can it beat tha hummer????

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by C.O.P.O., Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Truckman</i>
    <b>Buddy, you need to do a little reading. Of course it can beat a Hummer. Hummers kick out a pathetic 195 horses and 450 pounds of torque out of a smelly old piece of crap that GM built years ago. Drop this engine in on the Hummers amazing body and youll shave 4 or 5 seconds of the zero to 60!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A 'pathetic' 450 foot pounds of torque? That more than doubles the horsepower. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

who cares about trucka<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

elputus bring your vette any day motha #$%#a ill take you on with either of my stangs Of course this beast can cream the hummer. the hummers wheel base is HUGE. It can climb flat lands. But it cant mud like this truck could... Four wheelin is all about muddin and runnin over logs with a $96,000 hummer at its LOWEST price you wouldnt even wanna scratch it. sorry GM guys Ford Owns The cars now. the ones that WILL wipe GM out... wheres the duramax's? wheres the camaros? wheres the FIREBIRD? WHERES THE TRANS AM? nowhere to be found HA HA HA... HA<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

hey cameroeater. i dont think you know shit about going off-road. this truck would do horrible in the mudd. i havent seen any wieght specs but i garuantee you that this truck wieghs more than a hummer. and if you have ever gone through mudd in a heavy vehicle you would know that they just sink. of course unless you have a shit load of horse power which this thing does not. and as for running over stuff. a hummer would run this damn thing over. i mean dont get me wrong i love this truck but a hummer would kill this thing off-road.

5. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

hey cameroeater. i dont think you know shit about going off-road. this truck would do horrible in the mudd. i havent seen any wieght specs but i garuantee you that this truck wieghs more than a hummer. and if you have ever gone through mudd in a heavy vehicle you would know that they just sink. of course unless you have a shit load of horse power which this thing does not. and as for running over stuff. a hummer would run this damn thing over. i mean dont get me wrong i love this truck but a hummer would kill this thing off-road

LWRIDER GO TO WWW.MYBIGBRONCO.COM. FUCKFACE I MUDD EVERY WEEKEND WITH THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS DOWNLOAD SOME OF THE MOVIES. I WILL SCHOOL YOUR BLAZER ANYDAY FUCKY. HUMMERS SUCK ASS. THE NEW ONES ANYWAY. WHEN AMC WAS MAKIN EM THEY WERE THE SHIT. BUT NOW THAT GM HAS TO DROP A SHITTY DIESEL ENGINE IN EM AND TRY TO KEEP THE HUMEMR LEGACY ITS GOING TO FLOP. ITS JUST TO SAD AMC HAD TO SELL IT. STUPID FUCKS. GM ROSE THE PRICE 40 GRAND FORM ABOUT 45 to 96. THATS FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS. ANY DAY U GOT A BLAZER I GOT A BRONCO. BRING IT. ILL WAIT<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

The only way it will beat a Hummer is by speed. The Hummer doesn't need the speed, it only needs the power. Hummers go off and on and any other road, this only can go on road. That truck is like the toy that it's called.

7. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

totally agreed 1ummer1<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

First of all I am Military, the HMMWV is an over priced peice of sh*t, I ride around ALL day in those crampt smelly, broken HMMWV's, Ive ridden in both the up aromored and desert HMMWV's...if you park a HMMWv in the mud it will sink and NEVER get out unless you tow it, they are so crampt its not even funny, in winter your lucky if you get heat if you sit in the back, and if you ride in the front passsener seat you will get cooked, the driver freezes his feet off, obviously noone really spent allot of time considering weatherstripping cause they leak all over, and they spend most of there military life in the maintenece hanger gettin fixed, have youever tried to change a hmmwv's tire in the mud? forget about it, its a landmark now, dont ever try to crawl up into the 60 turret unless you were in a circus, cause its gonna take a awhile, and your bound to rack your head on something, i wouldnt advise off roading either, ive been the driver when ive broken the front control arms numerous times, AND they eat gas like non other...luckily wer are gettin them replaced with armored subrbans...oh yes... too nice

anyways the HMMWV shouldnt be considered against this FORD, evidently its an inside secret that HMMWV's are usless except blocking traffic and providing maintence practice on repairing deisels...I will say this though, ive been in a hummer when we hit a deer, and i didnt even know it till i was told...splat

9. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b>the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 327 can't even touch Ford's 351 let alone their bigger V8s. Yes the 327 is a nice engine, I used to have one in my 79 Monte Carlo, but it still doesn't compare to most Ford V8s. As for the V10 vs the 496 look at the difference in engine size. Why don't you compare one of chevy's engines to one of Ford's 500+ ci engines. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. Its because it would rip apart anything that chevy has.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

buddy are you stupid. the 327 is 285 horse power fords 351 is only like 265 or something it even said in a performance test that the chevs were faster. even the 6 litre (366) would kill the ford. chevy's 502 would rip any ford apart. the Z-L1 camaro engine would mop the biggest ford engine. My parents used to have a 98 chev silverada with a vortec 350. i use to race all the ford and dodge trucks and kill them with 3/4's pedal. and as for fords new diesel i gaurantee that the durmax will walk around that thing in a race. it's too bad ford needs to use a hydraulic pump to get that much power. and by the way my buddy has a chevy 526 cubic inch enigine with 717 hp running of pump gas. no ford will touch that. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

why ppl talkin shit, this iz a fukkin ugly peese o' shit, itz got 6 wheels, tha interior iz supa shita, itz wig mirrorz r wack and itz a mingin cula. itz only g a gud engine goin 4 it, but hum V could build a 1 twice tha size<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from vette</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from OOJUGGALO7</i>
    <b>the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The 327 can't even touch Ford's 351 let alone their bigger V8s. Yes the 327 is a nice engine, I used to have one in my 79 Monte Carlo, but it still doesn't compare to most Ford V8s. As for the V10 vs the 496 look at the difference in engine size. Why don't you compare one of chevy's engines to one of Ford's 500+ ci engines. Oh yeah, I know why you don't. Its because it would rip apart anything that chevy has.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

buddy are you stupid. the 327 is 285 horse power fords 351 is only like 265 or something it even said in a performance test that the chevs were faster. even the 6 litre (366) would kill the ford. chevy's 502 would rip any ford apart. the Z-L1 camaro engine would mop the biggest ford engine. My parents used to have a 98 chev silverada with a vortec 350. i use to race all the ford and dodge trucks and kill them with 3/4's pedal. and as for fords new diesel i gaurantee that the durmax will walk around that thing in a race. it's too bad ford needs to use a hydraulic pump to get that much power. and by the way my buddy has a chevy 526 cubic inch enigine with 717 hp running of pump gas. no ford will touch that. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

In case you didn't know Ford rates most of its engines well below what they actually put out so people buying them don't have to pay as much for insurance. The 351 in one of my father's spare trucks is putting out over 300 and its stock. You also have to look at which 351 you are talking about the cleveland or the windsor. As for the bigger engines you obviously didn't read the battle of the big blocks article. They put ford's biggest 500+ ci engine in a mustang and Chevy's biggest 500+ ci engine in a camaro. No blowers, turbos, supers, nitros, or any other power addons. Eventhough the camaro had more cubic inches the ford walked all over it. As for the 717hp a guy my friend works for has a speedboat with a 500 ci ford engine in it with no mods besides the fuel system running pump gas putting out just over 1100hp. One of my father's old farm trucks when I was growing up had a 427 in it with the only modification being an 1100 holly double pumper. The truck could spin all four of its tires up through all five gears and peg the speedometer. Oh and by the way the hydraulic system on the driveshaft's power isn't added into the figures here.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOOK HERE MAHANCHI I'LL KICK YA IN YA NECK AND MAKE YA JAW SWELL.
    AND IF FORD IS AS GOOD AS YOU THINK IT IS THEN WHY HASN'T IT BEEN NAMED TRUCK OF THE YEAR BY MOTORTREND. CHEVY IS ALL WAYS WINNING THE AWARD.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Quote from lwrider20
    hey cameroeater. i went to your website and i must say i wasnt impressed. it looked like a bunch stock ass bronco, with the exception of a few, that were parked in a parking lot. and im pretty sure that your bronco has never even touched the mudd. you wanna go off-road. bring it. i would drive passed you in reverse through the mudd and then crawl over your bronco when it tips over on the hills. shit ill get my friends suzuki samurai and it would school you anyday of the week. but thats not the point of this forum. i still say that a hummer would own this ford off-road. easily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LWRIDER20 you can suck my dick. i take my truck to the mudd boggs every mother #$%#in year. You say you werent impressed? Why? Because there werent any blazers there? Ill take you on any day any time. MY bronco would eat your blazer like it or not. WIth my 5.8 litre 351 cleveland. and my 44 inch tsl super swampers. i changed my lift to about 12 now. 20 got a lil out of hand on the steering.i got a 1 ton in the rear DANA 70's. and 60's up front. i got some detoit lockers. and i would school u up and down. i live in MD so whenever your around Call me ill be ready and waiting. Blazers are so shitty. God im sooo happy you got a chevy... just the fact of knowing i could tear you up. Shit. Sticks and stones will break my bones but a chevy will never pass me. HA HA HA.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

