Re: Do you like this car ???

Discussion in '1982 Lancia 037 Group B' started by maclaren4life, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Good Lord!!! Save me please... Dodge Viper GTS vs... what?? rally history? Please sweet couwboys let it be!!!

2. "go screw your viper and take your ignorance out of here. lancia will always be one of the greatest rally companies ever. how much skill does it take to drive on pavement, compaired to rally driving?"

WHAT?!!!!!!!

what the hell is wrong with your head?!!! argh. it takes equally as much skill to race on tarmac!! unless ofcourse it's stupid american racing, like NASCAR or indy. - i dont know why they even bother racing in a circular track. (limited intelligence i suppose?) anyway. ofcourse it takes the same or MORE skill to race say the Australian Supercars, or Formula 1 like the Holdens and fords at bathurst. i mean, sure you drift it alot in rally. all over the road on the gravel. dont get me wrong. i do love a good gravel road with a RWD car, but there is just nowhere near the mental challenge that you get in racing against other people, following them 10cm behind them at 270KPH+ hoping they dont brake 0.001 miliseconds earlyer than you think, otherwise you both crash.
    and the skill it takes to find a better racing line an overtake an opponent, and then keep him off. also, as far as car control goes. the rally drivers have it easyer i'd have to say. they can afford to give it full throttle out of corners, in the aussie supercars you give even a touch too much gas out of a corner you break traction and it's all over, the same with braking. a lockup can cost you your line allowing an opponent past. or at least cost you time.

3. WHAT?!!!!!!!

what the hell is wrong with your head?!!! argh. it takes equally as much skill to race on tarmac!! unless ofcourse it's stupid american racing, like NASCAR or indy. - i dont know why they even bother racing in a circular track. (limited intelligence i suppose?) anyway. ofcourse it takes the same or MORE skill to race say the Australian Supercars, or Formula 1 like the Holdens and fords at bathurst. i mean, sure you drift it alot in rally. all over the road on the gravel. dont get me wrong. i do love a good gravel road with a RWD car, but there is just nowhere near the mental challenge that you get in racing against other people, following them 10cm behind them at 270KPH+ hoping they dont brake 0.001 miliseconds earlyer than you think, otherwise you both crash.
    and the skill it takes to find a better racing line an overtake an opponent, and then keep him off. also, as far as car control goes. the rally drivers have it easyer i'd have to say. they can afford to give it full throttle out of corners, in the aussie supercars you give even a touch too much gas out of a corner you break traction and it's all over, the same with braking. a lockup can cost you your line allowing an opponent past. or at least cost you time. also, there is the battling it out with your opponent. no trying to psyche them out for 6 hours in a row.
    i mean, i do really like rally. it's the 2nd best motorsport... so the 2nd best sport (since there are no other half decent sports) now i have become disorientated. and since i've spent about an hour on this i think im going to maybe go to bed or somthing... i cant remember where i am.

4. oh, and hell yeah. GO LANCIA!

5. Hate to break this to you mate, but v8 supercars are sh!t. Check out the class called Super Sedans, they run 3-4 secs quicker per LAP than v8 poopercars on most aussie tracks..........

6. No shit the run faster lap-times you tool - super sedans is basically a free-for-all with very limited restrictions as to what you can and can't do to your 'car' (tube-frame with fibreglass or aluminium shell).
    V8 supercars operate under much tighter restrictions to ensure a more competitive and entertaining event.

It's like how in F1 they are trying to make the cars go slower so that there is more of a spectacle and a greater demand is place on drivers to win races, not on the car itself.