similar to fast and the furious

Discussion in '1997 NISMO 400R' started by bob777, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Its still the same car. Its just been ryced up a little more since the movie.

2. Re: similar to fast and the furious

wow, someone who actually knows what they are talking about, I'm impressed. Thanks for actually adding to the discussion and proving that not all of the people on these boards are complete morons.

3. Re: similar to fast and the furious

it does look like it tho. anywho, dude who knows sweet feck all about cars here boyos, but i wanna learn. y'know the green car at the start of F&F? what the hell is it? am i gonna get a slap if i thought for a sec it was a 3000GT?

4. Re: similar to fast and the furious

an r33 is a skyline moron, get outta here, rednecks like you, you see the fast and the furious and you think your an all out import boy, with your little import avatar, and some name about modifying but you dont know of THE most popular and probably best japanese automoblie you can find.

5. Re: similar to fast and the furious

nissan motorsports

6. Re: similar to fast and the furious

ahh its all good, its an eclipse turbo.

7. #32 KitCarMan, Jan 19, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: similar to fast and the furious

its a mitsubishi eclipse turbo. its supposed to be front wheel drive (i think) so how it done some of those drifts i dont know.
    anyway. its time for a prayer to the god of all cars.

dear god,
    we thank you for the mutha of all cars
    we thank you for that glorious engine
    we thank you for the sweet looks
    we thank you for its excelent handling
    we thank you for the motoring nutcases at NISMO for tuning it to even more perfection.
    we thank you for the Nissan Skyline.

Amen

i guess most of u already know this site, but if u dont, then here it is:

http://www.exvitermini.com/

be sure to check out the GTR-700!

8. Re: similar to fast and the furious

There wasn't anything special with the drifts in the movie. You can drift with FWD cars if you have the skills, the suspension and the tires for that(handbrake and left foot braking helps alot).

9. Re: similar to fast and the furious

the skyline in F&F is a skyline r33 gts-t, rwd with an rb26dett and a nismo kit. the eclipse is actually rwd and runs a 4g93 from an evo 6, the blue car vince drives is a supercharged nissan primera with an sr20de and jesses car is a vw jetta with a 2.4 turbo engine. doms cars are a twin turbo rx-7 and runs 12s, the charger is an e49 inline six cylinder supercharged 4.9 from a private owner in australia and is aussie made. all except the charger have in house tuners bodykits, custom graphics and house of kolor paint jobs

10. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Geez... where did you dig up those specs?
    The yellow Skyline is a R33 GT-R(ex pikes peak contender).
    The Eclipse is a GS-T(FWD turbo, 4G63T engine).
    The blue Nissan isn't a Primera, it's a Maxima.
    The VW is indeed known as the Jetta in the US. In europe, that model is known as the Vento. I don't know about the engine, but prob. a tweaked 2.0l 4cyl or the VR6.
    The RX-7 is a... well RX-7.
    The Charger is a 440cid monster with supercharged power. It's a V8 monster, not a l6.

Oh... it just occured to me. You are a troll.

11. same base car but completely different

12. Re: similar to fast and the furious

okay Mr supra TT you are a dick and you are WRONG!!!!

The yellow skyline is a GTS-T with a GT-R engine and body kit and a paint job
    The eclipse is a RWD with an EVO VI engine it with N2O
    The blue nissan is and american Primera (maxima in aust but diff engines)
    The VW is a fully worked JETTA on N2O
    The RX-7 is a veilside RX-7 with body kit, tweaked engine and paint running a 70hp N2O kit

Yes the charger is a V8 that runs 9's.

i got all of my info from Fast Fours magazine (australia)

oh yeah if you didn't know N2O is NOS.

13. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Believe me, the Skyline wasn't a GTS-T with a GT-R engine. In fact there isn't a R33 Skyline GTS-T, the only models are GTS / GTS25 / GTS4 / GTS25t / GTR, so how can it be a GTS-T? Yes it had a body kit and yes it was painted, but it was a GT-R(interior was pretty stock GT-R).

The Eclipse in the movie isn't RWD. It in the movie was a GSX or a GS-T. And yes it has the same base engine as the Evo(all the turbo Eclipses have it) but it produces about 210-220hp stock.

The blue Nissan was a Maxima, that's it.

No arguing about the VW

Or the Dodge either.

Don't believe everything you see in the movies or read in the magazines(or in the internet either).