You get yourself so worked up CamaroEater. Its real easy to talk shit when you know you will never have to back it up. Haha.

14. #39 lwrider20, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: can it beat tha hummer????

haha you sound so mad cameroeater. actually i happen to like bronco's. im not one of those "chevy only" or "ford only" guys like you. it just so happens that i own a chevy. and you only take it to the mudd once a year. haha thats pathetic. personally i dont think you even have this bronco. considering you just said you have a 5.8litre 351 and at the bottom you say you have a 460. i mean if your gonna have an imaginary truck at least stick to your story. and o thats such a cute saying at the end there, did you make that up all by yourself. get a life. and as for WRXsti. actually there are some pretty narly samurai's out there. just go to www.izook.com and check them out. my friend samurai will out rock crawl my blazer and almost beat it in the mudd. its awsome

15. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

CamaroEater,

How old are you? Like 13? Your embarassing yourself to the automotive community here, Dont go talking sh*t that your garage of cars can do anything, you cant prove anything here, and no one is goning to let you, so STFU, say your sorry, and quit trying to flame people cause you think your Bronco is big and bad, which it very well may be, thats not what this site is for, If some one posts a rude remark towards you, just disregard them, because you know for yourself what your list of cars can and cant do, you dont need to prove it here for attention, i don think you get a cookie or soemthing, I think you have ADD or eat glue or something, take some Ritalin before you retort anyone, or take a deep breath, and try to be helpful not ignorant, goes for the rest of you flamers too, grow up

16. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

And whats the VIN on that Shelby of yours?

17. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

busted!!!!!! LOL<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

Hell yeah it can beat the box on wheels. When ur inside it, it feels like a piece of tin.GM sucks dick. All yall people that like that gay company are on crack. I got a 2001 cobra with performance heads, supercharger and everything. I'll whoop all yall ass's, and so will camero eater.

19. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

I'm just going to say something that has already been said. The hummer and this concept were developed for different purposes. Judging by current technology though, I just have to say that this truck wouldn't be too great at all. My dad just got and F-150 4x4 that has the works. This includes a towing package. Because of that, the truck is terrible on gas. It seems like it can pull just about anything, as I'm sure this truck here can, but because of that he estimated it gets maybe 13-15 gallons highway/rural. His previously stock Silverado got about 25 mpg.

20. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

who cares if it can or not beat a hummer, its not meant for high speed its a work vehichle....<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

is the hummer meant fo high speed?
    of road this would get trampoled by a hummer because i cant say it enough Fords do suck

22. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

the hummer would mop that piece of shit ford in an off road cometition easily. and if ford makes better engines than chev than why are the chevy's so much faster and more powerful. their 327 will kill the fords biggest v8 and the 496 will destroy fords v10 .<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

hey #$%# face you think your bronco is all that well my buddy dave has a 78 blazer with a 9" lift and 44" tires on it. its got full posi all around with a 502 motor built up to 800hp you think your bronco can beat that because i don't you #$%#in jack off<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

haha ya blazers rule. so did you friend have to cut the fenders? cause im going to have about 9-10 inches of lift on my blazer and i wanna put 38's on it but hell if theyll fit why not 44's.

25. Re: can it beat tha hummer????

yeah dave cut his fenders out. that thing would kill that bronco easily. dave can put that thing in reverse and 4 wheel drive and stomp on the gas and actually lift the back end of the ground. its basically a cat walk in reverse.<!-- Signature -->