51% say reporters are trying to hurt Palin

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mpg, Sep 4, 2008.

1. How much coverage has Cindy McCain's drug use gotten? And she even had a Doctor from her own non-profit write illegal prescriptions, not to mention stealing drugs directly from the organization.

2. Wrong, wrong... and oh, yeah. Wrong.

I AM one of "the left", I am in the military, I grew up in a very much leftist area and I'm a member of LEFTist blogs.

What you say is totally horseshit.

3. Is that all you got?

I've never said any of this was sexist. In fact, it's pretty stupid to think it's sexism anyway. The whole point is that this has nothing to do with sexism. It's political, plain and simple. The media wouldn't be so accepting of Hillary Clinton if they were sexist, so to claim that this is sexism is just idiotic. Just like it's idiotic to think that any of my posts blame sexism for what's happened to Palin.

And yes, go ahead and play the "liberalllsss!" card instead of trying to argue against my points. If I were unwilling/unable to see the obvious bias in the bullshit CNN "investigation" I'd probably try to change the subject, too.

4. Just because you're part of the left doesn't mean you represent every single one of their views. Did you notice I said "generally" or do you ignore certain words to make your points easier to argue? Obviously there are people in the left that are pro-military, but that doesn't mean they all are.

How come all of the anti-war protests are organized by left-wing groups? On the other side, when was the last time you saw a right-wing anti-war protest? You can call my post horseshit all you like, but you're going to have a hard time answering these questions.

Would you consider Code Pink to be left wing or right wing? What was it they were doing to the military recruiting stations in Berkeley? Remind me, I seem to have forgotten.

5. No, the LEFT (which I assume you mean Democrats) know how to run a war.

James Madiscon (Democratic-Republican, War of 1812) - Treaty of Ghent
    Woodrow Wilson (Democrat, World War I) - won
    Franklin D Roosevelt (Democrat, World War II) - won
    Union (Left, American Civil War) - won
    William McKinley (Republican, Spanish-America War) - won
    Richard Nixon (Republican, Vietname War) - lost
    George Bush (Republican, Persian Guld War) - failure
    George W. Bush (Republican, Iraq War) - failer

6. Wow, I'm sold.

7. I don't want to argue with you, especially when what you're arguing makes me giggle and the way you argue it makes me giggle some more.

8. The media is in it to make things interesting. It helps them to have a war on, because if there's a war more people will watch the news. So they push the war.

It also helps to have a political unknown vault to the VP spot on the Republican ticket, and to incite public reaction to a previously-unknown candidate. Obama was unknown only before the 2004 DNC, after that he has been featured somewhat prominently in the media, and trust me they've gone through the same discovery process with him. I guess no one remembers Rev. Jeremiah Wright...

9. "Did you notice I said "generally" or do you ignore certain words to make your points easier to argue?"

I say horseshit to your 'generally' statement as well. Being VERY pro-military, being (in) the military and also being VERY much a leftist... don't you think I would better perspective than you on the mattter?

"How come all of the anti-war protests are organized by left-wing groups?"

WTF does that have to do being anti-military? I'm against the Iraq war and I support the message of those who protest against it.

"You can call my post horseshit all you like, but you're going to have a hard time answering these questions."

Actually, it was quite easy.

"Would you consider Code Pink to be left wing or right wing?"

Oh, you mean the group that protested Nancy Pelosi's Liberal ass that even the Dailyshow makes fun of? Neither. They're a bunch of whack jobs.

10. Because accusing opposition members in the European Parliment that because they oppose the Lisbon Treaty that they're mentally disabled is definitely NOT childish.

11. This has to be one of the dumbest things ever. Full of errors, omissions, and logical fallacies. Really impressive.

12. So does being part of the right give me the authority to tell you that everything you think about the right is wrong? Are you saying it's only possible to know what a political party believes if you're part of their political movement? We're talking about a major party here. Their views on the military are no secret.

Why does the left generally cut military funding and the right generally increases military funding?

13. I can't explain why one got more coverage than the other but I remind you that they're both spouses of the Republican ticket. You make it sound as if the Democrats' drug use got more coverage than the Republicans'.

14. Of course there are pro-military Democrats just as there are pro-choice Republicans but saying the left isn't anti-military is like saying the right isn't pro-life.

15. It's true that the media covered the Rev. Wright issue but there were other issues which they chose not to cover. Bias isn't always about how you cover the issues, more often it's about which issues you cover and which issues you don't. The William Ayers issue is just one example. It's basically the same as the Rev. Wright issue except it didn't get covered. Obama wasn't as close to Ayers as he was to Wright but Ayers is so far out there that he makes Wright look mainstream by comparison.

16. How does the blood of innocent iraqis feel on your hands? Does your Mustang run better on that blood oil?

17. I don't trust a woman to operate a car, much less a country.

18. "So does being part of the right give me the authority to tell you that everything you think about the right is wrong?"

We're not talking about authority here. What we are discussing is whether or not those on the left are anti-(military). What I (am) saying is that I have a better perspective on this issue because I'm A: in the military and B: a very involved member of "the left"

"Why does the left generally cut military funding and the right generally increases military funding?"

So you're saying that since Bill Clinton followed the advise of the Secretary of Defense, being that the cold war was over that makes him anti-military?

From Bill Clinton:
    "The Secretary of Defense recommended these cuts after consultation with the Joint Chiefs of Staff. And I make them with confidence. But do not misunderstand me. The reductions I have approved will save us an additional $50 billion over the next 5 years. By 1997, we will have cut defense by 30 percent since I took office. These cuts are deep, and you must know my resolve: This deep, and no deeper. To do less would be insensible to progress, but to do more would be ignorant of history. We must not go back to the days of "the hollow army." We cannot repeat the mistakes made twice in this century when armistice was followed by recklessness and defense was purged as if the world were permanently safe."

20. Barack Obama brought out his own drug use (as a teenager) in his own damn book. I have yet to meet anyone who knows jack shit about politics who didn't know this.

If Michelle Obama farts the wrong way it becomes a major media scandal. Cindy McCain not only used drugs as an adult, she had one of the physicians under her employ writing illegal prescriptions. She was stealing drugs from her own non-profit.

The media stayed away from this shit EVEN THOUGH IT'S ACTUALLY TRUE! "We can't get personal on the poor POW's wife, can we?" But there allowed to slam Michelle Obama with ridiculous fluff like painting her a racist, angry black woman who hates America. Can you imagine if she did the same shit Cindy McCain did? Obama's campaign would be toast.

21. So they're playing Michelle for what she really is? Cindy hasn't opened herself up to be scrutinized the way Michelle has. Michelle Obama spouts off about this being the first time she's proud to be an American, and that opened her up to criticism. She came out in the beginning to be a strong minded woman with something to say, but the Obama campaign quickly shut her up.

Her term paper entitled, "Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community" only got press through the internet. To me that's much more important then McCain's addiction to pills.

22. I'm sure Clinton, who worked hard to not serve in the military, and Obama, who never had the most remote desire to serve his country, know everything there is to know about how to win a war.

23. You think anyone in charge of the military RIGHT NOW knows how to win a war?

24. Your point is someone with even less experience is obviously better?

25. This represents a classic core idealistic difference between R's and D's. to stay the course or embrace change.