is a pos. Anyone who says either of those cars are pos's is f*cking kidding themselves. Ford guys are just saying that the '03 cobra will beat the corvette in a strait line despite being priced 10k less and we're sick of hearing 'oh, but the corvette has class and will beat the mustang around a track'. Right now we really can't say which car will win around the track and the elegance class sh*t is just that, sh*t. The corvette is still very well priced for its all round performance, just the new cobra is right now the best bang for your buck in auto performance. That's all.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> There was a guy earlier who said the corvette was s--t but he hasent posted for a long time. Your right about saying its too early to say who would win around the track. I was just saying the cobra has the strip advantage with the power it produces, and the vette has the track advantage with its disign and weight distribution. If you say elegance is shit..well thats your preferance. But i would rather be seen driving a vette than a stang. Thas just my preferance. I agree the cobra is the best bang for your buck now, but it will be a long time before it will ever put the vette out of production. And yes....one guy did say that. He qouted that since the stang took out the camaro, the corvette is next. You seem as though your on the same page with me on these cars so you have my respect.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Neither car is a piece of shit. If someone starts callin 35k+ pieces of shit then they have a problem. People in these forums are just tryin to back their car. They dont like hearing bad things about them. To me i would rather be seen drivin this car then a vette, but thats just my preference. Another thing that pisses me off is that chevy guys come in here and start bitchin that if they put a supercharger on their camaro or vette it would kick ass. thats not going to happen so why in the hell do they even start sayin shit like that.I think with the amount of power that the cobra has it will be able to take the vette on the strip and possibly on the track. the vette maybe able to take the turn better but once out of the turn, the cobra will out accelerate it and possibly take it. I cant wait til this comparison actully happens, it will cool to see the results.As of right know, I think the '03 cobra has the best bang for its buck!!

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from KaNe</i>
    <b>GM guys are frequently angry 'cos they're allways paying much more and they're being fequently beaten by mustangs...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

BS!!! you are lying to yourself

MUSTANGS HAVE NEVER BEATEN A CAMARO or FIREBIRD IN PERFORMANCE YEAR BY YEAR!!!!! yes they outsold them thx to the pssy V6 moddels that gurls find 2 be "cute" and affordable. but performance wise!!!! BE HONEST 2 your SELF!!!! A MUSTANG HAS NEVER I MEAN NEVER I MEAN NEVER BEATEN A CAMARO or a FIREBIRD!! be honest 2 your self GEEEEEEEZ!!! freaken ignorant ford guys r driving me insane!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I know how much I paid for my car and I'm happy with its performance.

But, look at yourself.

I'm not angry. You are.

I don't care about your 'comrade' and his 'birdstuff'.

I can buy Stangs for low prices and they're really good for me.

If I ever want more power I'll pay too few to make them fast enough to kick your comrade and his bird, together.

I own 4 Mustangs and I'll never exchange none of them to your bird-comrade shit.

Mustangs are cheap to mantain and the best price performce ever.

You have no camaro with 390hp. In fact, you have no camaro anywhere today. leave your Camaro rest in peace besides Charger and Chevelle.

Get lost. Thanks.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Lido, this WILL be the first Mustang in a long ass time that would beat an F-Body, and for your ass, I hope the Camaro and Firebird come back soon or your competitionless Mustang will turn into a FWD 4-banger! Be nice, because life without competition is so boring!<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Meradur</i>
    <b>Lido, this WILL be the first Mustang in a long ass time that would beat an F-Body, and for your ass, I hope the Camaro and Firebird come back soon or your competitionless Mustang will turn into a FWD 4-banger! Be nice, because life without competition is so boring!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Without competition ?

Vettes, in their class, are playing ALONE for years... they're fighting euros...

Mustangs will do the same... fighting euros and jap cars in muscle class.

And forget yout Camaro. GM already forgot. LOL !<!-- Signature -->

23. Huge post, big waste

Well it seems another rivalry is going on here. That REALLY irratates me of this "that cars ****" stuff. I guess nobody out there's a true car lover. I mean, I like chevy all the way. Ford is it's enemy ya? But I'm noticing and likin' the legends ford made too! Wake up! Smell the rubber! The chevy's and ford's burnt rubber smell the same!
    Ford vs. Chevy
    what do I say? Am I one of THEM? Or am I a car lover.
    I know! lol of course! All I can say to them both is Godspeed.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Dont get so COCKY ford guys ,F-bodies will be back soon(MORE

Uh, the Charger is coming back too. It will be fit with a 5.8 Hemi. Ready to charge at the pony's!!!<!-- Signature -->