Top 10 Supercars of 2009
Despite a continuing financial crisis, the supercar was alive and well in 2009. This year was particularly fruitful since many companies debuted production supercars that were planned far in advance of the recession. Of these, the Lexus LFA is currently at the top of our list as it redefines the brand and offers exceptionally elegant design.
Since almost all concept cars from 2009 focus on electric propulsion and compact construction, there are only two on the list. Until batteries can harness as much power as gasoline, the electric supercar is still a product of the future. Without further ado, we present the top 10 supercar releases of 2009 with a single honorable mention for Devon.
1. Lexus LFA (nurburgring racer, V10, great interior)
2. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Stirling Moss (ultimate slr, modern barchetta)
3. Lamborghini Reventon Roadster (ultimate murceilago, limited production)
4. Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce (it’s either this or the reventon)
5. Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept (aka sideswipe, future corvette)
6. BMW Vision EfficientDynamics (new bmw design direction)
7. Ferrari F458 (coming to every event near you)
8. Mercedes SLS (affordable slr, gullwing successor)
9. McLaren MP4-C (mclaren f1’s child, all new)
10.Bertone Mantide (coachbuilt zr1, castriota lines)
HM.Devon GTX (coachbuilt viper, mcintosh stereo)