Not the fastest car in the world.

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by eamh2002, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Someone told me about another car being the fastest in the world. It is a 1954 Volkswagon bettle. A special edition one. I dont rember what it is called. I think he said it was called Otto von Opeinheimer. He says it was a production car. I havent found anything on the internet about it though. He did give me some info on it though which is listed below. Everyone tell me what you think.

600+ CI V10 triple overhead cam, dual crankshaft
    Super high oil pressure converter
    8 speed Offenhauser transmissoin and transfer case
    16 duct torque converter
    Micropin super low friction bearings
    Messerschmidt super leavening High temp motor oil
    Supercharged to 150mph
    30 Micron fuel atomizer injector nozzles
    Turbo charged from 150mph to top speed of 300+
    All wheel drive
    Four wheel steering
    Speed Servo actuated front and rear ground spoilers
    10" vertical roof stabilizer
    10 productoin models made in 1954

Tell me what you guys think. I dont know. He said it had something to do with the army. That all the parts were something to do with the army. I dont know he said i might be able to fid it o some military something or other. I dont know jsut tell me what you guys think.

2. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

So anyway by my rough calculations your talking about a car that does 591km/h?? okay well I'd just really like to see it.

3. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

Sorry forgot to add this in but to eamh2002, 1227.99km/h isn't that breaking the sound barrier?? So basically the Sledgehammer Corvette is the fastest car coz what your talking about isn't even classed as a car is a rocket. Get it straight.

4. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

umm it's not a rocket it's a jet! and they don't hover they are actually on the ground and they have wheels and are able to steer! dumbass!<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from goodin87</i>
    <b>the spirit of '76 cant even be compared to this car man do some research.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

first off mitsubishi sucks ass. Secondly who do you think you are saying that a drag car couldn't smoke dis thang!!.........<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

exactly, this car could for all intense purposes have been driven down to the shops, when was the last time anyone saw Thrust SSC doing a casual Mach 1 down to get some Milk?

7. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

u #$%#in retard it is a JET CAR u dumb #$%#er!
    <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

sorry, my mistake, but my point is you couldn't drive it on the road, whereas you can drive the vette down to the market if you wanted to.

9. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

i took my thrust SSC down to safeway once, but i got a speeding ticket! :( <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

be careful what you say, some one might think you're serious and start abusing you.

11. Re: Not the fastest car in the world.

it is the fastest ROAD (street legal) car in the world, but it isnt a production car. <!-- Signature -->