This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by Bluey, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

i am not saying that this is the best car known to mankind. bc it isnt. all i am saying is the dauer would beat this in a drag. look at the stats ppl. 2.4-2.6 it can go either way. o and jus wait for the 1000tt to come out, then we'll see fine american art!

2. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

The Dauer has never been officially tested by any third party, outside of Dauer. The figures are attributed to an early engineering prototype, anyway. The production ones are reputed to have about 70 horses less.

3. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

that could mean a reduction in 0-60 by anbout .1 in some places depending on the track and the tires. on a wet track with "cheater slicks" it might pull like the viper at about 2.4 secs.

4. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

?? if the dauer has 70 less HP than the prototype which got "2.6" then the production one would go slower.

5. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

lets wrap this up and say that both cars r good!

6. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

agreed

7. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Case closed!

8. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Hey Bluey, do u know anything about this? i went to SVS's website and found this:

"Coming soon the unvailing of the Stryker TT RS (Twin Turbo Rocket Sled) 1700 Hp Twin Turbo V-10. In the pursuit of making the Dodge Viper the Fastest Production Vehicle on the Planet!"

9. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

you do know that it's porSche, because it makes you sound like a noob, when you call other people noobs, and you can't spell porSche

and as for looks, porSche wins by far, and when u look at used vipers, there's a lot of them, all selling with only 80,000 miles, why? because they are not reliable. and you know if you count the repairs the porSche is much cheaper then a viper. o, and you wanna add lux-o to that? cuz the porsche wins there too, o, and i hate to bring up what every one else brings up, but the porsche has better handling, so in my book, the viper just got it's ass kicked

10. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Ive seen people bullshit alot in my day, but i think that TurboPorsche takes the prize here... Where's the proof?? You never stated any reasons on why they have bad reliability. So you find vipers with 80,000 miles? Your point? And the parts at Dodge are more expensive? HAH thats great. Now youve gotta prove it to me

11. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

And if we are talking about acceleration, how does the Duaer win??
    Dauer-2.6
    800TT-2.43

12. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

I'd rather have Godzilla

13. #88 analcornhusker2, Dec 19, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  14. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

SkylineFreak, if we're going to compare this (800tt) to a DRAG CAR, then look up this viper:
    "Sir Hiss" 1/4 mile: 7.8 sec @ 180 mph

15. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

SkylineFreak:
    Is that car faster than Lingenfelter's 427TT? That car did about an 8.9-second quarter mile, last time I checked. There are Mustangs that are quicker than even that.

TurboPorsche:
    Your reasoning about 80K mile Vipers is ridiculous. If I showed you a bunch of 911 Turbos for sale with even half that many miles, would you therefore conclude that they are even less reliable?

16. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Last time I checked, The Viper is a Drag Car

17. #92 analcornhusker2, Dec 19, 2002
  18. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

If it's a drag car, would it be able to do this?:

Viper GTS:
    Skidpad: 1.01g
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 122 ft
    Slalom Speed: 72.4 mph

19. #94 1426 cid, Dec 19, 2002
    Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

The Lingenfelter 427TT does the 1/4mile NOW in 8.950 @ 153.63.
    Want proof? go to http://www.lingenfelter.com/Video.asp , AND WATCH THE VIDEO.

20. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

In automatic transmission? I wonder if Godzilla did timing in automatic, what would the time be?

21. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

either way, a DRAG CAR "godzilla" gets beat by a street car (vette)

i've seen comparisons done between the 800TT and other cars, but the 800TT vs. a DRAG CAR..........come on

22. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Who ever said that Godzilla wasnt street legal? Theres Skylines And Supras running 1200hp that are street legal and besides that, I rather have a car that can turn, which isnt an advantage when talking about the 800TT

If you really ask me, In my opinion, I think that domestic cars are the crap

23. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

who said the viper couldn't turn?

Viper 800tt:
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 110 ft
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

BTW, if you think "domestic cars are the crap", THEN DON'T POST ON A DOMESTIC CAR FORUM.

24. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Try to turn with a Viper on the Hair Pin turn and you'll see what happends

25. Re: This vs Jap cars like...AB-flug Supra & Veilside Supra, ect.

Viper 800tt:
    Skidpad: 1.06g
    Braking, 60-0 mph: 110 ft
    Slalom Speed: 75.1 mph

i would think that because these times are better than some porsches', Ferraris, and other exotics, that it could handle just as well thruogh the turn.

BTW, if you think "domestic cars are the crap", THEN DON'T POST ON A DOMESTIC CAR FORUM.