Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by Richard Owen, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

It seems like you people are forgetting a very important factor that make these two exotics amazing is the actual driver satisfaction. The numbers don't mean squat unless you have fun driving the car. Lets think back though, the Mclaren came out in about 1994, Enzo 2003. Now you would think that after nearly a decade Ferrari could finally beat the McLaren, but no. It has about 30 more horsepower but its excessive weight causes low performance. It is unpractical except for on the racetrack. It is a car that demands to be driven like an F1 car where the McLaren just drives like an F1 car. It is more practical with luggage storage compartments, tools, first aid kit, CD player, etc., not to mention the fact that it seats 3 people. It does not demand you to drive it hard but when you do it rewards you with intoxicating acceleration and beautiful handling capabilities. The Enzo demands to be driven hard all the time. In a nutshell, the Enzo sucks, you would think with the huge spending Ferrari can put into research and development they could have made a car far more superior than the McLaren, but they failed after a decade to do so. The McLaren is just a funner car to drive, it is made to please the driver, not a lap timer. I would rather have a car that does 0-60 in 10 seconds and is funner to drive than one that does 0-60 in 2 seconds, its all about the drive, not the name or the specs. My vote is clear...

2. Re: Ferrari Enzo vs McLaren F1, cast your vote.

you think f1 is fast try 0-300km

3. personlly, i think the mclaren would win by a hair because it seems faster and is the fastest production car on the planet.

4. f1, the enzo is too civilized, not to mention the wieght and handling

5. OH PLEASE!! No sound system? You've got a bloody supercar, a beautiful V12 engine and you're whining about the lack of a sound system?? I think you are completely missing the point of these cars..

6. F1 , its a legend allready i cant even explain why cause its so obvious for me !

7. the enzo would get its ass kicked

8. Im gonna have to refer back to the guy making comments about the VW Golf twin turbo: Im too lazy to quote....a car with awd and 16 cyliders, 4turbos and 4 intercoolers could smoke anything granted (i think the 16/4 Veyeron is crap in the supercar world). all my points have been previously mentioned...read Mott Power for what i think....GO F1...and by F1 they mean that yes it is faster than formula 1 cars

9. McLaren creams Enzo.

10. I say McLaren wins this race Beacose McLaren is fastern than Ferrari Enzo

11. Sorry every one...

It has already been proven in a race between an F1 McLaren and the Enzo that the F1 won...

so no sweat, and for availability of parts hahahahahaha.....
    for trackday performance for the Enzo hahahahahahaha.......

Enzo is a pitty ful car for me. almost as compromised as the F50 for that matter.

McLaren is Exclusive. takes 25000 USD just to properly service it.

Parts hahahahahaha... sorry its not a car that, you walk in a showroom slip the check and take it away. Parts for a Super car...and specially a McLaren grow up...

They are custom made by the factory specially for you. Every thing is exactly the way you would want it.

Its not that you have 1.5 million USD and you can buy it. No, McLaren wouldnt let you buy it.

This is a special... no sorry very special...
    mmmmm no... extravigantly special...
    aaaaa no....actually a state of the art master piece which was made how art is penned down(with no compromise at all...)

Its a pity actually...

This car is not for you and me(I love it but I have to be realistic sorry)... its for people who are not only wealthy but famous and who can take a break to buy such a thing as a McLaren... Every single owner of that car deserves a McLaren.

Its too damn costly to buy... Its significantly impractical... BUT....

its a McLaren and no body can change that....

You are comparing a car which was designed in the era when computing power was limited to Pentium 1s and now its huge technology and yet a car as an Enzo in these times, with this technology...

why???

why is it this slow... this heavy... this obnoxious...

The only ferrari that I preffer was the F40... made in the time of Mr. Enzo Ferrari himself... now thats a ferrari...
    (no compromises)...

It is without doubt the best car of the world but for people who deserve it...

12. Sorry every one...

It has already been proven in a race between an F1 McLaren and the Enzo that the F1 won...

Enzo is a pitty ful car for me. almost as compromised as the F50 for that matter.

Parts hahahahahaha... sorry its not a car that, you walk in a showroom slip the check and take it away. Parts for a Super car...and specially a McLaren grow up...

They are custom made by the factory specially for you. Every thing is exactly the way you would want it.

Its not that you have 1.5 million USD and you can buy it. No, McLaren wouldnt let you buy it.

aaaaa no....actually a state of the art master piece which was made how art is penned down(with no compromise at all...)

Its a pity actually...

This car is not for you and me(I love it but I have to be realistic sorry)... its for people who are not only wealthy but famous and who can take a break to buy such a thing as a McLaren... Every single owner of that car deserves a McLaren.

You are comparing a car which was designed in the era when computing power was limited to Pentium 1s and now its huge technology and yet a car as an Enzo in these times, with this technology...

why???

The only ferrari that I preffer was the F40... made in the time of Mr. Enzo Ferrari himself... now thats a ferrari...
    (no compromises)...

13. Sorry every one...

Its a pity actually...

why???

(no compromises)...

14. Heh... Since i have a McLaren F1, I Know that the McLaren F1 would SMOKE the Enzo

15. No doubt about it. Ferrari Enzo takes it all the way.

16. #118 Tramonta, May 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  17. mclaren best overall

18. Comon guys the mclaren F1 is the best supercars for ever.the frist mclaren F1 was make in 1988 and she was really advengardise.She is maybe not in sale but that dosn't mean you can't buy it.Enzo Ferrari is good but not enought for kick ass of Mclaren F1.Just compare F1 GTR stats vs Enzo stats enzo is over.

19. Comon guys the mclaren F1 is the best supercars for ever.the frist mclaren F1 was make in 1988 and she was really advengardise.She is maybe not in sale but that dosn't mean you can't buy it.Enzo Ferrari is good but not enought for kick ass of Mclaren F1.Just compare F1 GTR stats vs Enzo stats enzo is over.

20. uh no. You dont compare the F1 GTR to the enzo. you compare the f1 gtr to the fxx which will smoke it(my opinion. By the way the enzo is better then mclaren f1.

21. I say maybe in a crowded street, the Enzo will get more looks and attention. But for your driving pleasure, no doubt its the McLaren F1... if you can afford a McLaren F1, you can afford Paris & Nicky Hilton on each side or any female you desire

22. The F1 is lighter but the enzo has more power.

23. The McLaren is no longer the greatest sport car. There are too many cars ahead of it to even think such a thing. Bugatti, Enzo, Koenigsegg, and the Saleen S7 will dominate that car. From a start, from a roll or on a track the McLaren gets dominated. Even the corvette Z06 will give that car a run for its money. Sorry benz your time has passed! lol