Actually N20 is short for Nitrogen Oxide and NOS stands for Nitrous Oxygene Systems. It is the company founded by Mike Thermos and Dale Vaznaian. They were the first to produce N2O kits for sale(mass production), but today there are many other manufacturers too.

Go watch some more movies.

14. Re: similar to fast and the furious

N20 is Nitrous Oxide, not nitrogen oxide. If ya don't believe me go read a chemistry book. Also in america there was no such thing as a maxima when the fast and the furious was made, it was called the primera, and the eclipse is a RWD. Don't believe me, watch the movie, and at the start when he's cruising around the car park and also in the race against Dom (vin disel) the rear wheels spin not the front ones...idiot
    Also the GTS-t was made in the R33 model, its the GTS with a turbo you pin head. You don't believe me, check any newspaper where the cars are advertised and there will be a tonne of R33 GTS-t for sale, okay.

Also one more question, when do you see the interior of the skyline in the movie?

15. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Ahh... I give up. I don't have the mental strenght to continue this stupid fight.

16. #41 SupraTT, Jul 30, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  17. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Could you at least get ONE thing right when you post?

The Nissan Primera is not marketed as the "Primera" in the U.S.
    The eclipse is EITHER FWD or AWD....there is NO RWD variant....and further more, the eclipse in the movie was a dressed up GSR (front wheel drive NON-turbo) ....amazing what movie tricks can do.
    The R33 came in GTS-25T trim....the 2.0L T (GTS-T) wasn`t offered due to the heavier frame of the R33

18. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Ahhh... there is someone else with brains.
    I didn't know that the Eclipse was a GSR.

19. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Oh no...look out....I forgot to add an S....."GS/RS"

Pardon me....

20. Re: similar to fast and the furious

the skyline in F&F is a skyline r33 gts-t, rwd with an rb26dett and a nismo kit. the eclipse is actually rwd and runs a 4g93 from an evo 6, the blue car vince drives is a supercharged nissan primera with an sr20de and jesses car is a vw jetta with a 2.4 turbo engine. doms cars are a twin turbo rx-7 and runs 12s, the charger is an e49 inline six cylinder supercharged 4.9 from a private owner in australia and is aussie made. all except the charger have in house tuners bodykits, custom graphics and house of kolor paint jobs
    quoted bt korokorn
    I just had to make a comment on this to start things off they don't even make an rwd eclipse. Where the hell did you come up with the thought that the charger is a straight six that has probably never been done in american history. That is not an primera that i have never even seen one i beileve it is a supercharged altima/maxima not sure on that one.

21. Re: similar to fast and the furious

This car is really awsome!!!!!!! I always wondered what the yellow car was in "The Fast and the Furious", and now I know. So many things could be done to this car to make it a competitor for racing. I can see an incredible future in RALLY RACING in foriegn countries for this car.

22. Re: similar to fast and the furious

Just to clarify...this Nismo 400R was NOT in F&F. The 400R was a modified R33 GTR from Nissan motorport division "Nismo" which came from NISsan MOtorsport. It was a production car although the production was limited to 50 and were sold out very quickly. Obviously the "400R" term comes from the 400bhp. It engine is basically a RB26DETT but has the displacement increased to 2.8L from the standart 2.6L. Secondly Motorex (who import GTRs into the US) do not import 400Rs. Soooo...that meant that the F&F GTR was NOT an 400R.

Now.....the F&F GTR was indeed an R33 GTR called "BigBird" which DOES 10sec quarter miles and which DID win Pikes Peak and I beleive at the time of filming made "close to" 800bhp.(thats what the owner of the car said in the making of F&F)

People are mistaking it possibly because of the similar yellow paint job(apart from the fact that the F&F GTR had a bunch of stupid stickers). The yellow you see above is indeed a factory colour from NISMO along with Acqua Blue and Red (i think)

yup...thats about it I guess

23. Re: similar to fast and the furious

It is true that the 400R engine is based on the RB26DETT, but it was reworked alot. The RBX has a strenghtened block, reworked head, bigger turbos, etc. Pretty much every part in the engine is changed. I just wonden how much power can it handle, when taken to the limit?

24. Re: similar to fast and the furious

To the people who keep saying that there is no Maxima in the States....do you live in the States.....cuz I do and when was F&F filmed???? cuz my girlfriend has a '97 Nissan MAXIMA not primera so get you sh*t straight before you start throwing it at people

25. Re: similar to fast and the furious

There is a Maxima in the US. But there is no Primera. It is/was sold as a Infiniti G20.